A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:22:37 am
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 328893 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #510 on: March 30, 2013, 09:16:28 pm »

Heiry, how do you stop this?
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFv2oNRWYM&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Make the stakes of penalty very high for those who might straw purchase.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #511 on: March 31, 2013, 10:51:53 am »

Moving forward on the same subject, it appears the growing hate movement, er patriot movement, will continue to escalate until all our leaders focus the nation on domestic terrorism. If the right wingnuts don't come forward with outrage, they are endorsing this growing movement of hate in Amerika. Shame on their leaders, funders, and broadcasters for their silence!

These terrorists have a lot of balls going after top officials. Al Queda did not even attempt that.
Law Enforcement Officials Gunned Down In Possible White Supremacist Plot
By Aviva Shen on Mar 31, 2013 at 10:45 am
A Texas district attorney and his wife were shot to death in their home just outside Dallas last night, the latest instance in a recent spate of suspicious shootings of law enforcement officials. The deaths of Mike and Cynthia McLelland follow the shooting of a Kaufman County assistant district attorney in January, which stoked suspicions of a conspiracy to target law enforcement officials by a white supremacist group.
The assistant district attorney was killed on the same day the Justice Department released a statement noting the Kaufman County district attorney’s involvement in a racketeering case against the Aryan Brotherhood, a white supremacist group based in Texas. The FBI had also begun investigating links between the Texas slaying and last week’s shooting of Colorado police chief Tom Clemons by a member of another white supremacist group.
The news of McLelland’s death broke shortly before the Sunday morning news shows. CNN’s State of the Union host Candy Crowley asked Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) if there was anything he thought could be done to protect law enforcement officials from the recent spate of violence. Graham said he would support measures within the “local community” to protect law enforcement, but stopped short of endorsing any federal action:
CROWLEY: Just off the top, let me ask you, when we see the death of the head of a prison official, two deaths of a D.A. and an assistant D.A. This is a dangerous business, i know prosecuting bad guys, incarcerating bad guys. do you think we need to look at the protection of these people?
GRAHAM: Well, anything that would make our law enforcement officers safer. Obviously yes, anything the local community can do to make life safer for those who carry out the law on our behalf, count me in. There’s clearly some kind of criminal vendetta against people who enforce the law.
As a possible conspiracy seems more and more likely, the FBI and ATF have gotten involved in the cases to bolster local investigations, which do not have access to the same resources as federal forces. Crowley then turned the discussion to the Senate’s gun violence prevention package, which Graham said would not pass as long as universal background checks on private gun sales were still included. Currently, criminals are able to evade background checks to purchase firearms at gun shows or from unlicensed dealers.
Sen. Dick Blumenthal (D-CT), a former U.S. attorney, noted that because prosecutors and other law enforcement “face this kind of horror every day,” they strongly support measures curbing illegal gun trafficking and straw purchases like the one that may have enabled the murder of the Colorado police chief. included in the Senate’s plan. Thus far in 2013, 12 law enforcement officers have been killed by gunfire.
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/03/31/1800201/law-enforcement-officials-gunned-down-in-possible-white-supremacist-plot/

It's cowardly of the right wing to ignore their own murderers.....
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #512 on: March 31, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »

'CNN’s State of the Union host Candy Crowley asked Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC) if there was anything he thought could be done to protect law enforcement officials from the recent spate of violence. Graham said he would support measures within the “local community” to protect law enforcement, but stopped short of endorsing any federal action:
CROWLEY: Just off the top, let me ask you, when we see the death of the head of a prison official, two deaths of a D.A. and an assistant D.A. This is a dangerous business, i know prosecuting bad guys, incarcerating bad guys. do you think we need to look at the protection of these people?
GRAHAM: Well, anything that would make our law enforcement officers safer. Obviously yes, anything the local community can do to make life safer for those who carry out the law on our behalf, count me in. There’s clearly some kind of criminal vendetta against people who enforce the law.' 

The response has historically been escalations in force against the public:

Last year, as the number of police shootings soared, Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck repeatedly gave his bosses and the public an explanation: Officers were discharging their weapons more because they were coming under attack more. He bolstered his assertion with LAPD statistics that showed an increase in the number of assaults on officers.

But an independent LAPD watchdog now contends there was no link between the dramatic rise in officer-involved shootings and assaults on officers.

Alex Bustamante, the inspector general for the Los Angeles Police Commission, which oversees the LAPD, scrutinized the 2011 assault and shooting figures. In the report, he challenged the way the LAPD tallies assaults on officers, suggesting it is misleading.

Los Angeles police fired their weapons in 63 incidents last year, a total which marked a roughly 50% increase over the shootings in any of the previous four years, according to the report. Beck has explained the increase by pointing to what the LAPD said was a 22% increase in assaults on officers from 2010 to 2011. Police officials counted 193 such incidents in 2011, which were recorded as assaults with a deadly weapon or attempted murders, according to the report.

"Officer involved shootings are also up — largely in response to these kind of attacks," Beck told the Police Commission in November.

But the inspector general found several reasons why he said this cause-and-effect relationship wasn't accurate. For one, from 2007 to last year, the number of assaults on officers fluctuated dramatically from one year to the next. The number of officer-involved shootings, however, remained relatively flat until last year, when they jumped. If there had been a connection between the two, the year-to-year totals should have climbed and dropped in sync, according to the report.

The way the department tracks shootings and assaults on officers also muddied matters, Bustamante found. Attacks on officers are tallied based on the number of officers present when assaults occur. By contrast, the department counts an officer-involved shooting as a single event regardless of how many officers open fire. In an incident in April 2011, for example, in which a suspect shot at police from inside a house, the LAPD counted 16 assaults on officers and one officer-involved shooting, despite the fact that 15 officers fired their weapons.

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/02/local/la-me-lapd-shootings-assaults-20120702

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #513 on: March 31, 2013, 02:50:55 pm »

When does criminal behavior become terrorism?  Remember that terrorism is defined as violence or intimidation as a means to accomplish a political end.  In this story from Texas, Kaufmann County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife Cynthia, and County Assistant DA Mark Hasse may have been killed in retribution for taking legal actions against the Aryan Brotherhood.  The story says the Brotherhood is a white supremacist gang and makes no mention of their politics, though that seems pretty obvious.

No one has been identified as being responsible for these murders.  I think this is more an act of terrorism rather than mere criminality, and if those responsible are identified and charged, they should face federal charges.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57577167/official-kaufman-county-district-attorney-mike-mclelland-and-his-wife-cynthia-were-targeted-in-killing/

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #514 on: March 31, 2013, 06:08:42 pm »

When does criminal behavior become terrorism?  Remember that terrorism is defined as violence or intimidation as a means to accomplish a political end.  In this story from Texas, Kaufmann County District Attorney Mike McLelland, his wife Cynthia, and County Assistant DA Mark Hasse may have been killed in retribution for taking legal actions against the Aryan Brotherhood.  The story says the Brotherhood is a white supremacist gang and makes no mention of their politics, though that seems pretty obvious.

No one has been identified as being responsible for these murders.  I think this is more an act of terrorism rather than mere criminality, and if those responsible are identified and charged, they should face federal charges.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57577167/official-kaufman-county-district-attorney-mike-mclelland-and-his-wife-cynthia-were-targeted-in-killing/

Sounds like a professional mob hit.  Now, if they were looking to incite terror, then I get you.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #515 on: March 31, 2013, 06:12:39 pm »

Sounds like a professional mob hit.  Now, if they were looking to incite terror, then I get you.

Yet it's odd that two public officials in the same department would be murdered in close succession.  That doesn't mean their murders are connected, of course, and the news article doesn't link anyone to the crimes.  It will be interesting to see where this leads.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #516 on: March 31, 2013, 08:44:57 pm »

Would that be a RICO thing, then?  Does the Fed try to tie RICO to "Terrorism"?

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #517 on: April 01, 2013, 09:57:42 am »

Moving forward on the same subject, it appears the growing hate movement, er patriot movement, will continue to escalate until all our leaders focus the nation on domestic terrorism. If the right wingnuts don't come forward with outrage, they are endorsing this growing movement of hate in Amerika. Shame on their leaders, funders, and broadcasters for their silence!

These terrorists have a lot of balls going after top officials. Al Queda did not even attempt that.

It's cowardly of the right wing to ignore their own murderers.....

By your logic then, President Obama supports and endorses school massacres because he refuses to order armed guards at all public schools across America.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #518 on: April 01, 2013, 12:13:13 pm »

By your logic then, President Obama supports and endorses school massacres because he refuses to order armed guards at all public schools across America.

So, you haven't noticed the leader of the free world constantly speaking out for limiting access to assault weapons and also tightening up loopholes in registration with background checks?

You must be deaf.

Listen, all I am saying is speak out. Make citizens aware of the terror that surrounds them. For the righties to just do nothing speaks volumes of their hatefulness and their own fear. Fear makes you weak. These extremists know that. Every time a serious study is published warning of the danger from domestic right wing extremist groups, the Republicans go ballistic. Many people can't call White Supremacists terrorists because it hits too close to home.

The "criminal vendetta" that Sen. Lindsey Graham spoke of appears to cross state lines and involve domestic terrorists. To confine law enforcement to deal with a now recognized domestic terrorist threat on a local basis from a multi-state criminal organization without due federal assistance is nothing short of offering a backhanded endorsement , support and continuation of that organization. Lady Graham, stoking the fire. Furthermore, he is doing what many right wing conspiracy theorists accuse the government of, passively and actively subverting those who disagree. This has become a federal matter, and if you don't like that Senaturd, resign from your paid position in that federal government and spare us your further hypocrisy, as you are now by your words, endangering the vast majority of the citizenry who try to follow the common sense laws of decency that deplore cartel-like terrorist organizations like the AB. It is a Federal issue and you can expect Holder to fill Reno's shoes and create one heck of a Waco type revisitation.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #519 on: April 01, 2013, 02:04:20 pm »

So, you haven't noticed the leader of the free world constantly speaking out for limiting access to assault weapons and also tightening up loopholes in registration with background checks?

You must be deaf.

Listen, all I am saying is speak out. Make citizens aware of the terror that surrounds them. For the righties to just do nothing speaks volumes of their hatefulness and their own fear. Fear makes you weak. These extremists know that. Every time a serious study is published warning of the danger from domestic right wing extremist groups, the Republicans go ballistic. Many people can't call White Supremacists terrorists because it hits too close to home.

The "criminal vendetta" that Sen. Lindsey Graham spoke of appears to cross state lines and involve domestic terrorists. To confine law enforcement to deal with a now recognized domestic terrorist threat on a local basis from a multi-state criminal organization without due federal assistance is nothing short of offering a backhanded endorsement , support and continuation of that organization. Lady Graham, stoking the fire. Furthermore, he is doing what many right wing conspiracy theorists accuse the government of, passively and actively subverting those who disagree. This has become a federal matter, and if you don't like that Senaturd, resign from your paid position in that federal government and spare us your further hypocrisy, as you are now by your words, endangering the vast majority of the citizenry who try to follow the common sense laws of decency that deplore cartel-like terrorist organizations like the AB. It is a Federal issue and you can expect Holder to fill Reno's shoes and create one heck of a Waco type revisitation.

New restrictions on firearms and registrations still doesn't protect children from guns which are already out there though.  Thanks to all the rhetoric regarding nonsense gun bans since Sandy Hook, weapons and ammo have been snapped up quicker than they can be produced.  President Obama in his typical Inspector Clouseau fashion has managed to get more weapons into circulation instead of the other way around.

I was a little taken aback this morning when I heard a reporter say on the radio: "Do we need more security for those in law enforcement?"  Really?? How about stepping up security for the kids with law enforcers first.

And finally what makes white supremacist or separatist groups "far right wing"?  Someone mind explaining that? There's nothing about those folk which resembles the Christian right nor rank and file Republicans I associate with or would associate with.  If anything, they seem to me to be anarchists and they don't have a seat at the table with the RNC.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #520 on: April 01, 2013, 02:13:21 pm »

New restrictions on firearms and registrations still doesn't protect children from guns which are already out there though.  Thanks to all the rhetoric regarding nonsense gun bans since Sandy Hook, weapons and ammo have been snapped up quicker than they can be produced.  President Obama in his typical Inspector Clouseau fashion has managed to get more weapons into circulation instead of the other way around. Off the subject.

I was a little taken aback this morning when I heard a reporter say on the radio: "Do we need more security for those in law enforcement?"  Really?? How about stepping up security for the kids with law enforcers first. False equivalency

And finally what makes white supremacist or separatist groups "far right wing"?  Someone mind explaining that? There's nothing about those folk which resembles the Christian right nor rank and file Republicans I associate with or would associate with.  If anything, they seem to me to be anarchists and they don't have a seat at the table with the RNC.

"Finally?" Promise? You are tone deaf, Coco. These haters are right wing extreme and they are terrorists. You can't run from that. BTW, I think the extreme right political portion of the GOP is a bunch of anarchists and not only do they sit at the GOP table, they dictate to the GOP through fear of removal from office.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #521 on: April 01, 2013, 02:20:22 pm »

I see, you can't tell me what makes them "right wing". M'kay.

I don't have to run from anything, I don't associate with haters.

I will agree on one point that targeting pubic officials could be considered terrorism if there is a concerted effort underlying the three killed in Kauffman and the prison official killed in Colorado a couple of weeks ago.

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #522 on: April 01, 2013, 02:42:54 pm »

I see, you can't tell me what makes them "right wing". M'kay.

I don't have to run from anything, I don't associate with haters.

I will agree on one point that targeting pubic officials could be considered terrorism if there is a concerted effort underlying the three killed in Kauffman and the prison official killed in Colorado a couple of weeks ago.

If? Can you read?

You'd run from the Black Panthers if they were engaged in this terror. And you'd call them lefties...you would not call them anarchists.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:33:47 pm by Conan71 » Logged
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #523 on: April 01, 2013, 03:12:37 pm »

Heiry, how do you stop this?

Are you kidding?  You answer your own question...you can't!  You CAN make the penalties so bad if caught that most rational people would not do it.  Maybe mandatory 20 years in prison no parole?  And lifetime loss of FFL.  (Kind of like what I have advocated for DUI for so long.)  Instead we are concerned and work hard at imposing on law abiding citizens rather than do the hard job of making the laws work.  That guy knew it was illegal, but there isn't that much of a consequence....maybe a fine, a few months in jail at most.  Lose his license until he "repents". 

Instead we put young mothers in prison for 15 years for possession of $20 worth of grass....  It's all about the perspective, and we as a society have none.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #524 on: April 01, 2013, 03:24:01 pm »

In the days of westward expansion, if this were happening in a town the Feds would have sent Marshals and the Calvary in by now....
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org