A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 04:57:26 pm
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [Rant]  (Read 17799 times)
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« on: May 16, 2009, 05:36:43 pm »

There is something wrong when a guy can walk up to you in a parking lot and hit you before someone else can get between you, make threats on your life, and the lives of your family, and when TPD finally shows up an hour later all they are willing to do is write him a ticket.

[/rant]
« Last Edit: May 16, 2009, 05:40:03 pm by custosnox » Logged
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 06:14:35 pm »

Personal experience or did I miss something in the news?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 08:57:27 pm »

Personal experience or did I miss something in the news?
Something that happened to me today, needed to vent off somewhere.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2009, 11:09:00 am »

Something that happened to me today, needed to vent off somewhere.

If a ticket was issued, his name (and possibly address) is a matter of public record. I strongly urge you to post that information here. Also, sue the sh*t outta him.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2009, 11:18:03 am »

If a ticket was issued, his name (and possibly address) is a matter of public record. I strongly urge you to post that information here. Also, sue the sh*t outta him.
I know his name and where he stays.  He doesn't have an address since his wife kicked em out. And he doesn't have money to sue him for since he spends it all on coke.  Would be nice to take that kind of action but I'm at the point where I don't seem to have any recourse here.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 11:40:51 am »

I know his name and where he stays.  He doesn't have an address since his wife kicked em out. And he doesn't have money to sue him for since he spends it all on coke.  Would be nice to take that kind of action but I'm at the point where I don't seem to have any recourse here.

Well post what information you do have and let's give him some well-deserved public scorn.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Wilbur
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2009, 01:19:20 pm »

What type of recourse are you looking for?  ...... that's legal?
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2009, 07:02:29 am »

I would have been happy if he spent some time in jail.
TeeDub
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2009, 07:46:14 am »

And you didn't press charges for assault why?

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2009, 09:21:37 am »

And you didn't press charges for assault why?

I did, and like I said, all they were willing to do was issue a ticket.  In the end, they wouldn't even do that because the guy wouldn't answer the door.
TeeDub
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 10:14:53 am »

Next time you call the cops tell them you have a gun and you might be forced to use it.

They will be there in mere minutes instead of hours.

Or you could get a CCL and shoot him next time?    This works only if you are in fear of "imminent peril of death or great bodily harm."
http://www.oscn.net/applications/oscn/DeliverDocument.asp?CiteID=69782
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 10:16:35 am »

Next time you call the cops tell them you have a gun and you might be forced to use it.

Or you could get a CCL and shoot him next time?    This works only if you are in fear of "imminent peril of death or great bodily harm."

Then Timmay Harris will charge you with a felony and keep you from ever owning another firearm legally.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2009, 10:29:43 am »

actually, I do have a CCL, just wasn't carrying at this point in time (one of the few times I wasn't). 
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2009, 10:49:16 am »

There is something wrong when a guy can walk up to you in a parking lot and hit you before someone else can get between you, make threats on your life, and the lives of your family, and when TPD finally shows up an hour later all they are willing to do is write him a ticket.

[/rant]

Well by Gawd, How big a boy are ya ?
Sound's like sombody's gonna get their a** whooped !

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Michael71
Civic Leader

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2009, 03:58:48 pm »

Steal his coke!  Ya think he'll report THAT stolen?

--------------------------
"Why be part of the 'brain drain' that gets sucked out of Tulsa...The opportunity IS there, you just gotta make it!!"--Eric Marshall
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org