A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:39:44 am
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327085 times)
erfalf
City Father

« Reply #360 on: May 31, 2012, 04:06:45 pm »

There are some who don’t see Plan B or morning after as contraception but rather inducement of an abortion. 

From what I understand, the so called "morning after pill" will not stop a pregnancy after fertilization has occured. It will only limit the possibility of fertilization, which is why it must be used within so many hours. Even I would say it was a stretch to call it a abortion type drug.

Now, I really have no clue if there is such a thing as an abortion pill. If so, I've never heard of it.

"Trust but Verify." - The Gipper
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #361 on: May 31, 2012, 04:10:40 pm »

The story did say they couldn’t even administer a rape kit at this facility.

Wonder who's making decisions on that funding.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #362 on: May 31, 2012, 04:16:19 pm »

Now, I really have no clue if there is such a thing as an abortion pill. If so, I've never heard of it.

There is, it's called RU-486. It's only useful for the first 2 or 3 months, I believe, but it's much safer than a surgical abortion. Basically, it induces a miscarriage. As far as I'm aware, all states in the US require it only be used in an inpatient setting. Also, Plan B can prevent implantation after fertilization. It does not, however, do anything at all if the zygote has already implanted in the uterine lining.

Conan, no, I'm not saying only pro-choice doctors should be allowed to practice. I am saying that if they choose to put themselves in a position where they are the only physician on duty at an ER, for example, they should not be allowed to deny care. They can choose to only practice non-emergency medicine, for example. You might note that this wasn't really a problem until a few years ago. What did doctors previously do?

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #363 on: May 31, 2012, 07:00:39 pm »

If you're a quaker, don't become a cop. If you believe that contraception is morally wrong, don't put yourself in a position to have to dispense/prescribe it.

If you can't afford your own contraceptives, don't work in a Catholic hospital or go to a Catholic college.

It's pretty simple.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #364 on: May 31, 2012, 07:05:42 pm »

One more thing to consider is if it’s like a minor emergency center on weekends with one or two GPs manning it, that’s probably not the first place to go if you have been raped.  I have no idea what the staffing situation is like there since I’ve never been in.  It’s easy for us all to make a lot of suppositions without having been there or talking to the physician in charge.  Who knows, she may well have said she couldn’t prescribe such a thing and the implication became that she “wouldn’t”. 

I would hope the hospital or clinic in this story will conduct a thorough review of how the patient was handled, and take a look at how well that doctor’s behavior fits their standards.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #365 on: May 31, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »

If you can't afford your own contraceptives, don't work in a Catholic hospital or go to a Catholic college.

I'm not really sure what one has to do with the other, but thanks for playing!

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #366 on: May 31, 2012, 07:27:13 pm »

I'm not really sure what one has to do with the other, but thanks for playing!

Really?  Selective comprehension that much?  Give it another try. Thanks for feigning ignorance.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #367 on: May 31, 2012, 07:40:35 pm »

Really?  Selective comprehension that much?  Give it another try. Thanks for feigning ignorance.

Why don't you try explaining it slowly enough that I can understand? I have a suspicion as to what you could have meant to communicate, but it seems nonsensical enough that I doubt that my interpretation is correct.

After all, one is about a medical professional refusing to do their job, while the other is about certain organizations choosing to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Not really analogous, as best I can tell.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2012, 08:01:46 pm »

Why don't you try explaining it slowly enough that I can understand? I have a suspicion as to what you could have meant to communicate, but it seems nonsensical enough that I doubt that my interpretation is correct.

After all, one is about a medical professional refusing to do their job, while the other is about certain organizations choosing to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Not really analogous, as best I can tell.

OK, I'll type slowly for you.

One is about an employee being required to supply a service against their moral convictions.  You said don't work there.
The other is about the employer/health provider being required to supply a service against their moral convictions.  I said don't work/go to school there.

I believe the comparison is valid.

Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #369 on: June 04, 2012, 11:45:25 pm »

Another WOW but not so surprised....are these the crowd RMoney is trying to cater to?
Palin Pallin’ Around With Terrorists
http://www.alan.com/2012/06/03/palin-pallin-around-with-terrorists/

According to sworn testimony Thursday during federal court proceedings in Alaska, two close associates of former Governor Sarah Palin — Joe Miller, a staunch political ally of Palin’s whom she supported in his failed bid for the U.S. Senate; and Palin’s former director of boards and commissions Frank Bailey, more commonly known in Alaska as Palin’s “hatchet man” — were responsible for introducing FBI Informant William “Drop Zone” Fulton to Schaeffer Cox, the leader of the so-called Alaska Peacekeeper Militia.

Cox and two other Fairbanks-based militiamen have been charged with conspiring to kidnap and murder Alaska judges and law enforcement authorities. They have also been charged with violating various federal weapons laws for owning or attempting to purchase machine guns, silencers, hand grenades and other combat-type weapons.

Amazing how the GOP welcomes Nutbags....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #370 on: June 05, 2012, 08:19:04 am »

Another WOW but not so surprised....are these the crowd RMoney is trying to cater to?
Amazing how the GOP welcomes Nutbags....

Ayers *cough* Dohrn *cough*

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #371 on: June 05, 2012, 08:39:15 am »

Ayers *cough* Dohrn *cough*

lameout
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #372 on: June 05, 2012, 08:43:33 am »

lameout

Care to explain how these militia men differ from the Weather Underground terrorists?

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #373 on: June 05, 2012, 08:59:26 am »

Care to explain how these militia men differ from the Weather Underground terrorists?

Another false equivalency thrown down by Mista Conan....

One big diff is 45 years.... these killers are roaming around without any condemnation from the church or the head of the political party they align themselves with. The Weathermen were independent and were put to rest after a year.

These terrorists are evolving ....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #374 on: June 05, 2012, 09:21:50 am »

Another false equivalency thrown down by Mista Conan....

One big diff is 45 years.... these killers are roaming around without any condemnation from the church or the head of the political party they align themselves with. The Weathermen were independent and were put to rest after a year.

These terrorists are evolving ....

Cox is in custody and on trial, he is a member of the Sovereign Citizen Movement and not the GOP.  Weapons charges and conspiracies.  Other than that, I see no mention of property damage or harm to other individuals.

Now why is it again GOP leaders and the church should apologize for a lone nut bag who didn’t even support Miller in his 2010 bid for the Senate?

You are slipping...

Meanwhile Ayers participated in bombing the NYPD police HQ, The Pentagon, and The U.S. Capitol Building.  Not to mention his cohorts who were killed building bombs ostensibly at his behest.  Ayers walks free and no one in the Democrat Party has ever sought to distance themselves from him. 

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org