A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:49:02 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wood Bath Mat  (Read 3759 times)
georgelopez66
« on: June 10, 2009, 05:13:33 pm »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anybody has ever used a wooden bath mat. I saw a nice example in myer and I was wondering if they work well. I was also wondering if anybody has made one. The ones I have seen for sale in stores are made from pine that has been stained and sealed. When I did an internet search I saw some very nice cedar and teak mats. Im sure I could make one without much hassle. Anyway could anyone think of any negatives or positives for for the ideas above?
Thanks in advance!
 Door Locks
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:30:04 pm by georgelopez66 » Logged
joiei
City Father

« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 05:36:49 pm »

Hi All,
I was wondering if anybody has ever used a wooden bath mat. I saw a nice example in myer and I was wondering if they work well. I was also wondering if anybody has made one. The ones I have seen for sale in stores are made from pine that has been stained and sealed. When I did an internet search I saw some very nice cedar and teak mats. Im sure I could make one without much hassle. Anyway could anyone think of any negatives or positives for for the ideas above?
Thanks in advance!

If you are a talented woodworker then I would say make one yourself using some nice teak wood and save yourself the dollars.   That way you can make it to fit your needs.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 08:15:45 am »

Go with teak, it handles outdoor conditions and water well.  Ipe is also a great choice but its pricier, although the small size of a bath mat may not make much difference.  I've seen a couple versions, the tiled pieces that seem to be flexible and the rigid construction that elevates the slats off the floor.  I'd advise the elevated...I first saw these a decade ago as a student in a european rental that had a dorm/locker shower area. 

River Parks also has teak tops installed in their recent 41st Plaza tables.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org