A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:02:19 pm
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Public Facilities" (A rant)  (Read 2319 times)
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« on: May 20, 2009, 01:52:31 pm »

Explain to me this. If you are a non-profit organization such as a neighborhood association or a group like TulsaNow, all you need to do to rent a space in a hotel or other private business is to pay them.

HOWEVER, if the space you want is a "public space" such as a park pavilion, school auditorium, etc. You have to BUY INSURANCE (in addition to rental fees).

WTH?
waterboy
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »

Good question. I had to pay for a million dollar policy that covered not only my boats, but my vehicles, my drivers and anyone associated with the business even if they just walked on the path with the RPA named as additional insured on the policy. That seemed pretty strange to my agent who specialized in tour companies. He promptly charged me more. They told me even the shoe shine man at the airport had to do the same. They will shut you down immediately if it lapses (unless you are the owner of Big Splash or operate the fair...then they just frown and say...don't do that again).

I would guess that their answer would be that the private business that rents out to you has insurance of their own and includes it in the cost of rental. Or a pretty good idea that you could pay for whatever damage is done to their facilities and a contract specifying your liability. All they answer to is their board of directors or owners. A public facility has a much larger exposure and generally self insures (meaning the taxpayer will foot the bill for damage).
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org