A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:59:56 pm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbershop?  (Read 14240 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 08:37:31 am »

OK I'm a cheapie, but I went for a haircut at that training school on 71st by the Pyramid store, they give basic haircuts for $6.00 plus whatever you tip the girl. The wash & shampoo is included. The instructor checks the students work before you leave. Haircuts are getting darn expensive- I'm not much for going to regular Barbershops they don't don't seem to clean the equipment between customers.

You get any pictures to prove it?  Otherwise we don't believe you.  You don't live here.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 09:25:19 am »

There is another one at 15th & Lewis between Duffy's and Bill/Ruths. He looks lonely.

That's the same family that bought my barber's old shop.  The guy in Crystal City looks pretty lonely too.

RIP Harry Don, man I miss that guy.  He'd chain smoke through my haircut which irritated me no end, but he was a great barber and great soul.  I think Rwarn also went to him.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2009, 08:38:23 am »

I like the one in the basement of the Mid-Continent Tower downtown. For $15 you get a haircut, neck shave and neck/upper back massage.

There's only one barber every time I visit, so you may want to call first: 587-5016.

I also go here.  Great price, the massage is great.  It is on the lower level of the Mid-Con Tower by the tunnel connection to 320 S. Boston.
Aa5drvr
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2009, 04:51:27 am »

I went to Harry in Crystal City also.  That guy had lived an interesting (and tough) life, yet he was always upbeat.  I overlooked the smoking, though my wife always asked which bar did I go to for a haircut.

Since then, I have been going to Clays Barbershop next to Savoy at 61st and Sheridan.  He has a twin brother who has Clays Barbershop in Fontana.  Both are retired Army officers do excellent work and are the most polite gentlemen.  Ive took my dad there who is a D-Day veteran.  You can imagine those stories.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 09:39:55 pm »

I have had the same barber since 5th grade! I am 47 now. 11$! Smiley

jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 07:16:59 pm »

I go to one of two barber shops (depending on which one is less busier) and both of them are located near Admiral and Harvard  and both cost 6 bucks for a haircut. One is across the street from where East side Cafe(no longer around) and the other one is across the street from Mazzios.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org