A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 05:33:14 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: OKC Pharmacist Defends Self, Gets Called Racist  (Read 33932 times)
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2009, 08:52:23 am »

Thank you swake.  Initially he was not charged, or it was not reported.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PepePeru
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »

so, he surrendered all his weapons to his attorney but declined to answer just how many that is.

Now, why on earth would this, no-doubt, proud gun owner do such a thing?

What kind of message does this send...?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2009, 02:23:38 pm »

so, he surrendered all his weapons to his attorney but declined to answer just how many that is.

Now, why on earth would this, no-doubt, proud gun owner do such a thing?

What kind of message does this send...?

What that he surrendered the weapons or declined to answer how many he surrendered?  Relevance?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PepePeru
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2009, 02:40:27 pm »

that he declined to say how many weapons.

doesn't sound like he 'sticks to his guns', now does it?
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2009, 02:47:14 pm »

that he declined to say how many weapons.

doesn't sound like he 'sticks to his guns', now does it?

I don't get it.  Are you saying if he doesn't have enough weapons he is a sissy?  Or that if he had too many weapons then he clearly is a monster?  Or that he failed to surrender all his weapons and giving a number would help that problem?  Or just that he should brag about how many firearms he owns?

Please give your statements some meaning.

I have 7 firearms.  What does that mean?

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PepePeru
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2009, 03:07:18 pm »

After committing such a cold blooded execution and it comes out this guy turned over 7 guns, yes, I'd think him more of a nut.

Sounds like to me they think the jury would as well.  So, it begs the question, that this guy isn't such a "PROUD" gun owner now is he?

I thought it was completely legal to own as many guns as you want?

So, what gives?
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2009, 03:10:13 pm »

M'kay, I still don't get the relevance. 

That wasn't cold-blooded, he was amped up on adrenaline.  Next time you get in a heated confrontation with someone, see how long it takes to calm back down.  I'm not saying that excuses him from all responsibility, but I hesitate to say what really happened without being there and without a video which shows the deceased on the ground.

Quantity of guns= nuttiness?? 

Some people are gun collectors and buy and sell, or just collect them.  It doesn't make them a nut.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 03:14:14 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
PepePeru
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2009, 03:13:00 pm »

M'kay, I still don't get the relevance. 

You don't get the relevance...there is obviously some relevance!

Why would he decline to answer that question?

Taking the fifth for obeying the law?  Okay.

So what does that tell you about how REASONABLE people view gun hoarding.

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2009, 03:53:23 pm »

You don't get the relevance...there is obviously some relevance!

Why would he decline to answer that question?

Taking the fifth for obeying the law?  Okay.

So what does that tell you about how REASONABLE people view gun hoarding.

Well if someone like you was on the jury would you want that information out there?

I'd hold back too in case the folks on jury duty that day are anti-gun.
PepePeru
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2009, 04:21:21 pm »

so, he's being lauded a "hero" by these pro-gun, pro-ccw types, despite the fact that he's basically sold the other 'responsible & legal' gun owners out?

You can collect your guns all you want, you can have enough guns to equip the armed forces of Brunei, but when you commit a crime, you now want to play ostrich and not fess up to your passion, hobby, whatever?

What a coward.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #55 on: June 02, 2009, 07:48:42 am »

Huh??? FAIK, he has no legal obligation to disclose publicly to the rest of us how many guns he owns.  Not saying publicly how many guns I own is hardly cowardice.  Why would it be anyone's business so long as I'm legally in possession of them?  Perhaps CF would like to research and see if this fellow had an obligation to disclose to the DA, Judge, or Feds how many guns he owned. 

Why are you so obsessed with that one issue of the case, dude?

PepePeru
« Reply #56 on: June 02, 2009, 08:45:51 am »

Huh??? FAIK, he has no legal obligation to disclose publicly to the rest of us how many guns he owns.  Not saying publicly how many guns I own is hardly cowardice.  Why would it be anyone's business so long as I'm legally in possession of them?  Perhaps CF would like to research and see if this fellow had an obligation to disclose to the DA, Judge, or Feds how many guns he owned. 

Why are you so obsessed with that one issue of the case, dude?

It was in the news yesterday?
Is this not a pertinent part of this case?

http://newsok.com/druggist-jerome-ersland-says-he-feared-for-life-during-shooting/article/3374434?custom_click=lead_story_title

Here's your research.

Oklahoma County District Judge Tammy Bass-LeSure on Thursday allowed him to be released from jail on bail as long he no longer has any access to any weapons.
The judge questioned him Monday to determine if he had complied with the restriction.

"I gave every weapon of mine to my attorney. I swear to the Lord,” Ersland told the judge Monday. "I have no rights to them.”
The attorney said he personally picked up the weapons Friday at Ersland’s home in Chickasha. "It took several hours,” Box said.

Well, for one I'm comforted that he 'swears to the Lord'.  Maybe he can give that to the judge and .49 so she can get a pop at QT.

"The hearing Monday turned tense when the judge asked Ersland how many weapons he had owned. Box told Ersland not to answer, and the judge warned them Ersland would go back to jail unless he gave her the total. "This is so unfair!” Box said to the judge.

The judge let Ersland stay free, though, after both the defense attorney and District Attorney David Prater argued he shouldn’t have to answer. They said requiring Ersland to answer would violate his constitutional rights. Box said Ersland has a right under the Fifth Amendment not to incriminate himself.

Prater said a statement about the number of weapons could be used against Ersland at trial.

The judge, however, said she will never again let a defendant turn over his weapons to his defense attorney. "I learned a valuable lesson,” she said."

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 08:49:40 am by PepePeru » Logged
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« Reply #57 on: June 02, 2009, 08:50:42 am »

I don't think anyone can talk bad about this guy until you are in his shoes.  The law says you can use lethal force to stop a felony or defend your life.  Also, where were the parents at while these young criminals were out roaming the streets? 
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #58 on: June 02, 2009, 08:56:39 am »

After committing such a cold blooded execution and it comes out this guy turned over 7 guns, yes, I'd think him more of a nut.

The reason he didn't disclose the number of weapons is probably 3 fold:

1) He doesn't have to.  He legally owned firearms.  A person involved in drunk driving doesn't divulge how many vehicles they own, even if they kill someone.

2) Irrelevant.

3) People like you.

Those that support his actions don't care how many firearms he owns.  He owned 2 that matter to this case.  And that was plenty.  So the only people that are left to care are those that want to condemn him.  Hence, there is no benefit to him to release that information as no answer he gave would appease you.

Now, on the matter of if order by the court does he have to divulge an answer, probably yes.  It is not criminal to own firearms, so the 5th probably does not apply.  Should the Court have sent the Sheriff to seize the weapons?  Probably.

The issue is only relevant as to the order to surrender weapons.  NOT to the underlying case.  If he had 2 or 200 weapons, it does not effect the case in any way shape or form.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
PepePeru
« Reply #59 on: June 02, 2009, 09:08:02 am »

The reason he didn't disclose the number of weapons is probably 3 fold:

1) He doesn't have to.  He legally owned firearms.  A person involved in drunk driving doesn't divulge how many vehicles they own, even if they kill someone.

2) Irrelevant.

3) People like you.

Those that support his actions don't care how many firearms he owns.  He owned 2 that matter to this case.  And that was plenty.  So the only people that are left to care are those that want to condemn him.  Hence, there is no benefit to him to release that information as no answer he gave would appease you.

Now, on the matter of if order by the court does he have to divulge an answer, probably yes.  It is not criminal to own firearms, so the 5th probably does not apply.  Should the Court have sent the Sheriff to seize the weapons?  Probably.

The issue is only relevant as to the order to surrender weapons.  NOT to the underlying case.  If he had 2 or 200 weapons, it does not effect the case in any way shape or form.

Do you know for a fact that all his firearms were legally owned?
Do you think there's a reason why he handed them to his attorney rather than the sheriff?
Please, explain why he'd make this decision.

If, as you claim 'it does not effect the case in any way shape or form', then why take the fifth?

The fact of the matter is, it WILL effect the case and we all know it.

He is what he is.
Not unlike Popeye.

He screwed up and I want to see him pay for it.
I want to see this guy in jail the rest of his life.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org