A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:24:43 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protecting Paramedics.......from the OHP?  (Read 86094 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2009, 11:09:14 am »

Thank the gods for citizens with cameras. Now, OHP, show some integrity and face up to this cluster.  Or circle the wagons and pretend it never happened . . .

I'll take pretend it never happened for $500 Alex.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2009, 12:07:50 pm »

I agree on the assessment of right of way. What important call was OHP on that they had time to stop an ambulance on the way and harass them anyway?  But, it is a non-issue. 

When the trooper was informed that the ambulance had a patient in the back the proper course of action would be to take down the information and call the paramedic supervisor and handle the problem.  The course of action they chose resolved nothing and endangered everyone on the scene (including a person in the back of the ambulance) as well as sucking a ton of public resources (and further endangering the public or whomever was calling the OHP).

Even if it was a citizen the proper course of action would NOT have been to choke the person up against his vehicle.

I do not believe the OHP's story about an assault on the officer.  My guess is they are claiming the near collision as an assault.  Show me the video or face up to the assault charges that should be filed against these OHP officers.

Thank the gods for citizens with cameras. Now, OHP, show some integrity and face up to this cluster.  Or circle the wagons and pretend it never happened . . .

From what I gathered of the report, the OHP went ahead and went to it's call and then rushed to catch back up the the ambulance, cutting off one of the family members following the ambulance and running them off the road in the process.  The supposed assault was when the OHP first tried to arrest the peramedic (before the camera's rolled), and grabbed his arm much like he did on tape, the peramedic pushed him off, like he did on tape, and told him that he was assaulting him and was commiting a felony.  He then got back in the ambulance to check on the patient.  The EMT's even told the cops that they could arrest them if they needed to or whatever, but it could wait until they got the patient to the hospital.  OHP didn't want to hear it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2009, 12:21:09 pm »

Waiting for MH2010 to respond in 3...2...1...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
PepePeru
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2009, 05:16:19 pm »

I'm sure the OHP officer was really "assaulted' by an EMT.

If he took a swing or physically shoved a cop he'd have about 4-5 of them on his back.

Can you imagine if this were just a car of blacks, much less an ambulance?

This is just some power-tripping OHP officers who got pissy b/c an ambulance, driven by a black man, didn't yield to him.

Yeah, I'm playing that card and its the trump.

I'm glad the tape got out there.

FOTD
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2009, 07:46:39 pm »

If he took a swing or physically shoved a cop he'd have about 4-5 of them on his back.

This is just some power-tripping OHP officers who got pissy b/c an ambulance, driven by a black man, didn't yield to him.

No doubt about it....the OHP should be sent to rehab.

* whiteflowr.jpg (8.47 KB - downloaded 608 times.)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 07:51:17 pm by FOTD » Logged
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2009, 09:23:07 pm »

Tonight we hear from a woman who saw with her own eyes something many can’t believe happened.

An Oklahoma Highway Patrol trooper who appears to be angry detains an EMS crew in Okfuskee County even putting his hand around a paramedic’s neck.

FOX23’s Abbie Alford spoke to a witness who says she hates what she witnessed.
It was a scene that would have been hard to believe had it not been captured on camera.

http://www.fox23.com/news/local/story/Witness-Shocked-By-Trooper-EMS-Incident/bj1T7sHr30OqoNMfo8QAZQ.cspx

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
tim huntzinger
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2009, 06:36:10 am »

The out-of-control ossifer should be terminated from the force and sent to work in some third-world Banana republic where that kind of thing is normal . . . oh . . . I see.  He already is! Threatening the life of a resident in the poorest county in Oklahoma! What a man!  What a disgrace to law enforcement!  What a travesty! The DA should press charges at least and it sounds like he did indeed assault that EMT and should be subject to that new state law.

This was the topic of the day over at the Jones Show! http://www.prisonplanet.com/cops-stop-ambulance-on-way-to-hospital-and-fight-with-emt.html
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 06:38:17 am by Know Nothing » Logged
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2009, 06:52:05 am »

Just to point out, the driver was white.  The Black Peramedic was the one attending the patient.  While race might have been an issue in the attack, it obvoiusly wasn't the reason of them stopping the ambulance (that was just a good old fashion power trip).
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2009, 11:05:55 am »

At least one TV station is requesting the dashcam video, but what FOX23 is likely to get will be another edited version like OHP has done in the past.

Some history:
After the Sept 3, 2006 traffic stop of 32-year-old paralegal Latisha White, OHP Trooper Rocky Northcutt was accused of screaming profanities at her and her children.  OHP retaliated by charging White with perjury.
When White's attorney Lance McCrary asked for the dashcam video, he was given a copy that was flawed and had "skips" in it.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=070916_1_A1_hConf67873

On Oct 4, 2007 the Troopers Association attorney allowed the Tulsa World to watch a different version of the video, a compact disc copy of the Department of Public Safety in-car video.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=071004_1_A13_hrpah60381
James would not give the newspaper a copy of the CD.
The video portion (with a tape counter) showed no gaps, but the audio portion was missing the alleged statements by the trooper witnesses claimed to have heard.  No one is seen speaking on-camera.

Even if the dashcam video were to contain more damning information, disciplining the officers would be virtually unheard of.

"In his 11-plus years of representing the Oklahoma State Troopers Association, Oklahoma City attorney Gary James said he has never seen a formal DPS complaint lead to a criminal charge.
James, however, said he is aware of four to five other cases in which civil or criminal litigation is being considered against persons allegedly making false statements against the OHP."

A Tulsa World investigation found that filing perjury charges is often the OHP's solution to dealing with complainers.
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=070930_1_A1_hrpah05082

OHP says their dashcam video supports their boys story, despite independent video documentation to the contrary.  At least some journalists are calling their bluff.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2009, 12:19:23 pm »

News accounts about the scuffle have generated headlines around the world. In fact, video film shot during the scuffle is now the No. 2 most-watched video on YouTube.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20090530_12_A1_OKLAHO931830

Wow, Oklahoma is a vacation destination now for sure!

Look for some big changes at the OHP as a result....
(Like confiscating a lot more cameras and cellphones).

altruismsuffers
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2009, 11:50:25 pm »

You know this type of crap is happening alot more frequently...  Why do you think that there are so many A-holes that are supposed to be "peace officers"?  Have you seen some of the reports that have been put out?  You must have an ignorant a**hole like this fellow to follow reports like the MIAC report that claims if you have a Ron Paul sticker on your car your a TERRORIST!   You cant get a smart thinking intelligent person who truly cares about others to consider people who "Talk about the constitution" to be a terrorist.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gomfi4u399U[/youtube]

www.MYEXPANDEDMIND.com
Educate, Advocate, Disseminate
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 07:24:27 am »

You know this type of crap is happening alot more frequently...  Why do you think that there are so many A-holes that are supposed to be "peace officers"?  Have you seen some of the reports that have been put out?  You must have an ignorant a**hole like this fellow to follow reports like the MIAC report that claims if you have a Ron Paul sticker on your car your a TERRORIST!   You cant get a smart thinking intelligent person who truly cares about others to consider people who "Talk about the constitution" to be a terrorist.

FOTD
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 07:29:23 am »

It's just a hand gesture....not like Bill O'Lielly and Fawks Network stirring the pot.....

Boycott Fawk Network!

Come and get me:

* 141813.jpg (10.88 KB - downloaded 522 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 07:52:07 am »

Whoa, Drizzle, that looks like one of those Chris Mudschlock circlejerk flow charts.  Where's Bob Parmele in it?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 08:49:30 am »

KFAQ Radio 1170 talked about this on the morn. show. There is no question the cop should be removed, he's too much of a hot head and what will he be like with a regular person if he treats a Paramedic with a choke hold? I doubt any anger management class will work in this case, after awhile he'll go back to being his old self. He needs to be removed. Maybe put him on a desk job.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org