A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:55:55 pm
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Domestic Right Wing Terrorists!  (Read 327040 times)
FOTD
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 01:32:59 pm »

Gee, that previously much-maligned government report on right-wing extremists looks prescient now.

"Godfather of American white power Tom Metzger (of WAR) may have been railroaded in a civil suit. But Bill O'Reilly is a more legitimate candidate to be charged with inciting violence."

http://www.scholarsandrogues.com/2009/06/01/how-to-try-bill-oreilly-for-dr-tillers-murder/

mr.jaynes
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 01:36:04 pm »

Just terrible.  It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.

I think regardless of which side of the fence one is on in regards to the abortion issue, killing doctors doesn't lend any credibility to the pro-life side, it only damages it. It's one thing to peacably demonstrate at a reproductive clinic, quite another thing to resort to that kind of violence. Then again, I must say that many on the pro-life side tend to be extremist, and some of them, a bit dotty.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 02:45:00 pm »

Well, in an honest assessment, if I viewed abortion as the unadulterated murder of innocent children and I have spent a decade attempting to stop the murder by all legal means, assassinating those directly responsible for the action would be a logical and justified course of action.   Certainly if I discovered the identity of someone in Tulsa that was murdering or raping dozens of innocent people a year and no one else was doing anything to stop them I would seriously consider doing my vigilante part.  It doesn't qualify as terrorism if you are killing the offending party (just as the killing of US troops in Iraq is not terrorism.  Terrorism is the infliction of fear into non-parties to affect a political goal.  In this instance a direct actor was killed.  An assassination perhaps, but not terrorism imho).

I agree with the notion that it will not serve as a means to the end.  I join wholeheartedly in  condemning the action.  But I am a bit surprised that no one has at least pointed out that if you feel your God has dictated the action as the murder of the most innocent people possible, then a violent reaction is justified.  It can be viewed as a logical statement from such a fanatical perspective (killing 1 guilty party to save hundreds of innocent parties).

(ready for this post to be taken way, way out of context in 3 - 2 - 1 -)

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
FOTD
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 04:07:00 pm »

Well, in an honest assessment, if I viewed abortion as the unadulterated murder of innocent children and I have spent a decade attempting to stop the murder by all legal means, assassinating those directly responsible for the action would be a logical and justified course of action.   Certainly if I discovered the identity of someone in Tulsa that was murdering or raping dozens of innocent people a year and no one else was doing anything to stop them I would seriously consider doing my vigilante part.  It doesn't qualify as terrorism if you are killing the offending party (just as the killing of US troops in Iraq is not terrorism.  Terrorism is the infliction of fear into non-parties to affect a political goal.  In this instance a direct actor was killed.  An assassination perhaps, but not terrorism imho).

I agree with the notion that it will not serve as a means to the end.  I join wholeheartedly in  condemning the action.  But I am a bit surprised that no one has at least pointed out that if you feel your God has dictated the action as the murder of the most innocent people possible, then a violent reaction is justified.  It can be viewed as a logical statement from such a fanatical perspective (killing 1 guilty party to save hundreds of innocent parties).

Assassination? So, you are substituting this word for terror? One in the same. Using Gawd to rationalize murder? Despicable.

Sparty, you can't have it both ways. And that's not taking it out of context. You're just being wishy washy....

* Spartacusgayguide.jpg (71.18 KB - downloaded 816 times.)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:22:49 pm by FOTD » Logged
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 04:21:25 pm »

On the bright side, you've done an excellent job debunking the rationale behind the war on terra.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
rwarn17588
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 04:30:26 pm »

It can be viewed as a logical statement from such a fanatical perspective (killing 1 guilty party to save hundreds of innocent parties).

I think this sentence is a lot more important than the one preceding it. Especially the word "fanatical."
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 04:57:38 pm »

Probably nothin but.....

"The phone number is written on an envelope with the name "Cheryl" and "Op Rescue." Cheryl is Cheryl Sullenger, Operation Rescue's senior policy adviser, who in 1988 was convicted of conspiring to bomb a California abortion clinic. She served two years in prison."

"No, he hasn't called me recently," Sullenger said. 

Does recently mean like 8 hours or 5 years?
FOTD
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 08:22:42 pm »

The defenders of this sort of behavior are the same ones who support torture.

Tiller Assassin's Believed Some Homicide Justifiable, Some Americans Agree
http://kansasjackass.blogspot.com/2009/06/tiller-assassins-believed-some-homicide. html

Here, have a little sample of the supporters of domestic terrorism on Twitter as compiled by Carnal Nation:

Crap, I always forgot hashtags. I'm happy Tiller's dead. - Jennifer Waite, Selah, Washington
UPDATE... Doctor George Tiller was aborted today in his 204th trimester - aren't paybacks a grumble - Punch
oh HAPPY DAY! Tiller the baby killer is DEAD! - Samantha Pelch
George Tiller the baby killer was shot dead this morning. God bless the gunmen who hopefully won't be caught. - readnwatchchris, Creedmor. NC
was George Tiller the baby killers brain scrambled the way he scrambled full term fetuses.. one can only hope - Brad S
Infamous baby killer George Tiller gunned down at (irony) church. Why do I not feel sorry for him? Have fun at Judgment Day. - James Fiddler
tiller the baby killer shot dead...wow. is it insensitive of me to say what goes around comes around? - Brad M. Negulescu Cleveland.
George Tiller the Baby Killer shot dead. May he rot in Hell. - Amy Strong
Tiller Baby Killer was shot and killed this morning Justice has been served. - Shirl Ledeux
Thinking about "Tiller the baby killer" He now knows the wages of sin is death. - Dianne McDowell
May Tiller rot in Hell , infanticide is the murder of babies, he WAS a provider of death like Hitler, Bundy the list goes on.... - Dennis, A People Voip Company
Burn in hell George Tiller - mikedanben Sparta, NJ (41.005501,-74.672)
No need to pray for George Tiller. We know he went straight to hell!!!!! - Laurie D. Bailey Olive Branch, MS
Good ridence to Tiller - babies will not be murdered because he is now gone. Wonder how he likes hell! - Jay Emess, Southern, NJ
Karma is a beautiful thing. Cheers to the hero who sent George Tiller where he belongs... straight to hell. - Matthew Kamar
omg!george tiller abortion dr. was killed n his church parkn lot! hell yea! - Sarah Gulick, Wtichita, Ks
George Tiller: Burning in Hell for the last three hours. - darthdilbert Kettering, Oh
Hmm, I know it's wrong, but I feel like the Late-Term Abortion Doctor George Tiller, got what was he deserved..... - Mary Keogh London England
Boom Boom Boom. George Tiller was served a very very late term abortion this morning. - Chad Coleman, coeur d'alene, Id
A few more added 6:54 PM Pacific Time

Guy shoots a Dr. to death in Church. Me I'm willing to bet that Jesus was his co-pilot. - jeremyawhitman
Tiller the Killer goes to Church and ends up in Hell - mshellisright, Tulsa
Tiller the Baby Killer is finally dead....God took care of what needed to be done.... - Cynthia Wrench
The left-wing nutjobs don't understand that Tiller the baby killer was not human. No human kills babies, only monsters. Good riddance - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
I guess Obama the Messiah can't resurrect Tiller the baby killer. - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
The person who shot Tiller the baby killer simply excercised a man's right to choose. - Sami Shamieh, Walnut Creek, CA
the killing of tiller the baby killer was JUSTICE, not murder. - eqbt
Glad someone offed Tiller. Baby Killer. - Kat, Kansas

Great cuntry we've become....
FOTD
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 07:18:29 am »

Pee Wee Editorialist's at The Whirled failed in their morning rag to condemn the accomplices and the motivators of terrorism. Not even a mention of the nation wide network of those in cahoots. Shameful.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:23 am »

Pee Wee Editorialist's at The Whirled failed in their morning rag to condemn the accomplices and the motivators of terrorism. Not even a mention of the nation wide network of those in cahoots. Shameful.

It shows class and reality, especially considering the Lortons have been supporters of Planned Parenthood for some time.  They perhaps represent a more rational view of the issue than paranoid pro-choicers calling this terrorism and moronic pro-lifers calling this justified.

Why is it you think the rest of the world should share your pot-addled irrational thought patterns?  You are starting to sound like a troofer, AOX.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 07:32:28 am »

It shows class and reality, especially considering the Lortons have been supporters of Planned Parenthood for some time.  They perhaps represent a more rational view of the issue than paranoid pro-choicers calling this terrorism and moronic pro-lifers calling this justified.

Why is it you think the rest of the world should share your pot-addled irrational thought patterns?  You are starting to sound like a troofer, AOX.

Faux Netwerk spooner.....
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 07:44:33 am »

Faux Netwerk spooner.....

It's a known fact I sleep with a Bill O'Reilly blow up doll.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
waterboy
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 08:03:00 am »

It's a known fact I sleep with a Bill O'Reilly blow up doll.

I suspected as much. Cheesy You should upgrade to the Ann Coulter blow up (if you can stand the hissing noise).

Seriously, the World can't afford to spend much space commenting on the killing. They read the comments sections after their news stories. They are well heeled cowards.

Here is the question that bothers me. Alcohol causes fetal baby syndrome. Cigarette smoke, even second hand, is absorbed by a fetus and is known to cause stillborns. Both cause death or deformity on these same fetuses. What keeps these people who yell about baby killers from applying their venom towards RJReynolds, Bacardi or the personal users of their products? Afterall, every single worker in their companies know these facts and yet continue to sell their death dealing products. Every user should know the effects of their products as well. It is a thin line when you start to apply justice using your personal beliefs as a basis rather than the law.

Just wondering how far their rationalizations extend.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:11 am »

Assassination? So, you are substituting this word for terror? One in the same. Using Gawd to rationalize murder? Despicable.

Sparty, you can't have it both ways. And that's not taking it out of context. You're just being wishy washy....

Wishy washy?  Really, I thought I was being pretty clear.  I'm not trying to justify the murder in any way shape and form.  My views are closer to the abortion doctors than the fundamentalist who shot him. 

Au contraire, I was pointing out the error in the pro-life argument:  if you truly believe abortion is murder and similarly believe in a fundamentalist or literal translation of the bible (eye for an eye, life for a life . . .), then the killing of the abortion doctor is mandated by your God.  Anything less is picking and choosing what portions of the totally true book you choose to adhere to (which I'm fine with, but it negates the fundamentalist mindset, you can no longer claim your actions are a product of mandate instead of thought - hence, a catch 22).  If anything it was a jab at the Conservative Christian pro-life stance, but in reality it was just an observation.

And assassination and terror are two very different things.  The English language has different words for different ideas, enabling us to communicate with specificity. 

Assassinate:  to murder (a usually prominent person) by sudden or secret attack often for political reasons.

Terrorize: to coerce by threat or violence.

The two are certainly related.   But there is certainly a difference.  When a particular person is killed to achieve a political end, it is generally an assassination.   When groups of people or the population in general is targeted to coerce a political objective, it is terrorism.  I further separate the two by the inclusion of unrelated parties in acts of terrorism while an assassination, by definition, involves related parties.

Hence:  killing thousands by running a plane into a building = terrorism.  A sniper round to kill JFK = assassination.   Blowing up a bus outside an abortion clinic - terrorism.  Gunning down an abortion doctor = assassination.

Words should not be used loosely.  The purpose of the two is the same, they are a means to a political end.  Both are, of course, frown upon in the Western world.  But there is a difference.  Labeling everything "terrorism" is a very dangerous thing.

And before you get all huffy about using God to rationalize murder, aside from power God is probably the #2 rationalization for murder in the history of the world.  By commented on that fact I am not contributing to it (in case you haven't figured it out, I'm not very religious . . .).  But I think it's cute that you feigned indignation.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 10:42:43 am »

You should upgrade to the Ann Coulter blow up (if you can stand the hissing noise).

"hissing noise" That was brilliant!

Here is the question that bothers me. Alcohol causes fetal baby syndrome. Cigarette smoke, even second hand, is absorbed by a fetus and is known to cause stillborns. Both cause death or deformity on these same fetuses. What keeps these people who yell about baby killers from applying their venom towards RJReynolds, Bacardi or the personal users of their products? Afterall, every single worker in their companies know these facts and yet continue to sell their death dealing products. Every user should know the effects of their products as well. It is a thin line when you start to apply justice using your personal beliefs as a basis rather than the law.

Just wondering how far their rationalizations extend.

I guess some would call it selective outrage, some could say you are reaching in your hypothetical comments.  The employees of tobacco and alcohol manufacturers are much further removed than they guy who sucks a fetus out of it's mother's womb.  There are laws in place which deal with mothers who ingest drugs or alcohol that harm a fetus, anyone else up the line is pretty much secondary or tertiary to injury to the fetus.  I guess we can reach as far as we want on alcohol and tobacco.  The government makes too much revenue off the two substances every year to ban them outright (okay, now I'm rambling).  They are obviously harmful and have caused millions and millions of deaths and maimed many fetuses as well.  Again, what causes a more traumatic picture in the mind of the average individual: someone operating a cigarette rolling machine or packaging line in a brewery or someone using their medical degree to terminate a fetus?

I could compare your comments along the lines of pro-lifers saying:  "How can you be so concerned about the rights of dung beetles, trees, and horned owls, yet indifferent to incipient, innocent human life?"

Not sparring with you, just trying to answer your question. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 44   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org