A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:07:16 pm
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments to go on State Capitol  (Read 181960 times)
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #165 on: October 24, 2014, 09:23:26 am »

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #166 on: October 24, 2014, 09:27:19 am »

I hate reviving such an old topic, but it fits here...

Looks like someone didn't take too kindly to The Word being on the State Capitol grounds.  Or maybe it was just an accident.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/oklahoma-city-ten-commandments-monument-crumbles-when-vehicle-plows-into-statue

Wonder if they found a brick taped to the gas pedal...

Now, if it was privately funded, is it really state property?

An investigation is underway by the Oklahoma Highway Patrol into the "malicious destruction of state property," according to OHP spokesman Capt. George Brown.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
DolfanBob
City Father

« Reply #167 on: October 24, 2014, 09:45:23 am »

It could have been avoided if the Satanic statue had been there to block for it.  Grin

Changing opinions one mistake at a time.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #168 on: October 24, 2014, 09:59:51 am »

It could have been avoided if the Satanic statue had been there to block for it.  Grin

Probably wont happen now.  Think of the tourism that would have drawn!   Grin

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #169 on: October 24, 2014, 11:10:27 am »

This AND Honey Boo Boo?

Hell in a hand basket...
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #170 on: October 24, 2014, 11:12:39 am »

This AND Honey Boo Boo?

Hell in a hand basket...

The Black Mass did it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #171 on: October 24, 2014, 03:26:23 pm »

The Black Mass did it.

It was an actual Satanist.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/disputed-oklahoma-ten-commandments-statue-smashed-26427963

Unbelievable. When this dumb state couldn't get any stranger, it suddenly does. 
dbacksfan 2.0
City Father

« Reply #172 on: October 24, 2014, 03:51:13 pm »

It was an actual Satanist.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/disputed-oklahoma-ten-commandments-statue-smashed-26427963

Unbelievable. When this dumb state couldn't get any stranger, it suddenly does. 

I just, ah, just ah, I got nothin.........
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #173 on: October 24, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »

I just, ah, just ah, I got nothin.........

Oklahoma leads in mental illness so that's somethin...
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #174 on: October 24, 2014, 04:25:28 pm »

Oklahoma leads in mental illness so that's somethin...

Maybe we can finally be 1st in something instead of 2nd or 3rd.

Grin

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #175 on: October 24, 2014, 07:13:10 pm »

Don't like something, just destroy it. It's freakin hilarious.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #176 on: October 24, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »

I like all the people really mad that a religious symbol was vandalized, when they JUST had the 10 Commandments declared a secural monument.  Its almost like they just made crap up to insert their religious views over others.  It is the most intellectually dishonest display I've seen in a long time.

How will Oklahoman's now remember not to covet thy neighbor's manservant?

Too had we have a moratorium on monuments...  No way they allow a single monument, deny other religious monuments, and them create an exemption to the moratorium to install a new monument representing the state religion of Oklahoma.  Nope.  I simply can't imagine such a thing happening as it would CLEARLY show that the moratorium is a ploy to repress other religions.

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is a good ole fashioned liar.

Also worth noting that the man was told to destroy the monument by Satan.  While I don't believe in mystical bad men... The people who put up the monument do.  So isn't his explanation plausible?  God wanted a monument, Satan didn't.  Logic!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #177 on: October 24, 2014, 08:44:53 pm »

https://www.ok.gov/dcs/searchdocs/app/manage_documents.php?id=1015

That is the link to the 12/19/2013 meeting in question that placed the moratorium in place.  Officially, there is a "Moratorium on Consideration of All Monument Requests."

Bets that this is reinterpreted to be moratorium on consideration of all monuments requests that aren't the ten commandments?  Remember, the justification was that because of the lawsuit the proper course of action is no action.  POOF!  That justification has already been laughed at by Fallin...

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #178 on: October 24, 2014, 08:45:29 pm »

I like all the people really mad that a religious symbol was vandalized, when they JUST had the 10 Commandments declared a secural monument.  Its almost like they just made crap up to insert their religious views over others.  It is the most intellectually dishonest display I've seen in a long time.

How will Oklahoman's now remember not to covet thy neighbor's manservant?

Too had we have a moratorium on monuments...  No way they allow a single monument, deny other religious monuments, and them create an exemption to the moratorium to install a new monument representing the state religion of Oklahoma.  Nope.  I simply can't imagine such a thing happening as it would CLEARLY show that the moratorium is a ploy to repress other religions.

The one thing that pisses me off more than anything is a good ole fashioned liar.

Also worth noting that the man was told to destroy the monument by Satan.  While I don't believe in mystical bad men... The people who put up the monument do.  So isn't his explanation plausible?  God wanted a monument, Satan didn't.  Logic!

But you have a very covetable manservant!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Ed W
City Father

« Reply #179 on: October 24, 2014, 09:31:55 pm »

I'm wondering if copious amounts of alcohol make one better able to hear Satan. But on the other hand, I'm disappointed that it wasn't a drunk Owasso cheerleader this time. We're slipping out here in the suburbs.

Ed

May you live in interesting times.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org