A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:05:25 pm
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 328906 times)
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #300 on: July 30, 2011, 03:34:06 pm »

Why did you have to do that to me? There's no way I can get she who must be obeyed to make that tonight. Sad (and my "cooking" skills are limited to following the instructions on the box..sad, but it is what it is)

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.”....Robert Heinlein

I think what Bob was saying is that you should be able to make your own macaroni and cheese.  On reflection, however, I'm forced to admit that when I offer to make dinner, SWMBO and the kids want to eat out.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #301 on: July 30, 2011, 04:00:57 pm »

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.”....Robert Heinlein

I think what Bob was saying is that you should be able to make your own macaroni and cheese.  On reflection, however, I'm forced to admit that when I offer to make dinner, SWMBO and the kids want to eat out.

Fantastic. May I borrow "SWMBO" in the future sometime?

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #302 on: July 30, 2011, 04:02:22 pm »

Yeah, it's just like you to complain about foreign cheeses while expecting us all to have a microwave. Wink

That's pretty funny right there.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #303 on: July 30, 2011, 04:08:12 pm »

I think what Bob was saying is that you should be able to make your own macaroni and cheese.
I can. I believe the instructions on the box say "boil the round elbow-looking things, toss in a gobsmacking amount of butter, a dash of milk, and the powder we put in the box. Stir." I'd rather have something that doesn't taste like cardboard, though.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #304 on: July 31, 2011, 07:29:33 pm »

Another timely reminder of the original intent of this thread. Where are those in the right wing who stand for non violence and a woman's right to privacy?

Planned Parenthood firebombed, right wing silent
A potential incident of domestic terrorism this week got a yawn from most of the press -- and the political right

http://www.salon.com/news/politics/war_room/2011/07/30/planned_parenthood_terrorism/index.html

" We obviously don't know yet, but this attack seems more likely to be the work of a politically motivated person with conservative beliefs than a random act of vandalism. In other words, domestic terrorism. Someone threw a Molotov cocktail at a women's health clinic. It's insane that only a couple of Internet feminists actually seem to care. "
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #305 on: August 01, 2011, 07:38:13 am »

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was scrambling to cut and paste the mac 'n' cheese recipes quick as possible before the thread locks down or disappears.  The carb content looks wonderful, but the cheese, I'm afraid, would slow me down too much.

Looks like some good eating when I can consume 100 g's of fat per meal again Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #306 on: August 01, 2011, 07:45:21 am »

I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I was scrambling to cut and paste the mac 'n' cheese recipes quick as possible before the thread locks down or disappears.  The carb content looks wonderful, but the cheese, I'm afraid, would slow me down too much.

Looks like some good eating when I can consume 100 g's of fat per meal again Wink

Ahhh but to combat this 117 degree weather you need a nice layer of fat to prevent your fluids from evaporating.

All of these mac and cheese recipes are SPF 50!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #307 on: August 01, 2011, 08:12:13 am »

I can. I believe the instructions on the box say "boil the round elbow-looking things, toss in a gobsmacking amount of butter, a dash of milk, and the powder we put in the box. Stir." I'd rather have something that doesn't taste like cardboard, though.

I did it that way once.  Wasn't so good.  I learned the hard way that there is actually another step in there between boiling and adding the other ingredients.... "strain water out".  I hate cooking, its so complicated and there are so many rules.

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
dbacks fan
« Reply #308 on: August 01, 2011, 09:23:37 am »

Ahhh but to combat this 117 degree weather you need a nice layer of fat to prevent your fluids from evaporating.

All of these mac and cheese recipes are SPF 50!

Here's something to help cool you off, Mt Shasta last week.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #309 on: August 01, 2011, 09:41:31 am »

I hate cooking, its so complicated and there are so many rules.

Dude, are you serious?  You're an artist.  Cooking is way easier.  My horribly drawn stick figures can attest to this.

You ever decide your work sucks and you start over?  That's all you have to do if you screw up your pasta.  Toss it and start again.

Same as with any dish.  Trial and error.

I just looked up and remembered this is supposed to be about "domestic right wing terrorists"...so BOOM I dropped a bomb on you baby.
dbacks fan
« Reply #310 on: August 01, 2011, 10:06:23 am »

Dude, are you serious?  You're an artist.  Cooking is way easier.  My horribly drawn stick figures can attest to this.

You ever decide your work sucks and you start over?  That's all you have to do if you screw up your pasta.  Toss it and start again.

Same as with any dish.  Trial and error.

I just looked up and remembered this is supposed to be about "domestic right wing terrorists"...so BOOM I dropped a bomb on you baby.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRadA7074wk[/youtube]
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #311 on: August 01, 2011, 10:46:29 am »

Mmmmm, yummy! Mashed thread for lunch!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AquaMan
City Father

Just Cruz'n

« Reply #312 on: August 01, 2011, 01:42:56 pm »

About an hour ago I turned off of Pine onto Gap Band Drive. We all sort of giggled. That is what I like about inner city Tulsa. A sense of ourselves seasoned with a little humor. Anyone remember Guava?

onward...through the fog
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #313 on: August 01, 2011, 01:46:00 pm »

I did it that way once.  Wasn't so good.  I learned the hard way that there is actually another step in there between boiling and adding the other ingredients.... "strain water out".  I hate cooking, its so complicated and there are so many rules.
And all this time I thought that luscious cheese sauce was intended...

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #314 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:57 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Po0eZtmNc&NR=1[/youtube]

and an oldie but goodie:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ssybQg1ZAY&feature=share[/youtube]

Billy is what you get when you look for the roots of the Teabagger movement.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org