What is going on east of Dilly Deli?

<< < (13/18) > >>

Conan71:
Quote from: rwarn17588 on December 17, 2009, 03:33:09 pm

Forgive my ignorance, but what would keep Marshall's from operating a brewery? Is there some sort of ceiling on beer production?

On a related note, it's high time for the next governor or legislature to take a hard look at this state's archaic alcohol laws. Sure, other states have them, too, but it's no excuse to keep stupid regulations on the book "just because."

Tulsa has had two brew pubs in the past.  One was way over indebted and poorly managed, the other I'm still not sure why it failed as a couple of very good restarauteurs partnered up on it.

Far as I know there is no ceiling on production.  Eric told me one time why he was not electing to go that route and I honestly cannot now remember the reason why. (We must have been drinking beer at the time).  I think it may have had to do with the cost and perhaps he could not package and distribute the beer if it was a brew pub.  Maybe he's lurking and will chime in.

SXSW:
Quote from: Conan71 on December 17, 2009, 03:40:08 pm

Tulsa has had two brew pubs in the past.  One was way over indebted and poorly managed, the other I'm still not sure why it failed as a couple of very good restarauteurs partnered up on it.

Far as I know there is no ceiling on production.  Eric told me one time why he was not electing to go that route and I honestly cannot now remember the reason why. (We must have been drinking beer at the time).  I think it may have had to do with the cost and perhaps he could not package and distribute the beer if it was a brew pub.  Maybe he's lurking and will chime in.

Yes I believe there is some sort of restriction.  I'm sure someone will chime in who knows more about it than I do.  I think we all agree a Marshall's brewery/brewpub at 1st & Elgin across from an expanded McNellies would be AWESOME.

Nik:
given the close partnership between McNellie's and Marshall's, I wouldn't expect Eric to open a brewpub right across the street from McNellie's even if he decided to go that route.

Conan71:
Quote from: Nik on December 17, 2009, 04:28:30 pm

given the close partnership between McNellie's and Marshall's, I wouldn't expect Eric to open a brewpub right across the street from McNellie's even if he decided to go that route.

It could see such a scenario if he partnered with Elliott on it.

rwarn17588:
Quote from: Conan71 on December 17, 2009, 03:40:08 pm

Tulsa has had two brew pubs in the past. 

What were they?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page