A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:59:52 pm
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 328831 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #555 on: February 08, 2014, 11:55:28 pm »

Manufactured Crimes Used to Paint Political Dissidents as Terrorists
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kris-hermes/the-nato-5-terrorism-charges_b_2552554.html

NATO protesters acquitted of terrorism charges

CHICAGO (AP) — A jury acquitted three NATO summit protesters Friday of breaking Illinois' state terrorism law, a finding the defense said should dissuade Illinois or any other states from ever pressing such charges in a similar way against activists.

While jurors found them not guilty of the most ominous charges, Brian Church, Jared Chase and Brent Vincent Betterly were convicted on lesser counts of mob action.

Prosecutors portrayed the activists as sinister and dangerous anarchists who plotted to throw Molotov cocktails at President Barack Obama's campaign headquarters during the 2012 summit.

Attorney Molly Armour, who represents Betterly, said jurors had showed they agreed prosecutors had been overzealous in characterizing the alleged crimes as terrorism.

"This is a line in the sand," she said. "The war on terror can't go this far."
http://www.suntimes.com/opinions/25451305-474/editorial-jurors-size-up-natos-3-stooges.html

Speaking to reporters outside court, Thomas Durkin, who represents Chase and is a well-known terrorism-case attorney in federal court, said the men were disappointed they didn't secure acquittals across the board. But he argued the outcome was still dramatic.

"This is a huge, huge victory," he said. "There aren't many cases the government … the state … hasn't won in this country." He said the charges illustrated what he called post-9/11 "hysteria."

Addressing the media shortly afterward, the Cook County state's attorney who brought the charges, was defiant. Anita Alverez raised her voice as she was asked if she accepted that her office had gone too far.

"Absolutely not!" she said. "I would bring these charges (again) tomorrow morning — with no apologies." Without explaining further, she also raised the specter of the Boston Marathon attacks last year, saying, "Have we forgot about Boston?"

The question of when a planned protest becomes conspiracy to commit terrorism was the focus of much of the trial, which was seen as a major test of whether states should more often take the lead in trying terrorist suspects. Nearly all terrorism cases are filed in federal court. Dozens of states passed terrorism laws after 9/11 in what were seen as largely symbolic gestures.

In his closing, lead prosecutor Jack Blakey called Betterly "Professor Molotov," Chase "Captain Napalm," and Church "Mr. Cop on Fire."

But Durkin in his closing ridiculed the notion the three were terrorists. Reaching into an exhibit box, Durkin lifted a slingshot that was among the items the activists brought to Chicago. Holding it up to jurors, he said mockingly, "A weapon of mass destruction. Tools of terrorism, for sure."

Defense attorneys say the officers posing as activists egged on the three, who were frequently too drunk or too high to take any meaningful steps planning attacks.

The activists were acquitted on all four terrorism charges in the case, including material support of terrorism and conspiracy to commit terrorism. Jurors also acquitted them of solicitation to commit arson.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-nato-three-terrorism-verdict-0209-20140209,0,3734270.story

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #556 on: June 10, 2014, 11:47:28 am »

Contrast that with...

Suspects Covered Officers’ Bodies With ‘Don’t Tread On Me’ Flags
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/06/09/police-two-officers-were-simply-having-lunch-before-getting-killed/
The attack at a CiCi’s Pizza restaurant Sunday killed Officers Alyn Beck, 41, and Igor Soldo, 31, who are both husbands and fathers. One of the shooters yelled, “This is a revolution,” but a motive remains under investigation, Las Vegas police spokesman Larry Hadfield told The Associated Press.

Authorities say the suspects, Jerad and Amanda Miller, draped “Don’t Tread On Me” flags on the bodies of the officers. The Gadsden flag has been an adopted symbol for the Tea Party.

The killers moved on to a nearby Walmart, where they shot and killed a concealed handgun permit holder who tried to intervene and proclaimed, "We're freedom fighters!" The terrifying episode finally ended when the Millers took their own lives as police closed in and opened fire.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/josh-horwitz/in-wake-of-las-vegas-kill_b_5478015.html

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #557 on: June 10, 2014, 01:55:43 pm »

These two miscreants were asked to leave the Cliven Bundy stand-off a few weeks ago because “they were too radical."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #558 on: June 10, 2014, 03:04:40 pm »

These two miscreants were asked to leave the Cliven Bundy stand-off a few weeks ago because “they were too radical."

I had read (and seen on the news as well) that they were asked to leave more specifically because the guy had a felony on his record of which he served time for last summer.  But yeah...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #559 on: July 01, 2014, 07:20:48 pm »

If there was any doubt as to the extent of "left wing" terrorists, look around the nets for the Megyn Kelly v. Bill Ayers interview. My gosh. 20,000 bombings in this country during the Vietnam era? That's a boat load of tea party-ish folks.  Roll Eyes

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/30/megyn-kelly-takes-bill-ayers-%E2%80%98you-sound-osama-bin-laden%E2%80%99

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #560 on: July 01, 2014, 09:23:50 pm »

If there was any doubt as to the extent of "left wing" terrorists, look around the nets for the Megyn Kelly v. Bill Ayers interview. My gosh. 20,000 bombings in this country during the Vietnam era? That's a boat load of tea party-ish folks.  Roll Eyes

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/06/30/megyn-kelly-takes-bill-ayers-%E2%80%98you-sound-osama-bin-laden%E2%80%99

Megyn Kelly is just another loser Ann Coulter...

And that title... Kelly "takes" Ayers?  You betcha....  as Sarah Palin would say.

Where did you get the 20,000?  That would be over 2,000 a year...6 a day?  Having lived through that, there were not 6 bombings a day in this country for a decade.  And I was listening.... Unless you are counting the bombings in the south where the Ku Klux Klan (Teabaggers) were having their little 'toga' parties!  The teabaggers of that day were the ones doing the bombings/burnings/lynchings. 

What we DID do as a nation, was to buy the whole set of lies that were fed to the public, just like the Iraq events, but ended up killing more than 10 times as many.  And even today, we have the new RWRE taking up the banner of Viet Nam and trying to re-write the history into some kind of 'noble adventure'.... Rush Limbaugh is one.

Quick comparison - the sum total of all the violent radicals (Weather Underground, etc) totaled probably under 100 people - and certainly under 200 nationwide.  How many teabaggers showed up at Bundy's ranch a couple months ago, heavily armed and trying to pick a violent event??  Not the anti-Viet Nam war approach...in fact, the protesters were in MUCH greater of violence being done unto them, than anyone having them do violence back.   John Lennon put the overwhelming - mainstream anti-war activist feelings - majority view into words;

But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao
You ain't going to make it with anyone anyhow....

And just in case anyone doesn't understand the message - it meant that violent revolution was not the way, and if you were supporter of the Mao approach to change, then you already missed the bus and the point.  And were outside looking in.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #561 on: July 01, 2014, 10:23:58 pm »

The 20K figure came from Ayers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZB9av2AHU[/youtube]

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #562 on: July 02, 2014, 08:57:05 am »

The 20K figure came from Ayers.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmZB9av2AHU[/youtube]

That's the problem with many different small sound byte clips - that wasn't in the one I listened to.  I don't believe it.  What I said still holds - lived through it - there were not 6 a day for years on end.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #563 on: August 07, 2014, 11:12:02 pm »

Not so much about terrorism, just a surprising take on this from Andrew W.K of all people.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/music/2014/08/ask_andrew_wk_right_wing_dad.php

Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #564 on: October 27, 2014, 06:50:23 pm »

Pennsylvania Uses Ohio's Spy Balloon For Manhunt

Pennsylvania State Police have borrowed a balloon from Ohio to use in the search for Eric Frein in Monroe County, a police spokesman said today.

The 15-foot diameter "blimp in a box" --  can be tethered 500 feet in the air with data cables transferring what the device collects back to the surface, according to the Columbus Dispatch newspaper.

Kelly said the Mylar device is very similar to a weather balloon, but can be used at a far cheaper price than a helicopter while gathering similar information and it makes no noise. It can cost less than $15 an hour to operate -- including helium for the balloon and fuel for its generator -- builder Drone Aviation Corp., which is based in Jacksonville, Florida, says on its website

Police would not address potential privacy concerns or how long the information gathered by the balloon would be stored.

The balloon's camera can see a person up to three miles away and groups of people up to five miles away, the Dispatch reported. It can remain airborne up to three days, the newspaper said.

The balloon, which is tethered to a trailer base, cost the Ohio department $180,000 the newspaper said.

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #565 on: October 28, 2014, 11:52:32 am »

Pennsylvania Uses Ohio's Spy Balloon For Manhunt

This one is more down to earth:

The FBI wrote a fake newspaper story and planted it on a fabricated Seattle Times website in order to infect a suspect’s computer with tracking software in 2007, according to federal documents.

Documents uncovered by the Electronic Frontier Foundation show that the bureau created a fake Associated Press story to plant on the phony website to target a teenager suspected of making bomb threats to a local high school.

The special agent in charge of the FBI’s Seattle division, Frank Montoya, said the action “had the goal of preventing a tragic event like what happened at Marysville and Seattle Pacific University,” referring to two recent shootings.

The documents about The Seattle Times incident were contained in a larger trove about the FBI’s use of malware, known as a Computer and Internet Protocol Address Verifier.

http://thehill.com/policy/technology/222048-fbi-made-fake-newspaper-website-to-trick-suspect

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #566 on: January 16, 2015, 07:04:52 pm »

The Justice Department on Wednesday issued a press release trumpeting its latest success in disrupting a domestic terrorism plot, announcing that “the Joint Terrorism Task Force has arrested a Cincinnati-area man for a plot to attack the U.S. Capitol and kill government officials.” The alleged would-be terrorist is 20-year-old Christopher Cornell, who is unemployed, lives at home, spends most of his time playing video games in his bedroom, still addresses his mother as “Mommy” and regards his cat as his best friend.

The known facts from this latest case seem to fit well within a now-familiar FBI pattern whereby the agency does not disrupt planned domestic terror attacks but rather creates them, then publicly praises itself for stopping its own plots.

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/01/16/latest-fbi-boast-disrupting-terror-u-s-plot-deserves-scrutiny-skepticism/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1dvjsBf7XM[/youtube]

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #567 on: January 16, 2015, 11:51:48 pm »

This is a thread about right wing terrorists. Stay focused patric

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #568 on: January 17, 2015, 02:48:33 pm »

The alleged would-be terrorist is 20-year-old Christopher Cornell, who is unemployed, lives at home, spends most of his time playing video games in his bedroom, still addresses his mother as “Mommy” and regards his cat as his best friend.

I know of a bunch of people who must be in deep cover. If this is the profile of the "new terrorist", we are screwed.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #569 on: January 18, 2015, 11:29:50 am »

I know of a bunch of people who must be in deep cover. If this is the profile of the "new terrorist", we are screwed.

Sounds like a piker of a terrorist.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org