A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:06:12 am
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 328890 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #375 on: June 05, 2012, 09:35:53 am »

Cox is in custody and on trial, he is a member of the Sovereign Citizen Movement and not the GOP.  Weapons charges and conspiracies.  Other than that, I see no mention of property damage or harm to other individuals.

Now why is it again GOP leaders and the church should apologize for a lone nut bag who didn’t even support Miller in his 2010 bid for the Senate?

You are slipping...

Meanwhile Ayers participated in bombing the NYPD police HQ, The Pentagon, and The U.S. Capitol Building.  Not to mention his cohorts who were killed building bombs ostensibly at his behest.  Ayers walks free and no one in the Democrat Party has ever sought to distance themselves from him. 

a 25 page thread and you pick out just a single nutbag from the thread....there's a pattern here and you are too blind to see. Ayers is ancient history.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #376 on: June 06, 2012, 02:24:06 pm »

Cox is in custody and on trial, he is a member of the Sovereign Citizen Movement and not the GOP.  Weapons charges and conspiracies.  Other than that, I see no mention of property damage or harm to other individuals.

Now why is it again GOP leaders and the church should apologize for a lone nut bag who didn’t even support Miller in his 2010 bid for the Senate?

You are slipping...

Meanwhile Ayers participated in bombing the NYPD police HQ, The Pentagon, and The U.S. Capitol Building.  Not to mention his cohorts who were killed building bombs ostensibly at his behest.  Ayers walks free and no one in the Democrat Party has ever sought to distance themselves from him. 

He's part of an expanding network....you keep lying to yourself. Ayers? He's real threatening.... Roll Eyes

RMoney is assembling his flock and you have no idea what's in store. They won't prioritize rounding up right wing terrorists....bet on it.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2012, 01:03:48 pm »

Now here's an interesting change up!
Meet the Former Christian Neo-Fundamentalist That Gave Up the "Culture War" in Favor of "Civil Dialogue"
BILL BERKOWITZ FOR BUZZFLASH AT TRUTHOUT

Colonel V. Doner begins his new book "Christian Jihad: Neo-Fundamentalists and the Polarization of America," with a startling school-boy confession: "In November 1963, as the public address system at a high school in Orange County, California, solemnly announced the assassination of President john F. Kennedy, a fifteen-year-old boy shot from his seat, stunning his classmates with his spontaneous outburst that JFK was not assassinated, ‘He was executed for treason,' he claimed, referring to his ‘soft on communism' policies. This youngster, already well trained in a Christian worldview that allowed for no gray areas or nuances in diplomacy, knew one thing: JFK was a liberal, and liberals were clearly betraying God, America, and all of Western civilization."

That youngster, Colonel V. Doner ("Colonel" is his name, not a military rank), had fired his first open shot across the bow.

Doner, who describes himself as once being a "rock star" of the Christian Right, and who was a frequent spokesperson for the movement on numerous "talking head" programs, has given up the "culture wars" and now wants you to know that he believes in pluralism, and wants to promote "civil dialogue."

Clearly, Doner has come a long way: Early in his career, he was mentored by the "firebrand Rev. Billy James Hargis, scholarly Dr. David Noebel, and the eloquent Dr. Stuart McBirnie," all of who were key players in the Christian anticommunist movement.

After a few years in those trenches, Doner became a prominent leader of the nascent Christian Right. Although not nearly as well known a figure in the conservative movement as Paul Weyrich, Richard Viguerie, the Rev. Jerry Falwell, or Pat Robertson, Doner nevertheless played a significant role in getting the fundamentalist Christian Right off the ground in the 1970s and 80s.

He was a founding member of Christian Voice and, according to his bio, is credited with creating the first "Report Card" informing voters how their Congressman was voting. He stood with Ronald Reagan from his first campaign for Governor of California right through to his presidential re-election campaign in 1984.

"From 1966 to 1996," Doner writes, "I was a neo-fundamentalist strategist, spokesman, apologist, and author - an insider in the deepest sense."

In the 1990s, Doner "helped to awaken the political consciousness of Pentecostals and Charismatics that birthed political leaders like Sarah Palin. Donor also takes credit for being part of "an elite team that introduced Peter Wagner [a major force in the creation of the New Apostolic Reformation], the leader of Sarah Palin's scary brand of ‘spiritual warfare' theology, to the theocratic concept of ‘godly dominion."

And, as if all this isn't enough of a resume, Doner points out that in the early years of this century, he had "evolved as a leader of the small but influential group of hard-line theocrats called Reconstructionists [a movement founded by the late Rousas J. Rushdoony], who even now continue to provide the blueprint for Palin's Fundamentalist-Pentecostal-Christian Right axis."

As you can tell from his labeling Sarah Palin's religious beliefs a "scary brand of ‘spiritual warfare' theology," Doner has changed his tune.

His epiphany came and while preparing a ten-year-in-the-making work called, "The Late Great Evangelical Church," a study aimed at "critiquing the evolution of Evangelical orthodoxy." He writes that he began to ask himself, "a basic question: just how was it that we were privy to God's objective truth and everybody else was so pitifully subjective or just plain wrong?"

As Doner writes, "My world was rocked. I had my answer. There's no such thing as absolute objectivity on our part. That is why there is precious little agreement, even in neo-fundamentalist circles, on many points, let alone in wider Evangelical circles."

The terrorist attacks in New York and Washington, D.C. on September 11, was his final turning point. He, "realized that the main difference between ‘our people' and ‘their people' (Islamic fundamentalists) was that ours (with the notable exception of bombing abortion clinics and assassinating doctors) had not (yet) resorted to violence."

Doner also came to realize that his set of so-called objective truths, "was nothing more than illusion," and that he needed to, "grant others the benefit of the doubt." He began "striving for confidence rather than certainty, of embracing pluralism, and last but not least, following Jesus in loving people rather than condemning them."

The new Doner was "born again, this time as a post-conservative, post-fundamentalist, postmodern Christian."

Doner takes on some huge issues in his book - including focusing on Sarah Palin's "rise to power" and how "she really has come to symbolize everything Christian neo-fundamentalism stands for - as he searches for a way to "begin a civil dialogue, both locally and nationally, that can lead us to a mutual understanding, if not reconciliation."

To one degree or another, whether it's leftist David Horowitz becoming a hard-line, right winger, or conservative David Brock becoming a right-wing, media watchdog for the progressive movement, we are often fascinated by stories about people going through major life changes, especially in their religion and/or politics.

So what are we to make of the "new" Colonel V. Doner? Is he trying to capitalize on his past and sell books? Do we accept that he has undergone a profound change of heart after more than sixty years on the planet, and nearly forty years of being ensconced in the conservative Christian movement? Is he truly concerned about polarization in the country?

Two additional questions: In the book, Doner creates a troubling equivalency between the fundamentalists on the Religious Right and what he calls secular fundamentalists. Does he really believe that both sides are suffering from the same delusional syndrome? Finally, How can Doner think that a "civil dialogue" is possible with folks that, as he reports, are so far off the charts?

Were it not for such repulsion with having a Black man run our country, this might be revolutionary....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2012, 01:33:55 pm »

What a load of claptrap that piece is.

Palin has power?  Since when?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »

What a load of claptrap that piece is.

Palin has power?  Since when?

I hear she has to run off of a portable generator.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #380 on: July 20, 2012, 07:39:47 am »

I know I'm speculating far too far ahead but I'll bet you this guy wanted to become a right wing hero like Zimmermann and Breivik, inspired by Limbaugh. At least I'll be surprised if that's not the case. Glad they caught him alive.

http://www.wafb.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #381 on: July 20, 2012, 08:19:14 am »

I know I'm speculating far too far ahead...

You know nothing but feel compelled to bloviate anyway.

Power is nothing till you use it.
dbacks fan
« Reply #382 on: July 20, 2012, 08:45:30 am »

I know I'm speculating far too far ahead but I'll bet you this guy wanted to become a right wing hero like Zimmermann and Breivik, inspired by Limbaugh. At least I'll be surprised if that's not the case. Glad they caught him alive.

http://www.wafb.com/story/19071381/gunman-opens-fire-on-packed-theater

BULLSH!T!!!!! You're just a biased biggoted flaming bag of crap throwing troll.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 08:58:36 am by dbacks fan » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #383 on: July 20, 2012, 09:22:08 am »

Yeah, but he's our biased biggoted flaming bag of crap throwing troll.  Cheesy

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #384 on: July 20, 2012, 10:11:44 am »

Turns out he is a medical school dropout. What is happening in Colorado anyway? Columbine, then this? I thought the state was pretty laid back. Aurora is like Broken Arrow. Is it a suburban thing?

onward...through the fog
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #385 on: July 20, 2012, 11:10:45 am »

Well that didn't take long.  ABC immediatly came out with a report claiming the gunman was a TeaParty member.  They are now making a quiet retraction.

ABC News and Brian Ross are apologizing for an "incorrect" report that James Holmes, the suspect in the Colorado theater shooting, may have had connections to the Tea Party.

"An earlier ABC News broadcast report suggested that a Jim Holmes of a Colorado Tea Party organization might be the suspect, but that report was incorrect," ABC News said in a statement. "ABC News and Brian Ross apologize for the mistake, and for disseminating that information before it was properly vetted."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/07/abc-news-tea-party-connection-incorrect-129588.html

I bet it's less than a day now until others adopt this tragedy for political gains.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #386 on: July 20, 2012, 11:20:11 am »

Why in the hell would anyone immediately start looking at political connections?  There are 12 dead people at the hands of a lone nut job...JFC!

ABC's apology comes after Ross reported this morning that there is "a Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado, page on the Colorado Tea party site... talking about him joining the Tea Party last year."

"Now, we don't know if this is the same Jim Holmes," Ross cautioned "but it's Jim Holmes of Aurora, Colorado."

ABC News is the only network or cable news channel to suggest a possible Tea Party connection, which Ross based off a single Tea Party Patriots webpage that has the name "Jim Holmes."

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #387 on: July 20, 2012, 11:21:45 am »

Gas, it won't take that long I'm sure.

Not to defend the press, but I heard that remark shortly after the story broke. The reporter said that they had done some preliminary name searches and on Facebook found the name "Jim" Holmes with a reference to Tea Party membership. He carefully pointed out that they had no idea if it was the same Holmes. The suggestion was pretty weak and I doubt anyone but those with political aims thought otherwise. Everyone wants to put some sort of reason or logic to crazy crimes like this. Back in my day it was always the Black Panthers or hippies.

As a guy with a pretty common name, (one year there were 144 phone book entries with my name) its not surprising.

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #388 on: July 20, 2012, 04:45:17 pm »

Everyone wants to put some sort of reason or logic to crazy crimes like this. Back in my day it was always the Black Panthers or hippies.

I'm not talking about last night's incident, but certainly in the recent past gunmen have shot and killed others and claimed that the reason they did so was to stop the "liberals." Specifically I recall the incident in the Tennessee church a couple of years ago and the guy that shot and killed the head of the Arkansas Democratic Party a couple of months later. And I also seem to recall some guy in California who was prevented from going on a shooting rampage.

I can't say that "right wing" violence is more common than "left wing" violence (scare quotes because obviously not all wingers are murderers), but it definitely happens.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2012, 10:52:31 am »

A building superintendent at an apartment complex just off the Rutgers University campus called the New Brunswick Police 911 line in June 2009. He said his staff had been conducting a routine inspection and came across something suspicious.

In its "Eight Signs of Terrorism," New York authorities have encouraged people to call 911 if they see evidence of surveillance, information gathering, suspicious activities or anything that looks out of place.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICOKHFDz2Xg[/youtube]

The caller, Salil Sheth, had stumbled upon one of the NYPD's biggest secrets: a safe house, a place where undercover officers working well outside the department's jurisdiction could lie low and coordinate surveillance. 

The NYPD kept files on innocent sermons, recorded the names of political organizers in police documents and built databases of where Muslims lived and shopped, even where they were likely to gather to watch sports. Out-of-state operations, like the one in New Brunswick, were one aspect of this larger intelligence-gathering effort. The Associated Press previously described the discovery of the NYPD inside the New Jersey apartment, but police now have released the tape of the 911 call and other materials after a legal fight.

The AP requested a copy of the 911 tape last year. Under pressure from the NYPD, the New Brunswick Police Department refused. After the AP sued, the city this week turned over the tape and emails that described the NYPD's efforts to keep the recording a secret.

The emails highlight the sometimes convoluted arguments the NYPD has used to justify its out-of-state activities, which have been criticized by New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and some members of Congress. The NYPD has infiltrated and photographed businesses and mosques in New Jersey, monitored the Internet postings of college students across the Northeast and traveled as far away as New Orleans to infiltrate and build files on liberal advocacy groups.

In February, NYPD's deputy commissioner for legal matters, Andrew Schaffer, told reporters that detectives can operate outside New York because they aren't conducting official police duties.
New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg has defended the police department's right to go anywhere in the country in search of terrorists without telling local police. And New Jersey Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa has said he's seen no evidence that the NYPD's efforts violated his state's laws.
Civil rights lawyers have asked a federal judge to decide whether the spying violates federal rules that were set up to prevent a repeat of NYPD abuses of the 1950s, when police Red Squads spied on student groups and activists in search of communists.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org