A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:02:36 pm
Linked Events
  • Botanical Garden Open House: June 13, 2009

• Registrations have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wildflower Survey  (Read 2783 times)
jjpmgarrison
« on: June 11, 2009, 08:23:13 am »

Join a wildflower and native plant survey at the beautiful site of the Oklahoma Centennial Botanical Garden.  Enjoy the panoramic views of the Osage Hills from the deck of the temporary visitor center. Walk trails through an ancient forest, across prairie and into a Persimmon Grove of about 75 trees. And learn about plans for the $40 million Garden being developed just seven miles northwest of downtown Tulsa. The Oklahoma Native Plant Society will lead the search for native plants.  The free open house is 10 am-1 pm.  Directions: Exit I-244 onto the Tisdale Parkway. Exit at Apache and turn left. Turn right at the first street--North Osage Drive. Drive about 5 miles before entering a gravel road that leads to the visitor center. www.ocbg.org. (918) 289-0330.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:29:54 am »

Awesome! I just posted something earlier this week about needing an update on the botanical gardens.  I hope I can make it there this Saturday.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2009, 03:02:18 pm »

Awesome! I just posted something earlier this week about needing an update on the botanical gardens.  I hope I can make it there this Saturday.

Did you make it out there?  I keep meaning to go and check it out and will one of these days, but in the mean time I am curious as well.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2009, 09:35:33 am »

Like you, I've totally slacked.  I do not recall why I didn't go that weekend - or every weekend since.  But I have not gone up there at all.

Which is just stupid, because my family really likes to go hiking . . .

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org