A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:53:23 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Barbershop?  (Read 14242 times)
Nik
Philanthropist

« on: June 17, 2009, 08:22:27 am »

Looking for a good barbershop either in downtown, midtown or west tulsa. Any recommendations?

I usually go to this one place on peoria and have whoever cut my hair, but they got a new guy who did the whole straight edge razor thing and gave and great haircut. for some reason, he's no longer there and now, i can't go back to just a regular haircut.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 09:01:26 am »

My barber in Crystal City died suddenly in March.  I've gone to his successor a couple of times and I'm not happy...looking also, mid-town or west side.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 09:47:12 am »

My coworkers recommend hair on the square, downtown. I just use supercuts though.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:26:24 am »

What is the name of that barbershop in the east end across from the Tiny Lounge and next to the winery?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
TheTed
City Father

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 11:08:58 am »

I like the one in the basement of the Mid-Continent Tower downtown. For $15 you get a haircut, neck shave and neck/upper back massage.

There's only one barber every time I visit, so you may want to call first: 587-5016.

MichaelBates
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 12:25:26 pm »

What is the name of that barbershop in the east end across from the Tiny Lounge and next to the winery?

Divine Barbering -- Jason McGill is the owner and barber -- 779-7746.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 01:26:53 pm »

http://www.flowbee.com/

Power is nothing till you use it.
Cherish
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2009, 01:45:40 pm »

Grin People REALLY use that thing???  That's just as bad as the Ron Popeil hair in a can.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2009, 01:48:08 pm »

I think my kids, pets, and I look rather stunning.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2009, 01:51:34 pm »

I've not met the kids or pets but I often hear "breath taking" when Recycle Michael is mentioned.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2009, 01:52:01 pm »

Yes, I'm stunned every time I see your funny haircut.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2009, 02:33:08 pm »

Here are a few Midtown places that come to mind
15th and Boston next to Mrs Dehaven's
15th and Main next to Bill & Ruth's
16th and Carson in the Manor House (if you like the color blue and are AARP)
15th and Peoria in the Lincoln Center
waterboy
« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2009, 04:44:57 pm »

There is another one at 15th & Lewis between Duffy's and Bill/Ruths. He looks lonely.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2009, 08:45:53 pm »

It's really annoying. Most barbers refuse to have anything to do with me because my hair is too long, so it's impossible for me to get a good shave. I end up either having to go to super cuts or some salon. That's probably why I look unkempt so often.

Maybe if the guy at 15th and Lewis is lonely enough he'll cut my damn hair.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2009, 08:33:00 am »

OK I'm a cheapie, but I went for a haircut at that training school on 71st by the Pyramid store, they give basic haircuts for $6.00 plus whatever you tip the girl. The wash & shampoo is included. The instructor checks the students work before you leave. Haircuts are getting darn expensive- I'm not much for going to regular Barbershops they don't don't seem to clean the equipment between customers.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org