A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:21:11 am
Linked Events
  • TulsaNow's West Tulsa Forum: June 16, 2009

• Registrations have closed
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TulsaNow's West Tulsa Forum - June 23rd  (Read 3536 times)
Admin
Administrator
Philanthropist

« on: June 08, 2009, 10:02:53 am »

How can spending money downtown help my neighborhood?
What is a “Comprehensive Plan” and how does it affect me?
Who needs trains, when we’ve got potholes to fill?

You’ve got questions, we’ve got answers!

In the spirit of community involvement, TulsaNow is bringing its Community Forum Tour “on the road” to a neighborhood near you! Our first event was held in April in North Tulsa and now we are excited to announce our second event!

This second in a series of public forums will be held at the Zarrow Regional Library on June 23rd.  Topics will include: downtown development, new forms of transit, PLANiTULSA (Tulsa’s citywide Comprehensive Plan)…and how it all relates to the challenges in West Tulsa!

Informative presentations will be followed by open discussions with local community leaders. 

Speakers:
Jack Crowley, Special Advisor to the Mayor on Urban Planning
Theron Warlick, City of Tulsa Planning Department

Panelists:
Katy Davis – Red Fork Main Street
Gary Perceful - Tulsa County News, Scissortail Group and TPS Board
Linda Jordan - Tulsa County News and Scissortail Group
Cindi Hemm - Principal, Eugen Field Elementary

The diverse group of panelists and speakers will field questions and discuss how collaborative efforts can create a brighter future for ALL Tulsans.

Expect an evening that is both exciting and informative!

WHEN:  Tuesday, June 23rd 6:00-8:00 PM
WHERE:  Zarrow Library Auditorium 2224 W. 51st St.
MORE INFO:  info@tulsanow.org
COST:  Free!

TulsaNow is a grassroots, non-profit organization working to help Tulsa reach its full potential.  We encourage civic participation by providing people with the information they need to get educated, get involved, and make a positive impact on Tulsa.  Our goal?  To help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of its size.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 06:06:10 pm by Admin » Logged
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 11:24:41 am »

Unfortunately I wont be able to make it. I will be in Florida at Disney World that week.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:01:51 am »

I'll be there to learn more about west Tulsa.  I was doing a little research this morning, and learned that the very first Zingo was actually located in west Tulsa at Crystal City Park.  Who knew?!

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2009, 01:30:53 pm »

Reminder: This is Today!
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 03:22:42 pm »

I plan to attend.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org