A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:15:19 pm
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327057 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2011, 03:27:14 pm »

May I suggest rotini with a cheese sauce made from smoked provolone, lightly seasoned with onions and garlic, and topped with finely diced proscuitto? Serve with a nice white wine, a garden salad, and freshly baked Italian bread.

I'm hungry.
Why did you have to do that to me? There's no way I can get she who must be obeyed to make that tonight. Sad (and my "cooking" skills are limited to following the instructions on the box..sad, but it is what it is)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2011, 03:37:10 pm »

My wife would kill you with a badger for a superior cheese and macaroni masterpiece.

With . . . a badger?  How does that work, exactly?

EDITED:  Just . . . never mind.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 03:39:50 pm by we vs us » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2011, 03:37:23 pm »

Wisconsin 5 Cheese Bake

1 (16 ounce) package elbow macaroni
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup shredded provolone cheese
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add macaroni, and cook until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain.

In a large bowl, toss together the mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and Provolone cheese. Remove about 1/2 cup for topping and set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, sour cream and heavy cream. Season with parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.

Pour the ricotta cheese mixture and drained macaroni into the bowl with the cheeses and toss lightly. Do not mix too thoroughly, it's better left messy. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.

Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes, then turn the oven to broil. Broil for about 5 minutes to brown the top.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #288 on: July 29, 2011, 03:50:53 pm »

I remember the good old days when gaspar and I would interject recipes into heated discussions. His stubborness over his clearly flawed macaroni and cheese recipes made his views pale to my superior cheese and macaroni masterpieces.

That was back when we still had Karma.  Karma favors macaroni!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #289 on: July 29, 2011, 04:08:56 pm »

You guys love to poke fun at peacefulness but fully support chaos, divisiveness, racism, prejudice and hate. Soldiers in the culture war you are....

Think Again: 'Bad Things Happen Someplace, Muslims Involved'
http://www.thewashingtoncurrent.com/2011/07/think-again-bad-things-happen-someplace.html

"The fact that each of these writers represents the “left” and “right” on The Post points to two salient facts about today’s political discourse. First off, the left supports and believes in actual journalism. Its complaint with the media is that journalists allow other factors—laziness, sensationalism, silliness, and the right’s “working of the refs”—to interfere with the process of informing news consumers. But on the right, the actual news is a problem, and so journalists are attacked when they report it overly zealously, regardless of whether it is true."

MSM deserves to go the way of the Dodo.

"“Left” and “right” are not equivalents in this country any more. One is genuinely concerned with facing reality and addressing it, however imperfectly and often, mistakenly. The other couldn’t care less."

Sound familiar?

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #290 on: July 29, 2011, 04:41:27 pm »

MSM deserves to go the way of the Dodo.

You need to go the way of aox & fotd.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #291 on: July 29, 2011, 04:57:07 pm »

You need to go the way of aox & fotd.
He's right, at least about the part you quoted.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #292 on: July 29, 2011, 07:14:22 pm »

He's right, at least about the part you quoted.

You didn't fall for that claptrap did you? He throws out an anti-republican screed penned by one of the biggest leftists in the country, Eric Alterman, then attacks the MSM because it doesn't go with batsh!t crazy columns like his. 

I am no fan of the MSM, but I will take it over The Nation or any other publication that gives Alterman a platform.

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #293 on: July 30, 2011, 09:42:37 am »

Wisconsin 5 Cheese Bake....

Which Marshall's beer would you recommend with that?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #294 on: July 30, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »

In a large bowl, toss together the mozzarella cheese, Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese and Provolone cheese. Remove about 1/2 cup for topping and set aside. In a separate bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, sour cream and heavy cream. Season with parsley, Italian seasoning and garlic salt.

Pour the ricotta cheese mixture and drained macaroni into the bowl with the cheeses and toss lightly. Do not mix too thoroughly, it's better left messy. Pour into the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.

Toss these cheeses, stir these creams,...Typical of you to treat things differently. And Swiss and Italian? Are you the freakin United Nations? Reserved cheese? Who can afford such luxuries in this economy?

Try this...

1 tablespoon salt
 1 pound elbow, shell or other bite-size shaped pasta
 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
 1 cup chicken broth
 3 tablespoons butter
 1/3 cup flour
 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
 Freshly ground black pepper
 1 pound grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese

1. Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in large soup kettle. Add salt and pasta. Using package directions as a guide, cook until al dente. Drain. To prevent sticking, drain and immediately pour onto a large lipped baking sheet and let cool while preparing sauce.

2. Meanwhile, microwave the milk and chicken broth in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup or bowl until hot and steamy (not boiling). Melt butter in the empty pasta pot; whisk in flour, then hot milk mixture. Continue to whisk until thick and bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in mustard, Parmesan and pepper. Turn off heat, stir in cheddar until melted.

3. Add drained pasta (and optional flavoring ingredients, see notes) to sauce, and stir until everything is well combined over low heat. Stir to heat through, and thin with a little water if the sauce is too thick. Serve hot.

Power is nothing till you use it.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #295 on: July 30, 2011, 01:08:40 pm »

Toss these cheeses, stir these creams,...Typical of you to treat things differently. And Swiss and Italian? Are you the freakin United Nations? Reserved cheese? Who can afford such luxuries in this economy?

Try this...

1 tablespoon salt
 1 pound elbow, shell or other bite-size shaped pasta
 2 (12 fluid ounce) cans evaporated milk
 1 cup chicken broth
 3 tablespoons butter
 1/3 cup flour
 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
 Freshly ground black pepper
 1 pound grated extra-sharp cheddar cheese

1. Bring 2 quarts of water to boil in large soup kettle. Add salt and pasta. Using package directions as a guide, cook until al dente. Drain. To prevent sticking, drain and immediately pour onto a large lipped baking sheet and let cool while preparing sauce.

2. Meanwhile, microwave the milk and chicken broth in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup or bowl until hot and steamy (not boiling). Melt butter in the empty pasta pot; whisk in flour, then hot milk mixture. Continue to whisk until thick and bubbly, 3 to 4 minutes. Whisk in mustard, Parmesan and pepper. Turn off heat, stir in cheddar until melted.

3. Add drained pasta (and optional flavoring ingredients, see notes) to sauce, and stir until everything is well combined over low heat. Stir to heat through, and thin with a little water if the sauce is too thick. Serve hot.

I have all those ingredients. What's the yield?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #296 on: July 30, 2011, 01:54:06 pm »

I have all those ingredients. What's the yield?

Serves six

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #297 on: July 30, 2011, 02:50:24 pm »

Serves six

Wow, the clown posted something disparaging right before your reply and either the mods removed it or the clown did....does the clown have a conscience?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #298 on: July 30, 2011, 03:09:27 pm »

I am no fan of the MSM, but I will take it over The Nation or any other publication that gives Alterman a platform.
When they stop worrying about being branded as partisan for reporting the facts, I'll retract my statement. They need to face the fact that sometimes, the facts don't support the ideological position of one side or the other.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #299 on: July 30, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »

2. Meanwhile, microwave the milk and chicken broth in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup or bowl until hot and steamy (not boiling). Melt butter in the empty pasta pot; whisk in flour, then hot milk mixture.
Yeah, it's just like you to complain about foreign cheeses while expecting us all to have a microwave. Wink

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org