A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:08:03 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yoga  (Read 7612 times)
Cherish
« on: June 17, 2009, 09:59:24 pm »

So I've been looking at a place to do Yoga in Tulsa so when I move there I can get back on track.  You know how it is when you move...sometimes you get lazy cause you keep unpacking or staring at boxes, then you get the excuse of well I don't know anyone here.  Then you find yourself eating a pan of brownies while your watching Family Guy, Weeds, or Sex in the City. 

So before that happens...again...I was wondering if you guys could tell me which Yoga studio is great.  I have been looking at Inner Peace Yoga studio since it is the closest one to where I will be living.  Anyone have any suggestions on studios?  I'm a college student so can't be too expensive, yoga studios are known to be more expensive then gyms. Tongue
CoffeeBean
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:09 pm »

Get a membership at Tulsa Community College - the entire summer is $25 - and includes free classes, including yoga.   

Cherish
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2009, 01:18:07 am »

Get a membership at Tulsa Community College - the entire summer is $25 - and includes free classes, including yoga.   

Thanks are you talking about the non-credit classes?  I would be a non-resident for a year and it looks like that would be around 200 per credit hour for me so that wouldn't be that feasible for me, and I am not finding what your talking about on the website.  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong area.  Huh
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2009, 09:23:10 am »

Inner Peace is good as is the Yoga room on Brookside.

A friend of mine goes to Yoga on Thursdays (I think) at St. John's Episcopal church near 41st & Lewis.  She seems to like that one real well.

Either IP or YR will offer many different types of Yoga anywhere from newbie to very advanced and for athletes.  A great place to go for a Yoga retreat is the Canebrake Resort about 45 mins east of Tulsa.

FOTD is another Yogi, perhaps he will chime in with some recommendations.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2009, 12:12:51 pm »

Fellow Yogi's utilize the PM portion of TNF....

It's only fair in politics and love to be honestly open...

* yogi bear.jpg (7.56 KB - downloaded 349 times.)
* YogiBerra.jpg (34.09 KB - downloaded 341 times.)
* ZenHomer.jpg (9.37 KB - downloaded 349 times.)
OkieDiva
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2009, 12:44:49 pm »

Cox has several options - in the "Free Zone" of On Demand - if you're a subscriber. Nice thing about it is you can do it at any hour... in your living room... and be snickered at by your son the whole time... and then go make yourself a margarita one room away.
Cherish
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 04:06:58 pm »

Thanks but I won't have or need cable...I use hulu (free) with my PS3, and stream a lot of stuff off of my media server.  Plus I use netflix, since I watch a lot of season's and HD movies that way.  I'm a college student I cut a lot of costs down with entertainment (except gaming or music).  Usually only spend money on things for fitness/health, concerts, comedy clubs, or cause I'm bored LOL.

Thanks for the replies everyone I think I'll check out Inner Peace since they have $5 walk in classes so I won't have to buy a membership and I found out that the Tulsa Park systems offers A LOT of free or reduced fitness classes.  I need to find ways to make friends or not be bored moving out of state to a place with NO family or friends near by so I might have to check out the ceramic making class sounds pretty cool!

Thanks for all the suggestions  Grin
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:10:37 pm by Cherish » Logged
Cherish
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 04:15:00 pm »

Cox has several options - in the "Free Zone" of On Demand - if you're a subscriber. Nice thing about it is you can do it at any hour... in your living room... and be snickered at by your son the whole time... and then go make yourself a margarita one room away.

Hey OkieDiva...if you feel adventurous I found out the YWCA has strip aerobics/pole aerobics and there 5 bucks for the classes there held Sat morning.  I don't know if you've tried it before but its awesome!  Really keeps you toned (especially your core), or you can try belly dancing if you haven't done that yet...really focuses on core and hips  Cool

Your son wouldn't be snickering at ya and you can have an excuse to get a Cosmo afterwards Cheesy

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD92a5eebYg[/youtube]

I've yet to master the angel move like Kevin James LOL.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 04:29:18 pm by Cherish » Logged
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 10:11:56 pm »

...I found out the YWCA has strip aerobics/pole aerobics and there 5 bucks for the classes there held Sat morning. 

Is there a cover charge to watch?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:30:50 pm »

Open tryouts at 'that establishment that used to be Molly Murphy's' happen usually Tuesday nights.

Grin

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Cherish
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 01:34:53 am »

Open tryouts at 'that establishment that used to be Molly Murphy's' happen usually Tuesday nights.

Grin

I'm guessing Molly Murphy's is a strip joint?
Cherish
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 01:35:19 am »

Grin Sorry I don't think men are allowed.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2009, 08:59:30 am »

I'm guessing Molly Murphy's is a strip joint?

It used to be a Molly Murphy's restaurant.  Now it's a strip joint.
OkieDiva
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2009, 10:03:45 am »

Hey OkieDiva...if you feel adventurous I found out the YWCA has strip aerobics/pole aerobics and there 5 bucks for the classes there held Sat morning. 

Wonder if I can wear a wig and funny nose/glasses while doing it?
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2009, 10:12:16 am »

Wonder if I can wear a wig and funny nose/glasses while doing it?

That's hot
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org