A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:25:22 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "UP" in 3D in Tulsa??  (Read 5274 times)
TMS
Citizen

« on: June 08, 2009, 05:10:22 pm »

Hi. Is the Disney movie "Up" being shown in actual 3D anywhere in T-town?

Wilbur
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 06:50:15 pm »

I know Starworld 20 is showing it, both in 3D and non-3D.
pmcalk
City Mother
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:25 pm »

We saw it in 3D at the AMC at 41st.  Great movie.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2009, 11:47:06 am »

I saw Monsters and Aliens in 3d.  The new 3d is simply amazing.  It isn't the cheesy 3d of the old movies, EVERYTHING is in 3d.  When they are sitting on a porch you want to lien in to see around corners.  Very cool.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 11:58:32 am »

I saw Monsters and Aliens in 3d.  The new 3d is simply amazing.  It isn't the cheesy 3d of the old movies, EVERYTHING is in 3d.  When they are sitting on a porch you want to lien in to see around corners.  Very cool.

Saw the Tim Burton's Nightmare B4 Xmass in 3d and it was awesome. And it wasn't the doob! (but it did enhance the effects for sure!)
TMS
Citizen

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2009, 01:05:07 pm »

Cool.

Did anyone ever see Warhol's Frankenstein in 3D, here in Tulsa before it was banned? It didn't last but a couple or 3 weeks before being run out of town. (People were literally losing their dinner in the theatres.)  As shockingly weird as it was (even for this day and age), it sure was effective 3D, even with the old style gray and red cellophane glasses! (I think even Freud would've shrieked at this film! : )

But even still, the new cartoon kind of 3D has to be so much more spectacular than any un-animated  movie I'm sure. I've seen a trailer of one at some other 3D flick like Superman or something (which I thought was pretty lame), and I could see the potential then.

I think I saw where Jerry Bruckheimer is coming out with his very own version of one this summer, of mice or rats or something (or copycats or something). There might be a proliferation of them to choose from before long. I never thought I'd see a cartoon movie as a grown adult, without a kid to go with, but for the 3D effect I just might, especially since "Up" is such a good story along with 3D. 

Thanks all.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org