A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:24:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327038 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #600 on: February 03, 2016, 01:41:11 pm »

But jet fuel can't melt steel beams!

Exactly.

There were no jet parts found at the pentagon:  yes there were, here are photos.

But there were no images of the plane coming in: yes there were, here are security video and radar.

But there were no air traffic signals head toward the pentagon: yes there were.

But buildings don't just fall down: yes they do, its called pancaking, here's an engineering report on it that predates your conspiracy theory.

But there demolition crews setting charges days before hand: no there wasn't, there is no evidence to support that.

But jet fuel can't melt steel beams: they don't need to melt and there wasn't only jet fuel burning.

But it was a vast government conspiracy orchestrated by thousands of government personnel, air traffic controllers, the airlines, military personnel, building management, the port authority of New York, Wall Street, the Saudi's, the Rockefellers, the Astors, the Vatican, and Colonel Sanders in order to gain something that I'm not really clear on: no it wasn't, lets start with the fact that conspiracies don't work when they get that big and end of the fact that the desired shared goal of all parties involved is a mystery. In fact, that's stupid.

But you can't disprove my theory: that's now how evidence works.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #601 on: February 03, 2016, 04:21:37 pm »

Exactly.

There were no jet parts found at the pentagon:  yes there were, here are photos.

But there were no images of the plane coming in: yes there were, here are security video and radar.

But there were no air traffic signals head toward the pentagon: yes there were.

But buildings don't just fall down: yes they do, its called pancaking, here's an engineering report on it that predates your conspiracy theory.

But there demolition crews setting charges days before hand: no there wasn't, there is no evidence to support that.

But jet fuel can't melt steel beams: they don't need to melt and there wasn't only jet fuel burning.

But it was a vast government conspiracy orchestrated by thousands of government personnel, air traffic controllers, the airlines, military personnel, building management, the port authority of New York, Wall Street, the Saudi's, the Rockefellers, the Astors, the Vatican, and Colonel Sanders in order to gain something that I'm not really clear on: no it wasn't, lets start with the fact that conspiracies don't work when they get that big and end of the fact that the desired shared goal of all parties involved is a mystery. In fact, that's stupid.

But you can't disprove my theory: that's now how evidence works.

Don't forget that the people that did it, admitted to doing it. Plus it was their second attempt to bring down the World Trade Center.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #602 on: February 03, 2016, 04:27:04 pm »

Don't forget that the people that did it, admitted to doing it. Plus it was their second attempt to bring down the World Trade Center.

Oh come on!  Now you are just making excuses!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #603 on: February 03, 2016, 04:55:39 pm »

I'll tell you this, car load of black kids on the south side of Chicago running from the cops refusing to stop and speeding into a police roadblock are going to get shot long before they have the opportunity to get out of the car and reach for a gun.

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #604 on: February 03, 2016, 05:56:29 pm »

Really no takers?  Hello pilots?  fellow geeks?  Bueller?  Anyone?  This is not your average heads-up display.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #605 on: February 04, 2016, 08:11:31 am »

Really no takers?  Hello pilots?  fellow geeks?  Bueller?  Anyone?  This is not your average heads-up display.

I wondered the same thing, I couldn't find any website actually talking about it, but a quick search seems to show that the amount of information shown there wouldn't be outstanding for any kind of high quality camera system. Here is what is shown on the system of a $100 drone:

This is a $500 remote contorlled helicopter's HUD:

Not a huge leap to figure a system that includes massive zoom capabilities (hence the "cross hairs"), range finding, infrared, etc. would even have a few more. I'm guessing the government's black helicopters have more gizmos than what I can buy at the hobby shop - but almost all of the black outs can be explained by that alone.

If someone wanted to spend enough time, they might be able to find the actual system used in the video here:
http://www.flyrealhuds.com/

Or, I'm guessing a TV news or police helicopter guy would have a really good idea.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #606 on: February 04, 2016, 09:57:08 am »

As stated below the info on a heads up display can be pretty dense.  I don't have an OSD/HUD on my big rig but have thought about getting one.  They're pretty inexpensive.

Anybody screaming 'redaction' on these videos is really reaching.  It's not like the boxes move during the framing of the shot.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #607 on: February 04, 2016, 07:09:06 pm »

Not a huge leap to figure a system that includes massive zoom capabilities (hence the "cross hairs"), range finding, infrared, etc. would even have a few more. I'm guessing the government's black helicopters have more gizmos than what I can buy at the hobby shop - but almost all of the black outs can be explained by that alone.

So the question would be "why censor innocuous information while preaching the gospel of transparency?"

This is the closest match I have been able to find:

https://plus.google.com/communities/103589768395066352976

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #608 on: February 04, 2016, 07:27:38 pm »

So the question would be "why censor innocuous information while preaching the gospel of transparency?"

This is the closest match I have been able to find:

https://plus.google.com/communities/103589768395066352976

Perhaps there are proprietary HUD graphics that are military-derived they don’t want floating around.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #609 on: February 04, 2016, 07:57:38 pm »

Perhaps there are proprietary HUD graphics that are military-derived they don’t want floating around.

Very possible.  That and they might be surveillance systems that arent supposed to even exist like Stingrays and DRT boxes.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #610 on: February 04, 2016, 08:43:47 pm »

Possible info in the blacked out sections: altitude above terrain and absolute from sea level, direction of flight, GPS coordinates, relative north (magnetic north), radio frequency, camera angle, ground speed comparison, FLIR status, date and time, system readiness, system status, video recording status, wind speed, air speed, along with any number of aircraft system status notifications like engine temp, climb rate, aircraft attitude, roll angle, pitch, yaw, exhaust temp, fuel and oil pressure, rotor speed and angle, fuel usage rate, electrical system parameters.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 08:47:40 pm by dbacksfan 2.0 » Logged
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #611 on: February 05, 2016, 08:14:59 am »

The FBI is preaching the gospel of transparency and really really meaning it?  I didn't think that was the argument. I think the core of the discussion is that there is no reasonable conspiracy theory here.

The view of the blacked out materials is striking similar to any number of high tech HUDs. Which one would expect a high tech HUD to be similar to other high tech HUDs.Be them military, professional, or hobbyist.  It appears to have about the level of information expected.

In that none of that information would add anything to the public perception of the event, redact it. When in doubt redact it.

How would knowing the GPS coordinates, the elevation, the relative speed, the wind speed, the motor RPM, the zoom level, what mode the camera is in, what direction the camera is pointing, the direction of travel, aircraft identification, distance to focus point, rotor angle or any of the other possible information benefit analysis of the video for public relation purposes?

Now, from an interest perspective it would be interesting to know how far away the FBI helicopters usually follow suspects. To know how good their zoom lens is. To see what the air speed capabilities are and how high they hover. To see what kind of gimble and video modes they have available. To log the aircraft ID and pull a traffic log for it. It would be neat... it might also be useful to the wrong people.  So again, when in doubt, redact it.

Better believe a defense attorney will want, and should get, underacted copies of that video. But other than satisfying my curiosity, I don't see what it would do for the public.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #612 on: February 05, 2016, 12:44:54 pm »

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #613 on: February 05, 2016, 03:48:48 pm »

How would knowing the GPS coordinates, the elevation, the relative speed, the wind speed, the motor RPM, the zoom level, what mode the camera is in, what direction the camera is pointing, the direction of travel, aircraft identification, distance to focus point, rotor angle or any of the other possible information benefit analysis of the video for public relation purposes?

OTOH, what would it hurt?  Nothing leads the people to believe you are hiding something when you are, well, hiding something.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #614 on: February 05, 2016, 04:25:11 pm »

OTOH, what would it hurt?  Nothing leads the people to believe you are hiding something when you are, well, hiding something.

Are you trying to take "black bar" Billy's job? 

He can't just keep people anonymous all day...

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org