A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:25:33 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Which Democrat should run for Mayor?  (Read 15277 times)
waterboy
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2009, 01:41:53 pm »

Dewey?

First name Robert.

I could see several of our local posters who could do the job. And, like Gaspar, political affiliation at this level shouldn't mean so much. We just need people who know how our system works and how to make it work.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2009, 01:44:25 pm »

Shoooooot, you don't even have to dig up my dirt.  It's all out there and way too much for public office. 

I'd love it for the first two weeks before I was removed.

Love it.  My dirt is top-soil, loads of it.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 02:20:34 pm »

I don't see why Karen Keith would run for it, she's only been seated on the county commission for 1/2 a year or so.  Roscoe is a nice guy, great citizen, and I consider him a friend.  Mayor material?  No. 

Paging Recyclemichael....

Paging Recyclemichael.... guido911

FIFY

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2009, 12:30:24 pm »

I don't see why Karen Keith would run for it, she's only been seated on the county commission for 1/2 a year or so.  Roscoe is a nice guy, great citizen, and I consider him a friend.  Mayor material?  No. 

Paging Recyclemichael....

I have had a whole lot of people talk to me about running for Mayor...

I don't get it. I am, for all practical reasons, as qualified to be mayor as a rodeo clown.

Our only skill is to find the bull and distract him.

Power is nothing till you use it.
waterboy
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2009, 01:06:53 pm »

Nonsense. You are as qualified as any of the last few rodeo clowns.

Seriously, anyone who knows how this city works and who the players are, should give consideration to taking the reins for awhile. I disagree with many who believe leadership is the province of lawyers and savvy businessmen. Those are the categories who have populated finance, real estate, stock markets and politics for the last decade. They have failed us miserably. I wouldn't preclude them from the list, but I wouldn't expect that background to be critical to the job.

We need level headed, moderate, reasonable people who understand the layers of government here and can be responsive to a truly multi-faceted population.

Sorry, Guido, you and I don't have those qualities. Shocked

Just another name to toss out. Robert Gardner.
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2009, 01:08:22 pm »

Seriously, anyone who knows how this city works and who the players are, should give consideration to taking the reins for awhile. I disagree with many who believe leadership is the province of lawyers and savvy businessmen. Those are the categories who have populated finance, real estate, stock markets and politics for the last decade. They have failed us miserably. I wouldn't preclude them from the list, but I wouldn't expect that background to be critical to the job.

We need level headed, moderate, reasonable people who understand the layers of government here and can be responsive to a truly multi-faceted population.

You could always start a new party and run as the Recycle Tulsa Party.  That could come with some benefits.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2009, 02:54:42 pm »

Ouch.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2009, 03:04:42 pm »

You don't think an under-employed educated guy with an innate knowledge of the Arkansas River wouldn't be a compelling candidate?  I mean it's ALL about the river after all...  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2009, 03:28:26 pm »

You don't think an under-employed educated guy with an innate knowledge of the Arkansas River wouldn't be a compelling candidate?  I mean it's ALL about the river after all...  Wink

You know that. I know that. But to most others, I'm just a guy who may have consumed a bit too much untreated Arkansas River water. Wink

Really, I couldn't tell you who the head of the Airport Authority is, or whether or not they are performing their duties. My understanding of a TIF is as a format for digital files. I would love to serve in a capacity for the city that could use my knowledge of the river and its issues, but unless one of you secures the office, that won't happen.

We should put forward a slate of potential candidates from our ranks. Afterall, we ARE the real movers and shakers in this city. And it should not be limited to party affiliation.

So far:

ReCycleMike
     Conan the Contrarian
     Prime Minister (PM) Calk
     Carlton Heights
     WeVsUs
and my darkhorse candidate (drum roll).....Chera Kimiko

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2009, 04:35:52 pm »

You know that. I know that. But to most others, I'm just a guy who may have consumed a bit too much untreated Arkansas River water. Wink

Really, I couldn't tell you who the head of the Airport Authority is, or whether or not they are performing their duties. My understanding of a TIF is as a format for digital files. I would love to serve in a capacity for the city that could use my knowledge of the river and its issues, but unless one of you secures the office, that won't happen.

We should put forward a slate of potential candidates from our ranks. Afterall, we ARE the real movers and shakers in this city. And it should not be limited to party affiliation.

So far:

ReCycleMike
     Conan the Contrarian
     Prime Minister (PM) Calk
     Carlton Heights
     WeVsUs
and my darkhorse candidate (drum roll).....Chera Kimiko

Mmmm...Chera.  Now THAT's change I could get be---wait a minute...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org