A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:53 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments to go on State Capitol  (Read 182012 times)
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: October 24, 2014, 11:09:23 pm »

But on the other hand, I'm disappointed that it wasn't a drunk Owasso cheerleader this time. We're slipping out here in the suburbs.

It's tough to stay #1.  The cities try harder.

Grin

Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #181 on: October 24, 2014, 11:14:29 pm »

I like all the people really mad that a religious symbol was vandalized, when they JUST had the 10 Commandments declared a secural monument.

Minor details.

Grin

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: October 24, 2014, 11:31:53 pm »

I'm wondering if copious amounts of alcohol make one better able to hear Satan. But on the other hand, I'm disappointed that it wasn't a drunk Owasso cheerleader this time. We're slipping out here in the suburbs.

I smoked enough dope one time about 30 years ago, I swore Satan was talking to me. I reminded a friend of mine at my HS reunion a few weeks back. He said: "Hey we proved to ourselves you couldn't OD on pot that night,". I think it took a few days to get my voice back after that stunt.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #183 on: October 25, 2014, 02:56:37 am »

Oklahoma leads in mental illness so that's somethin...

I thought Oklahoma lead in this......

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #184 on: October 25, 2014, 02:59:12 am »

I'm wondering if copious amounts of alcohol make one better able to hear Satan. But on the other hand, I'm disappointed that it wasn't a drunk Owasso cheerleader this time. We're slipping out here in the suburbs.

I will say this, that in my younger years after consuming a large amount of Jack Daniel's, instead of an angel on one shoulder and a devil on the other, I swear they were both devils.
BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #185 on: October 25, 2014, 07:35:22 am »

Also worth noting that the man was told to destroy the monument by Satan.  While I don't believe in mystical bad men... The people who put up the monument do.  So isn't his explanation plausible?  God wanted a monument, Satan didn't.  Logic!

Jesus and God talk to people.   The thought of Satan talking to people is just crazy talk.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #186 on: October 25, 2014, 10:04:52 am »

It was an actual Satanist.

Somehow I suspect that if they had asked him if he were Al Qaeda or the Queen of England he would have said yes to those, too.

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
sauerkraut
City Father

I Conquered The 2013 -2015 Polar Bear Plunge!!

« Reply #187 on: October 25, 2014, 01:25:44 pm »

They can put the 10 commandments back and make it stronger and better, use a heavy cement foundation footing  built  5 feet or so above the ground and put the commandments on top of that or just craved into the heavy cement- they will last forever then.

Proud Global  Warming Deiner! Earth Is Getting Colder NOT Warmer!
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: October 25, 2014, 01:34:00 pm »

They can put the 10 commandments back and make it stronger and better, use a heavy cement foundation footing  built  5 feet or so above the ground and put the commandments on top of that or just craved into the heavy cement- they will last forever then.

How about instead of the big Indian we get a 21 story Charlton Heston as Moses holding the tablets. Light it up with neon. Make it real nice.

dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #189 on: October 25, 2014, 02:12:31 pm »

How about instead of the big Indian we get a 21 story Charlton Heston as Moses holding the tablets. Light it up with neon. Make it real nice.

Build it on the highest point and have it face west towards the giant cross in Groom TX.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #190 on: October 25, 2014, 03:15:42 pm »

Jesus and God talk to people.   The thought of Satan talking to people is just crazy talk.

Who knew satanists had such a supportive following in Tulsa.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #191 on: October 25, 2014, 04:34:42 pm »

Lasers,
with sharks...

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: October 26, 2014, 11:28:17 pm »

Except that would be illegal.... 

Oh, that's right....

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #193 on: October 27, 2014, 09:20:33 am »

Coming Friday, to a neighborhood near you....!!

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1545238462283697&fref=nf

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #194 on: October 28, 2014, 07:24:05 am »

Local boy goes nuts. He was first reported from Roland. It's since been updated that he is from right here in Bixby. Urinating, fighting, spitting, destroying. He is quite the fine example of Green Country madness. Spark on Spartan!

http://www.tulsaworld.com/staff/bixby-man-accused-of-destroying-ten-commandments-monument-also-jailed/article_5cdbabbb-623f-5023-a6ad-cf6e4c02053e.html

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org