A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:57:26 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 328920 times)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2009, 03:04:38 am »

Also, since my wife and sisters (as well as millions of other women) are pro-life, they too must be women's rights bashers as well.
Now that you mention it, they are. That they do not desire to exercise their rights does not make it any more correct to attempt to give them up for all women. The proper course is to choose not to exercise their rights.

It's like a woman choosing not to vote, but rather than just not voting, deciding they need to campaign to take away all women's voting rights. Maybe they're afraid that if they have the right, they might vote despite not wanting to do so at the present.

Or, less charitably, they could be one of the morons who believe they ought to be a good Christian wife and do what her husband tells her to do, and her husband tells her she shouldn't vote. (I know several people who have that honest belief, described that way)

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
tim huntzinger
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2009, 07:35:00 am »

So the thread starts out blaming Christians for the action of a man with schizophrenia killing that wicked abortionist.  And it devolves into basically calling Christian women stupid.  Somehow I am not surprised.  Tell us, Nate-dawg, what are the 'proof texts' that inform women of this status?  And Mr. Jaynes, you are surprised that Guide uses inflammatory language to describe this abortionist's murder, when he throws his own fellow pro-lifers under the bus by calling them the filthy 'whore' wored? Really? Further, Guide is not 'pro-life,' in that I imagine he is for the death penalty and has limited sympathies for little babies being starved out by UN sanctions or being bombed.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:38:49 am by Know Nothing » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2009, 07:42:43 am »

So the thread starts out blaming Christians for the action of a man with schizophrenia killing that wicked abortionist.  And it devolves into basically calling Christian women stupid.  Somehow I am not surprised.  Tell us, Nate-dawg, what are the 'proof texts' that inform women of this status?  And Mr. Jaynes, you are surprised that Guide uses inflammatory language to describe this abortionist's murder, when he throws his own fellow pro-lifers under the bus by calling them the filthy 'whore' wored? Really? Further, Guide is not 'pro-life,' in that I imagine he is for the death penalty and has limited sympathies for little babies being starved out by UN sanctions or being bombed.

And it appeared Tiller and women were the victims. What a mistake. It's those poor extremist fundies, fetuses, and you who are the victims! Got it now.
FOTD
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2009, 07:49:47 am »

You give bong smokers a bad name.  Rally you do.

Here. This might give you some hope: http://www.americablog.com/2009/06/alzheimers-breakthrough-study.html

"A scientific breakthrough in the understanding of how Alzheimer's disease may spread across the brain of elderly patients might lead to novel ways of treating senile dementia, scientists have announced.

A study has discovered that a key brain protein linked with Alzheimer's disease has infectious properties that allow defects in the protein to be transmitted through the brain and so leads to debilitating neuro-degeneration.

It is the first time that scientists have detected infectious properties in the so-called tau protein which causes aggregates of particles known as "neurofibrillary tangles" to build up inside the brain cells of Alzheimer's patients. The tangles lead to the disease's symptoms.

But the researchers emphasised that the discovery does not mean that the disease itself is infectious, only that the tau protein seen in Alzheimer's disease is able to convert otherwise healthy brain proteins into the defective form associated with the disease."

And never believe a poster who writes like a 4 year old.....
tim huntzinger
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2009, 07:50:40 am »

Here. This might give you some hope: http://www.americablog.com/2009/06/alzheimers-breakthrough-study.html

"A scientific breakthrough in the understanding of how Alzheimer's disease may spread across the brain of elderly patients might lead to novel ways of treating senile dementia, scientists have announced.

A study has discovered that a key brain protein linked with Alzheimer's disease has infectious properties that allow defects in the protein to be transmitted through the brain and so leads to debilitating neuro-degeneration.

It is the first time that scientists have detected infectious properties in the so-called tau protein which causes aggregates of particles known as "neurofibrillary tangles" to build up inside the brain cells of Alzheimer's patients. The tangles lead to the disease's symptoms.

But the researchers emphasised that the discovery does not mean that the disease itself is infectious, only that the tau protein seen in Alzheimer's disease is able to convert otherwise healthy brain proteins into the defective form associated with the disease."

That is why most of your posts go uncommented on.  Rally it is.  Further, glad that you think Alzheimer's Disease is a joke.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2009, 07:57:19 am by Know Nothing » Logged
FOTD
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2009, 08:03:16 am »

That is why most of your posts go uncommented on.  Rally it is.  Further, glad that you think Alzheimer's Disease is a joke.

It's not a joke....but your personal attacks are......

* outofyourmind.jpg (71.48 KB - downloaded 412 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2009, 08:10:08 am »

People like Beck — who described himself as a mere "rodeo clown" when he was called out on such statements — may be craven opportunists pandering for ratings. It really doesn't matter. Their lunatic rants, planted in the rich soil of social discontent, make it that much harder for our country to advance toward a better future.

<---- This suit does make me look a bit empty, doesn't it?

Did you ever pay much attention to Olbermann when he'd take off on one of his Bush war rants? "Lunatic rants" brought some of JO's worst spittle-flying, Bush-hating diatribes to mind.  "Bush and Cheney are war criminals!!!!"

How did Senator Harry Reid help unify the country by saying that the "war was already lost"?

Dissention is guaranteed by the First Amendment to our Constitution.  Unless you have a state-run media that controls every single word and every disaffected lunatic is locked up, there's no guarantee that some lone nut won't take words wrong and act on them.  You've managed to blow this whole Tiller situation into something far bigger than it really is.  It's as if you are trying to use this as an excuse as to why all the leading conservative "news anchors" (as you call them, commentators/news entertainers as I call them) should be permanently muzzled.  I'm sure to you, all any of us need is Maddow, Matthews, JO, Huffpo, Koz, Pravda, Al-Jazeera, etc. for real information on the real world.

Your spin on what is and is not terrorism is interesting.  What cause or political aim was the lone gunman in Austin advancing? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2009, 08:17:20 am »

Man you are out there.  This is relevant to the conversation at hand, why?  It's not even a medical journal.  It scares me there are people who get their "news" from moonbat blogs.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 08:21:04 am »

Now that you mention it, they are. That they do not desire to exercise their rights does not make it any more correct to attempt to give them up for all women. The proper course is to choose not to exercise their rights.

It's like a woman choosing not to vote, but rather than just not voting, deciding they need to campaign to take away all women's voting rights. Maybe they're afraid that if they have the right, they might vote despite not wanting to do so at the present.

Or, less charitably, they could be one of the morons who believe they ought to be a good Christian wife and do what her husband tells her to do, and her husband tells her she shouldn't vote. (I know several people who have that honest belief, described that way)

Nathan, there are also people who believe they need to be advocates for ALL the fetuses who have no say as to whether or not it gets to go full-term or get sucked out of the womb. 

Tell me why the rights or views of pro-choicers are more sacrosanct than those of pro-lifers.

tim huntzinger
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2009, 08:27:14 am »

Man you are out there.  This is relevant to the conversation at hand, why?  It's not even a medical journal.  It scares me there are people who get their "news" from moonbat blogs.

He mocks people with AD and then accuses his target of attacking others.  Typical.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2009, 01:08:13 pm »

That you can't understand the difference between a subset of Christian women and all Christian women speaks volumes about you. People are free to live their lives however they like. I like that about my country. That doesn't mean I can't observe people's choices and comment about them.

And Conan, this is just rehashing the standard abortion argument, but as long as a fetus is a fetus, it's dependent on the goodwill of the person carrying it for its survival. I believe the needs or wishes of the woman carrying the fetus take precedence. If she desires to carry the fetus to term, great. If not, that's her decision. Just as I don't advocate forcing people to go through invasive and medically risky procedures, I do not advocate forcing women to go through a medically risky pregnancy. (and they are all medically risky, albeit some more than others)

If we had transporters from Star Trek, I'd be all for having no more abortions. Just whisk the fetus away risk-free into a gestation bubble where it can develop into a baby. As long as we can't do that, women should be free to choose what goes on with their own bodies.

I might have a different view if I was prone to anthropomorphizing things.

That is to say I understand how others hold a different view; I just disagree with the idea of controlling a woman's body to the degree of forcing her to carry a pregnancy to term. Not to mention not desiring a return to back alley abortions with coat hangers.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2009, 01:14:52 pm »

Whoa, are you seriously comparing voting rights to abortion rights? If so, just wow.

So a woman that opposes abortion because she thinks it's amoral or even murder never crossed your mind, did it? She should be a good little girl and keep her mouth shut or blindly obey her overbearing husband who she mostly certainly fears contradicting. Folks, meet the classic misogynist.  

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2009, 01:19:49 pm »

And Mr. Jaynes, you are surprised that Guide uses inflammatory language to describe this abortionist's murder, when he throws his own fellow pro-lifers under the bus by calling them the filthy 'whore' wored?

As he is obviously extreme in his pro-life stance, such would not come as a surprise, as it does seem to be the same rhetoric that many of that particular stripe uses to describe the abortion issue. However, I am surprised that someone of his implied education (if I'm not mistaken, he is an attorney by profession), would resort to strictly emotionalist means to make his case.

Put the bong down for a second.  Maddow's show is NOT a NEWS SHOW.  It is political commentary, and no she doesn't promote hate, except for hate toward conservatives.

I've watched the show, and in comparison, I've got to say that Olbermann does a better job. Even Sean Hannity does a better job. Maddow, in my opinion, was more effective-and I dare say more credible-when she did her show on Air America Radio.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2009, 01:20:56 pm »

Guido, the woman rights basher and anti American constitution contributor, comes back to show the hate.

FOTD:

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2009, 01:31:42 pm »

Wow, they even have a certification award for donkey Clown.  A classic...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org