A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:53:11 pm
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments to go on State Capitol  (Read 181950 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #210 on: April 06, 2015, 01:50:27 pm »

Hell, someone should go rogue and install it "voluntarily" on the capital grounds. No damage to anything else of course, doing so would offend His bending nature, just voluntarily place it somewhere tasteful over night.

Damn, and we cant even manage just one monument.

Snowden cover-up: Unauthorized bust in Brooklyn becomes martyr to cause
http://rt.com/usa/247213-brooklyn-snowden-statue-installed-covered/

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #211 on: June 30, 2015, 11:15:59 am »

Oklahoma's 10 Commandments Must Come Down

http://publicradiotulsa.org/post/oklahomas-10-commandments-must-come-down

The Oklahoma Supreme Court has ruled the 10-Commandments monument must be taken down from the Oklahoma State Capitol grounds. 

The vote was 7-2.

The monument was paid for by Broken Arrow State Representative  Mike Ritze and his family. The five page ruling says monument is religious in nature and therefore violates the Oklahoma Constitution.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #212 on: June 30, 2015, 11:42:17 am »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nXeTsWGPT0w[/youtube]

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #213 on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:14 am »

You think there will be calls by OK legislators to have the OK Supreme Court removed?
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: June 30, 2015, 11:45:56 am »

You think there will be calls by OK legislators to have the OK Supreme Court removed?

You never know.  I don't think we've heard from Sally Kern in a while.  Maybe she's due?

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #215 on: July 01, 2015, 07:31:46 am »

IMPEACH EM!  And neuter that pesky bar association while yer at it.

http://www.newson6.com/story/29450348/lawmakers-call-for-impeachment-after-ok-supreme-court-ruling-on-monument

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #216 on: July 01, 2015, 08:28:21 am »

Reading the decision and the part of the Oklahoma Constitution they cited, I fail to see how this was “judicial activism”.  Couching this as an "historic document” and ignoring it is the foundation of Judeo-Christian beliefs was more likely legislative activism.

The current state of the Oklahoma GOP trying to create a theocracy is just plain embarrassing.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

Re:
« Reply #217 on: July 01, 2015, 10:40:57 am »

The monument served an important purpose. It allowed our legislators to point out their Christian values (and raise campaign funds) while railing against secular humanists, atheists, Muslims, and what-have-you, even though they knew it would eventually have to be removed. Now they get to gnash their teeth and rail again about all of the above (and raise campaign funds from it) in an exercise that is as predictable as it is cynical.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #218 on: July 01, 2015, 12:08:59 pm »

And boom...stupid dumbasses
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: July 02, 2015, 06:29:38 am »

OK Constitution: you can't use State property to directly or indirectly benefit or promote a religion.

Lawmakers: lets use State property to promote our religion. How about a 8' tall monument to our God's greatest commands to his chosen people! Then lets laugh at every other religion that wants a monument.

Court: The Constitution says that you can't do that.

Legislaturs, governor, and attorney general:
Warbiegarble! Dictator! Unlawful activist hacks! How DARE you donykur sworn duty and follow the Constitution.

Let's impeach the justices for refusing to play politics. Then lets unfund the courts, the bar, and anyone else who understands legal principles. Then lets take separation of church and state out of the Constitution and pretend Article 1 of the OK Const. doesn't bootstrap the US Constitution.

Only then can we show the Lord Jesus Christ how much we love him such that hebwont toss us into a first pitnof hell forever.

Amen.

I mean, totally secular historical reference.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #220 on: July 02, 2015, 08:35:02 am »

I miss the Colbert Report

http://thecolbertreport.cc.com/videos/zk7gig/better-know-a-district---georgia-s-8th---lynn-westmoreland-update

patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #221 on: July 06, 2015, 10:01:27 pm »

Now state GOP lawmakers are threatening to retaliate by removing American Indian artwork in the Capitol and State Supreme Court buildings because they are "religious in nature".

Republican State Rep. John Paul Jordan also told Huffington Post the court decision might be applied to people who have purchased health insurance under "Obamacare" who receive health care at religious hospitals.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/07/07/oklahoma-ten-commandments_n_7747278.html

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 10:17:52 pm by patric » Logged

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #222 on: July 07, 2015, 06:05:21 am »

Is this the "offender?"
http://www.arts.ok.gov/Art_at_the_Capitol/Capitol_Collection.php?c=cac&awid=7

I refuse to believe our legislature is that stupid.

The alternative is that our legislature is the same as an obnoxious child throwing a fit in Walmart.

Not sure which is better.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

« Reply #223 on: July 07, 2015, 06:35:29 am »

Is this the "offender?"
http://www.arts.ok.gov/Art_at_the_Capitol/Capitol_Collection.php?c=cac&awid=7

I refuse to believe our legislature is that stupid.

The alternative is that our legislature is the same as an obnoxious child throwing a fit in Walmart.

Not sure which is better.

Our legislature has been *that* stupid for a while now...

carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #224 on: July 07, 2015, 08:56:06 am »

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org