A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:24:51 am
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327074 times)
Teatownclown
City Father

Put the "fun" back into dysfunctional, Tulsa!

« Reply #255 on: July 24, 2011, 04:25:50 pm »

Don't go there.

Just because a right wing terrorist in Norway targeted liberals campers does not equate to anything happening in America.
Whether Breivik was connected to any neo-Nazi or right-wing group remains to be seen. "There is an Oklahoma comparison," Hagai M. Segal, a terrorism expert with New York University in London, told TIME.com. "That could be an incredibly serious development. I am skeptical that there is a larger right-wing group connected to this, but it wouldn't surprise me if you had a small cell. It is extremely hard to do something like this by yourself."

We're seeing a rise in right wing extremism. Be it connected to anything in this country needs to be studied. There's obvious similarities.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #256 on: July 25, 2011, 08:11:01 am »

Whether Breivik was connected to any neo-Nazi or right-wing group remains to be seen. "There is an Oklahoma comparison," Hagai M. Segal, a terrorism expert with New York University in London, told TIME.com. "That could be an incredibly serious development. I am skeptical that there is a larger right-wing group connected to this, but it wouldn't surprise me if you had a small cell. It is extremely hard to do something like this by yourself."

We're seeing a rise in right wing extremism. Be it connected to anything in this country needs to be studied. There's obvious similarities.

Everyone with an opinion is anxious to get it heard when crap like this happens.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #257 on: July 25, 2011, 09:24:35 am »

Everyone with an opinion is anxious to get it heard when crap like this happens.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Question: What's the difference between Anders Breivik and the average American Republican-Tea Party member?

Answer: Breivik is Norwegian. Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #258 on: July 25, 2011, 11:25:04 am »

What is your need to equate this tragedy to anything happening in America? Don't you think that rabid political responses on either extreme could cause this kind of problem? Don't you realize that makes you part of the problem?

Power is nothing till you use it.
Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #259 on: July 25, 2011, 11:26:52 am »

What is your need to equate this tragedy to anything happening in America? Don't you think that rabid political responses on either extreme could cause this kind of problem? Don't you realize that makes you part of the problem?

He definately has comparable traits with people that commit these types of acts.....

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #260 on: July 25, 2011, 12:32:28 pm »

I am shocked that he is only going to get 21 years in Norway's Halden Fengsel Prison.  The most posh "rehabilitation" facility in the world.

His prison experience will include:

Each cell is decorated and features a flat screen TV and mini-fridge and large windows.

There are no bars, each 10 cells open up into a large posh living room and kitchen with staleness appliances, modern wrap-around sofas and coffee tables.

Weather enjoying a friendly game of chess with the guards or expressing his creativity in the professional sound studio, Breivik will never feel intimidated, because the guards are not allowed to carry guns, and half of the guards are women.  Guards also participate in using the campus facilities like the fitness center with jogging trails through over 70 acres of pristine forest.  A day trip with some cross country skiing or perhaps the challenging climbing wall may make for a pleasant Saturday for Breivik.

Prisoners are encouraged to utilize the two-story hospitality facility where our friend Breivik can host parties with friends and family from the outside, or perhaps organize an intimate dinner party with a lady guest.

When meal time comes around, every day is a treat with the professional culinary studio responsible for providing inmates with a wide array of fresh and locally grown ingredients.

I'm sure his short term loss of freedom will more than make up for the 93 kids who ARE DEAD FOREVER!

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #261 on: July 25, 2011, 12:41:37 pm »

Cite for any of that craziness?
Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #262 on: July 25, 2011, 12:47:51 pm »

Maybe, he'll rehabilitate and go around the world trying to prevent the types of dogma that put him in the mindset of hate and violence through education of people around the globe. beats killing him off. And who are we to judge how other country's treat their prisoners?

Meanwhile, we'll see more mass murdering behavior emanating from the under belly of religious extremists until every internet forum adopts a no tolerance position against hate.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #263 on: July 25, 2011, 12:48:08 pm »

Cite for any of that craziness?

A nice pictorial: http://alexmasi.photoshelter.com/gallery/Halden-Prison-Luxury-detention-in-Norway/G0000.pWT7uxO5qE

An article written on Norway's prison in Time: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1986002,00.html

The prison website: http://www.haldenfengsel.no/

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #264 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:36 pm »

. . . until every internet forum adopts a no tolerance position against hate.

If that happened, you would have never been allowed to come back.  Shocked

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #265 on: July 25, 2011, 12:50:34 pm »

Mr. America, please take that back. I am not part of the problem. When I was a fool you had no problem kicking the snot out of me. You really don't want to be out there beating on a clown.
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #266 on: July 25, 2011, 12:52:12 pm »

I bet Breivik is really getting excited!  I't's like the week before a trip to Disney Land!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ytz-pP8p1Bg[/youtube]

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #267 on: July 25, 2011, 12:54:51 pm »

Another Time article:http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,2000920,00.html

Teatownclown
City Father

« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2011, 12:56:45 pm »

You seem more concerned with the punishment than the crime or what drove this lunatic to the point of mass murder.

Learn from others....
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2011, 01:02:54 pm »

You seem more concerned with the punishment than the crime or what drove this lunatic to the point of mass murder.

Learn from others....

You kill 93 innocent children, and I don't give a smile about whether or not your mommy hugged you, or how soft your fabric softener makes your underwear.   

At that point I care about the punishment and whether or not it functions as a deterrent to others.

I don't care about this person.  His rehabilitation is not of interest to me.

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org