A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:38:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327097 times)
Vashta Nerada
Philanthropist

« Reply #540 on: April 11, 2013, 06:33:44 pm »

No criminal charges will be filed against a police officer who shot and killed an unarmed, disabled Gulf War veteran who refused to get out of his car in December 2011, the district attorney in Las Vegas said Thursday.

Officer Jesus Arevalo opened fire with an assault-style rifle claiming that officers were under fire following a standoff with Stanley LaVon Gibson that lasted for more than an hour in an apartment complex parking lot.
In fact, what Arevalo heard was another officer firing a beanbag shotgun to break a side window of Gibson's vehicle, which was pinned between two police cruisers. Police had planned to inject pepper spray inside to force Gibson, to surrender.

"Mr. Gibson's death was especially tragic because there were so many missed opportunities to get him the help he so obviously needed," Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said in a statement accompanying his 21-page report
"The Nevada Supreme Court makes it perfectly clear that the mere perception of danger, as opposed to actual danger, is sufficient to warrant a killing in self-defense," he said.

"Unfortunately, the facts won't go away," the attorney said. "This isn't a self-defense case. There were civil rights violations. The only justice that's going to come is in the federal courthouse, when we bring witnesses to show what actually occurred."
http://nvcopblock.org/tag/las-vegas-police-protective-association

Gibson had served in the U.S. Army from June 1989 to June 1992 and had been honorably discharged. He was diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, which he kept at bay through medications. However, a failure by the local VA to schedule his medical appointments left him without medication the weeks before the shooting. The night Gibson was killed wrapped up a tumultuous weekend in which Gibson’s wife tried to get him help. At one point Metro officer’s had taken Gibson into custody, but he was released a short time later.

It was after this release, Gibson was trying to remember how to get to his new apartment, but he accidentally pulled into the wrong apartment  complex. He was on the phone with his wife getting directions, when he was confronted by police officers. Most likely Gibson saw the armed police as a threat, so he refused to exit his vehicle. An hour later, while Gibson say quietly in the front seat, Arevalo fired seven rounds into the back of his head with his AR-15.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 06:43:51 pm by Vashta Nerada » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #541 on: April 16, 2013, 01:40:44 pm »

Patriots' Day commemorates the opening shots of the American Revolution, at Concord and Lexington in 1775.
When it also falls on tax day...

There's nothing patriotic about killing innocent people at a sporting event,
and if it was attention they wanted, there was always social media.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #542 on: April 20, 2013, 08:22:02 am »

patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #543 on: July 06, 2013, 03:46:57 pm »

Prohibited acts??  That really sounds open ended....

So glad I never got caught shooting a gun in the street... I would really hate to be accused of 'prohibited acts'....  Does that require one to sign onto the sex offender registry??

An Okmulgee girl was struck and injured by a falling bullet Thursday  Probably traveled miles only to miss her head by inches:

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #544 on: July 06, 2013, 08:56:20 pm »

An Okmulgee girl was struck and injured by a falling bullet Thursday  Probably traveled miles only to miss her head by inches:

Heard about that....at LEAST assault with a deadly weapon - and as far as I am concerned, should be much more serious.  Is attempted murder a higher penalty?  I would go for the one that has the max for the maggot who did that!

Last I heard was they were gonna leave it be -  more damage to take it out...??  I got shot in the nose one time, and they left it in.  Worked its way out later, though.

And how bizarre is that - it could travel all that distance and get her at all.  5" in any direction and it could have been a drastically different story. 

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #545 on: July 21, 2013, 04:54:12 pm »

I love the "maliciously taunting a police animal" charge. That made me laugh since I routinely maliciously taunt my own dogs who routinely ignore me.

The charges that guy received were basically in lieu of "behaving stupidly in public and while police discharged their duties".

This stuff is too crazy to make up...

Antonio Morrison was barking up the wrong tree early Sunday morning.
The Florida linebacker was arrested and charged with barking at a police dog and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors, following a run-in with cops outside an after-hours club in Gainesville.

But at least the Gators sophomore has a good excuse: the dog barked at him first.
Cops were responding to a disturbance at the club when, according to the Orlando Sentinel, the 19-year-old linebacker walked up to police cruiser and barked at the police canine inside the car.

The dog, named Bear, barked back and cops had Morrison walk to the front of the car, where he "resisted" when police tried to put handcuffs on the 6-foot-1, 240-pound man to arrest him for interfering with a police canine. Morrison told police that the dog had barked at him first, which is why he responded with a “woof-woof” sound.

Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #546 on: July 21, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »

The Florida linebacker was arrested and charged with barking at a police dog and resisting arrest, both misdemeanors, following a run-in with cops outside an after-hours club in Gainesville.

But at least the Gators sophomore has a good excuse: the dog barked at him first.
Cops were responding to a disturbance at the club when, according to the Orlando Sentinel, the 19-year-old linebacker walked up to police cruiser and barked at the police canine inside the car.

The dog, named Bear, barked back and cops had Morrison walk to the front of the car, where he "resisted" when police tried to put handcuffs on the 6-foot-1, 240-pound man to arrest him for interfering with a police canine. Morrison told police that the dog had barked at him first, which is why he responded with a “woof-woof” sound.

Nah.  It's Florida.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #547 on: July 21, 2013, 08:19:53 pm »

Some police are pretty sensitive about disrespect. When I was in college, a suite mate of mine was stopped on his motorcycle because he had an American flag sewn upside down on his leather jacket and on the seat of his pants. He was ticketed for something and the officer told him to get the flags off his clothes or they would arrest him next time. He mouthed off about his right to free speech, gave them a middle finger and they arrested him for disrespecting a police officer. It was Easy Rider in real life.

Things don't change much do they?

onward...through the fog
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #548 on: July 21, 2013, 08:26:22 pm »

Nope

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #549 on: July 22, 2013, 07:51:01 am »

Some police are pretty sensitive about disrespect. When I was in college, a suite mate of mine was stopped on his motorcycle because he had an American flag sewn upside down on his leather jacket and on the seat of his pants. He was ticketed for something and the officer told him to get the flags off his clothes or they would arrest him next time. He mouthed off about his right to free speech, gave them a middle finger and they arrested him for disrespecting a police officer. It was Easy Rider in real life.

As I always like to say about free speech:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should"

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #550 on: July 22, 2013, 08:50:28 pm »

What America needs - especially now - is more free speech!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #551 on: July 24, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »

There's no excuse for Barney Fife.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #552 on: July 25, 2013, 10:29:36 am »

So if you're afraid to exercise your free speech right, do you actually have it?

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #553 on: July 25, 2013, 12:38:24 pm »

So if you're afraid to exercise your free speech right, do you actually have it?

Oyez!  Oyez,  Post of the day!

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #554 on: July 25, 2013, 01:08:47 pm »

Oh, you extreme leftist you....putting out these incendiary comments like that....!!
I love it!!

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org