A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:50:39 am
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327000 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #315 on: August 04, 2011, 05:23:45 am »

Cooking isn't all that hard.  Basically Science on an edible level.  The art is in the presentation.  For the science your takinbg one or more items then adding heat or cold to achieve a different compound. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #316 on: August 04, 2011, 06:26:32 am »

Cooking isn't all that hard.  Basically Science on an edible level.  The art is in the presentation.  For the science your takinbg one or more items then adding heat or cold to achieve a different compound. 

Uhhhhh...Thank You....Mrs.Brown.....

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #317 on: August 04, 2011, 06:39:53 am »

Dude, are you serious?  You're an artist.  Cooking is way easier.  My horribly drawn stick figures can attest to this.

You ever decide your work sucks and you start over?  

Not really.  

Nothing is more natural and easier for me than art, except perhaps breathing.  Its like your saying "You ever decide your breathing sucks and you start over?  Wink   Your horribly drawn stick figure is my Mac-n-cheese lol.

And to slide even further off topic.  Here is the painting I finished just this week. I had created the design for the chalkfest and decided to do an actual painting with it.  The original is 5 feet x 7 feet (and does not have the watermark).  I am going to try and make cards printed from it to sell.  It looks knockout on the wall in my contemporary/deco styled den.  Makes quite an impact but will probably put it up in one of the windows at the Philcade space for the museum and have it for sale as well.

Titled "Tulsa Skyport"

« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 06:59:59 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #318 on: August 04, 2011, 07:42:37 am »

I really like that. Has a little Borg influence (or the Borg's had a little Deco influence).

onward...through the fog
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #319 on: January 16, 2012, 02:17:28 pm »

Jon Stewart Show
John Oliver interviews the woman, Froma Harrop, who first called the Tea Party "Terrorists."

This is funny!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-january-12-2012/civil-disservice

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #320 on: May 26, 2012, 02:19:33 pm »

Rachel Maddow reports on the latest domestic terrorism...

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41MOKWGf_ps[/youtube] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41MOKWGf_ps

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26315908/ns/msnbc_tv-rachel_maddow_show/#47572951

Nobody knows, nobody cares.... This national network of intimidation and violence seems to be expanding while political leaders allow anti-abortion hate to continue unchecked. This is the front line on the war against women.

During memorial day weekend, keep in mind the victims (I'm not talking zygotes) ...
« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 02:22:19 pm by Teatownclown » Logged
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #321 on: May 26, 2012, 08:54:19 pm »

During memorial day weekend, keep in mind OUR FALLEN AMERICAN HEROES the victims (I'm not talking zygotes) ...

Fixed that for you moron.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #322 on: May 26, 2012, 09:58:13 pm »

Really TeaTownClown.

Don't cheapen Memorial Day by confusing a holiday set aside to honor war heroes with abortion fights.

Show some respect.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #323 on: May 26, 2012, 10:51:36 pm »

These people who are being hunted down are on the front lines of an American civil war gone violent.

You are mistaken to try to shift my point and turn it around on me.

RM, did you fail to condemn what is taking place in the war on women and attack me instead?
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #324 on: May 27, 2012, 06:55:26 am »

Yes. I focus on you.

Politically, we are probably similar in our views. In approach to discussing those views, we are quite different.

In my viewpoint, you don't want to convince anyone of your opinions. You just want to yell.

Two examples from you this week clearly show your style. Instead of discussing Mitt Romney's political past, his campaign rhetoric, or his business history as a venture capitalist, you just want to point out he is a Mormon. Most of us are not Mormon and I assume that you think if you make fun of the Mormon religion, people won't vote for him.

The second example is in this thread. On page 18 (in a thread about domestic terrorism) you quickly associate a Norwegian mass murderer with the Tea Party, then on this page talk about abortion rights and associate it with war veterans, Memorial Day, and the civil war.

I don't know if I ever convinced any posters on TulsaNow of anything, but truly believe all you have ever done is piss off people. You remind me of the preachers who stand on the street corner and "repent" at the buildings. The non-believers despise you and the believers are embarrassed of you.    
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 06:57:36 am by RecycleMichael » Logged

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #325 on: May 27, 2012, 08:14:38 am »

Posters here have a lot in common with that street preacher yelling repent. We have little chance of swaying others opinions and we often look crazy to each other. In the end, just like the street preacher, we yell to satisfy our own needs, not to convince others of our views.

onward...through the fog
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #326 on: May 27, 2012, 08:36:05 am »

But we can be better. This forum could be a repository of thoughts and ideas. It could be a site that people go to express themselves and find words to agree or disagree with other expressions.

I like reading and agreeing your comments. I also like reading comments from those that are just plain wrong (you know who I am talking about). I appreciate their time to post. I don't get mad at them for being stubborn or incorrect; I laugh at the opportunity to post an different viewpoint.

I do get mad at TeaTownClown. He mostly parrots the views of Bill Maher (an entertainer who panders to the atheist, woman-haters, and far left). When Maher does it, it is with a studio audience signaled to laugh at his jokes. When TTC does it, he embarrasses the posters like me who would probably have agreed with him.

AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #327 on: May 27, 2012, 08:56:14 am »

But we can be better. This forum could be a repository of thoughts and ideas. It could be a site that people go to express themselves and find words to agree or disagree with other expressions.

I like reading and agreeing your comments. I also like reading comments from those that are just plain wrong (you know who I am talking about). I appreciate their time to post. I don't get mad at them for being stubborn or incorrect; I laugh at the opportunity to post an different viewpoint.

I do get mad at TeaTownClown. He mostly parrots the views of Bill Maher (an entertainer who panders to the atheist, woman-haters, and far left). When Maher does it, it is with a studio audience signaled to laugh at his jokes. When TTC does it, he embarrasses the posters like me who would probably have agreed with him.

TNF, is like a cool party with lots of good conversation, free bar and a great diversity of well informed people with a few characters who try a bit too hard. Even the extreme viewpoints are welcome to me, though. We are at our best when discussing our passions like cycling, art, development, transportation, food, entertainment and stuff only found locally. I especially enjoy the fact that we have posters monitoring from Arizona, Cali, NC etc. They still carry Tulsa with them. The gay comics thread was a pretty good example.

Passionate people can sometime irritate others as they infuse their particular passions into every conversation (Obama, liberals, abortion, guns, conservatives, TPartiers..blah, blah).  Its maddening, but boring without them. You have to call them out on it though or they will sour the party.

Good job Rm.

onward...through the fog
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #328 on: May 27, 2012, 10:25:04 am »

Shooting at and threatening OBGYN's goes unnoticed. Instead, taking aim at me becomes the priority.

Too bad if you don't liken to my fingering the opposition. Their tactics are violence and hatred. This is not civil disobedience. Refusal to abide by our laws becomes acceptable when believers use religious doctrine to supersede the will of the courts. Too often in the name of religious ideology we witness the will of some over the rights of others. I merely use some of the same messaging that the righties hide behind and that upsets you because that's not the way we are suppose to behave?

Funny how Rachel Maddow or Bill Maher are perceived if it is I who link their messages. Why don't you ignore it if you don't like it? When I first came across TNF, it was one sided. It still is when it comes to women.

There are posters on this forum who engage in far worse verbosity than mine and their use of personal attacking much more direct. But I refuse to personally attack them and instead choose to annoy them. This is the combat necessary to engage the enemy in the culture war. All is fair in war and politics....right?

You and I share little in the same politics as you suggest. You seem to pander to the establishment while refusing to go the extra mile and call on their leadership to quell this divisiveness and hatred swamping our communities.

Some people just can't stand non theists. Live with it. Our country was founded on the principles of separation between church and state. Fine if you can't boil it down to what's really going on in this country. Churchianity does not dictate to me. I have strong moral foundation and refuse to be pushed around by congregants of fear and hate.

I will continue my assaults as long as religious institutions engage in manipulating our politicians while fostering a separate agenda from the mainstream. Living in the deep south has made many here fail to see what the rest of the country desires. I will continue to annoy when political affiliates refuse to accept our laws, diversity, and truth. And I will continue to be one voice for the victims of religious doctrine and political extremism that goes unnoticed.
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #329 on: May 27, 2012, 11:19:56 am »

You were fine till you related your post to Memorial Day. Our country may be seriously divided on our political views and our religion, but we are not having a civil war. In fact I don't like its characterization as a war at all. Calling this a war gives opposing groups justification for warlike behaviors including terrorism. You feed their game.

onward...through the fog
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org