A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 11:12:27 pm
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments to go on State Capitol  (Read 183130 times)
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #195 on: October 28, 2014, 10:09:51 am »

Local boy goes nuts. He was first reported from Roland. It's since been updated that he is from right here in Bixby. Urinating, fighting, spitting, destroying. He is quite the fine example of Green Country madness. Spark on Spartan!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/staff/bixby-man-accused-of-destroying-ten-commandments-monument-also-jailed/article_5cdbabbb-623f-5023-a6ad-cf6e4c02053e.html

So how did he drive his car up some stairs and across the lawn, stop at the monument, get out and pee on it, get back in and drive over it, in front of at least one video camera, and no one notice?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #196 on: October 28, 2014, 11:43:09 am »

So how did he drive his car up some stairs and across the lawn, stop at the monument, get out and pee on it, get back in and drive over it, in front of at least one video camera, and no one notice?

Everyone's used to Sally Kern doing the same thing.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #197 on: October 28, 2014, 01:23:48 pm »

Everyone's used to Sally Kern doing the same thing.

I haven't seen a picture of Sally for a while....do you mean she now looks like this guy, since no one could tell the difference on the security video?   Wouldn't surprise me....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #198 on: January 08, 2015, 12:39:41 pm »

and it's fixed

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #199 on: January 08, 2015, 01:05:31 pm »

SB14, introduced on Monday, is The  Bill of Rights Monument Placement Act. 

But we have a moratorium on new monuments.  Other than a new Ten Commandments Monument. And the Bill of Rights Monument.

What's that Hindus?  No, no.  We still have a moratorium on on your ridiculous little thing.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #200 on: January 09, 2015, 05:32:33 pm »

SB14, introduced on Monday, is The  Bill of Rights Monument Placement Act. 

But we have a moratorium on new monuments.  Other than a new Ten Commandments Monument. And the Bill of Rights Monument.

What's that Hindus?  No, no.  We still have a moratorium on on your ridiculous little thing.

Workers began installing the new monument at Capitol on Thursday morning.
“No state workers are involved,” said John Estus, a spokesman for the Office of Management and Enterprise Services. “We were informed they would install it today.”

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/capitol_report/ten-commandments-monument-reinstalled-on-capitol-grounds/article_ba8aff63-af86-55ce-bb28-7c3c049669a3.html

Oh, that's the catch?   
That should simplify matters for all the other religions seeking equal representation... just hire somebody off of Craigslist and go do it. 

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #201 on: January 09, 2015, 06:06:42 pm »

Done!  I will work to pay for the installation of the Pastafarian monument. Couldn't be more than a a few hundred bucks to have it installed and there is space immediately flanking the (protestant) 10 Commandments.

Hell, someone should go rogue and install it "voluntarily" on the capital grounds. No damage to anything else of course, doing so would offend His bending nature, just voluntarily place it somewhere tasteful over night.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
patric
T-Town Elder

« Reply #202 on: January 09, 2015, 06:47:01 pm »

Done!  I will work to pay for the installation of the Pastafarian monument. Couldn't be more than a a few hundred bucks to have it installed and there is space immediately flanking the (protestant) 10 Commandments.

Hell, someone should go rogue and install it "voluntarily" on the capital grounds. No damage to anything else of course, doing so would offend His bending nature, just voluntarily place it somewhere tasteful over night.

I guess once you "inform" the Office of Management and Enterprise Services your crew is on their way, it's as right as rain.   Grin

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #203 on: January 11, 2015, 10:23:06 pm »

I would contribute to that.  Just to maintain the 'contrary'....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Ibanez
City Father

« Reply #204 on: January 12, 2015, 04:11:47 pm »

A guy I work with is talking about doing a Kickstarter to fund a Jedi monument. Seems just as valid as the others so why not??
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #205 on: January 13, 2015, 12:19:35 pm »

A guy I work with is talking about doing a Kickstarter to fund a Jedi monument. Seems just as valid as the others so why not??

This might fly

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #206 on: January 13, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

According to the New Zealand census, there are more members of the Jedi Church than Assembly of God or Jehovah's Witnesses. In the UK they report 2% Church of the Jedi.

http://www.jedichurch.org/

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #207 on: January 13, 2015, 02:26:15 pm »

This might fly

Jesus was a Jedi, it all makes sense now.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #208 on: January 13, 2015, 03:05:14 pm »

This might fly

He looks quite regal with a light sabre.  Perhaps history would have been re-written if he’d possessed such a thing when the Roman Guard came for him.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #209 on: January 13, 2015, 03:38:59 pm »

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org