A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:48:52 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Moving - need movers  (Read 4467 times)
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« on: May 18, 2009, 09:19:14 am »

I'm scheduled to move to my new house sometime towards the end of next week, and have had a hard time scheduling movers.  Rather than just picking a name out of the phone book, does anyone here have a recommendation?  I'm moving out of a 1500 square foot house, and it's not exactly full.  I do have a piano.  I've boxed up pretty much everything myself, I just want someone to do the heavy lifting and moving.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 09:48:24 am »

I've used Two Fellas and a Big Vehicle twice before and are engaging their services again the weekend of the 29th:

http://www.2fellas.com/

I've been happy with their care of my furniture and they are very reasonible for local moves.  You might be a bit late though trying to secure something for this weekend.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsa1603
Philanthropist

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 10:00:46 am »

I've used Two Fellas and a Big Vehicle twice before and are engaging their services again the weekend of the 29th:

http://www.2fellas.com/

I've been happy with their care of my furniture and they are very reasonible for local moves.  You might be a bit late though trying to secure something for this weekend.

Yeah, I know, I'm pushing it...  I do have a pretty flexible week, so it could happen pretty much any day...  I'd like it to be the 28th or 29th, but as long as I'm out of my current house before the 1st, I'm fine.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 10:15:28 am »

Maybe we can get a "twofer".  Wink  I've got them for 8am on the 29th not far from you.  Maybe you can get that crew in the afternoon.  Give 'em a call.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 10:56:24 am »

Maybe we can get a "twofer".  Wink  I've got them for 8am on the 29th not far from you.  Maybe you can get that crew in the afternoon.  Give 'em a call.
Yes, call them. We used them for our move (although we got 3 fellas) and they did a good job. Speedy, pleasant enough, didn't break anything or scratch anything up.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Vision 2025
Philanthropist

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 12:42:13 pm »

HOW Foundation, have used the organization for several moves and will again.

Vision 2025 Program Director - know the facts, www.Vision2025.info
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org