A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:58:36 am
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 10 Commandments to go on State Capitol  (Read 182010 times)
shadows
City Father

« Reply #150 on: January 18, 2013, 03:32:00 pm »

Seems among us the soap boxes have been revived as again we have created government as a superficial person who prey on the common citizen.  The words “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union………………….”and old Ben is to have said “I smell a rat and went home.”  There was no intent to use the convention to establish a dictatorship but only to form a state’s leadership council,  As by the nature of the species and their arrogance before ink had dried, held in executive session behind guarded doors, acting as a new council of states, establish a dictatorship.  The state representatives, it seems not wanting to take the document back to the state houses, left it in the building until some time later before submitting it.

Oklahoma, after trading it to the Native Americans, then taking it back, giving it to them twice more and taking it back; applied to join the State’s leadership council at the beginning of the 1900’s

Now the 10 commandments of the laws of Moses seems to be driving posters to drink while the Native Americans are collecting from Okie’s restitution for their promised lands.         

Today we stand in ecstasy and view that we build today’
Tomorrow we will enter into the plea to have it torn away.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #151 on: January 18, 2013, 03:39:21 pm »

Seems among us the soap boxes have been revived as again we have created government as a superficial person who prey on the common citizen.  The words “We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union………………….”and old Ben is to have said “I smell a rat and went home.”  There was no intent to use the convention to establish a dictatorship but only to form a state’s leadership council,  As by the nature of the species and their arrogance before ink had dried, held in executive session behind guarded doors, acting as a new council of states, establish a dictatorship.  The state representatives, it seems not wanting to take the document back to the state houses, left it in the building until some time later before submitting it.

Oklahoma, after trading it to the Native Americans, then taking it back, giving it to them twice more and taking it back; applied to join the State’s leadership council at the beginning of the 1900’s

Now the 10 commandments of the laws of Moses seems to be driving posters to drink while the Native Americans are collecting from Okie’s restitution for their promised lands.         

Aren't you supposed to be saying this in a quatrain?
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #152 on: January 18, 2013, 03:46:56 pm »

In the year 3072, the writings of Shadows will have their own Discovery Channel special.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #153 on: January 19, 2013, 08:29:05 am »

That post actually has a thread of a thought throughout...it's just difficult to pull it out, so I guess it is a sort of a quatrain.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #154 on: January 20, 2013, 08:58:40 pm »

To snipe a random point: 

Fear is the driving force in Abrahamic religions.  If you don't do what you are told you will pay.  If you do what you are told you may still have a crappy life but once it can no longer be verified (death) it will be better. 

The "big three" are among very few religions that instill the notion that they are THE right religion and the fear that if you don't believe that you will be punished.  A great case can be made that some modern Christian tenants tried to change that - but rarely do Christians frame beliefs as making Jesus happy or gaining rewards.  Generally the real fear is being viewed by others as outside the heard in some way.

Which is why we need so badly to show everyone how Christian we are but placing Idols on the capital grounds.  Look!  We love Jesus more than you! We have a monument.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »

In view of the nations gathering as sheaves of the harvest that burn, there are presently available the final button that will consume this planet.  So there is available the igniter to reduce all to a dark place in space.

Whether this man called Jesus was as he claimed or a fugitive from an insane asylum he has promoted many religions and changed much of outlook of the races as well as the face of the earth.  His failure was being unable to convince the living to live in peace.

The number of people that witnessed the many marvels gives strong credence to the performances.  Still among us there will always be the Thomas’s.

The constitution was signed paying reverence to a creator, still we cry “take it away” from the promised lands when we make a tablet showing morality.     

Next we will have to deal with the home keeper by nature as we open up the war combat zones to them. (I though they were doing quite well domestically)

Mother, mother can you say

Has not your task been done?

Beside the gun his mother lay

Being unconscious of her son.

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #156 on: January 27, 2013, 06:54:18 pm »

The constitution was signed paying reverence to a creator, still we cry “take it away” from the promised lands when we make a tablet showing morality.     

No, it wasn't. 
shadows
City Father

« Reply #157 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:41 pm »

No, it wasn't. 

Which is wrong.

“….in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred….”

“…. honor thy father and mother.…”

custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #158 on: January 27, 2013, 09:22:48 pm »

Which is wrong.

“….in the year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred….”

“…. honor thy father and mother.…”

Year of our lord was in reference to the commonly used Gregorian calender, not paying reverence to a creator.  But please, don't let facts invade your delusions.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #159 on: January 27, 2013, 09:51:13 pm »

Year of our lord was in reference to the commonly used Gregorian calender, not paying reverence to a creator.  But please, don't let facts invade your delusions.

I have a couple of rare coins dated 12 BC if anyone is interested.

BKDotCom
City Father

« Reply #160 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:17 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tz3EEqtcJME[/youtube]
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 10:57:44 pm by BKDotCom » Logged
Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #161 on: January 28, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »

Assuming you are referring to the calendar Pope Gregory Xlll of the church of Rome designed and the use of  “Lord” does not refer to the creator but some alien.

I have some $50 dollar coins printed by the off shore islands that they say have a value $4,1625.00, in the bank deposit box.   

I stay away from off shore islands.  They are not my favorite variety of island.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
shadows
City Father

« Reply #162 on: January 28, 2013, 04:07:09 pm »

___Assuming you are referring to the calendar Pope Gregory Xlll of the church of Rome designed and the use of  “Lord” does not refer to the creator but some alien.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 04:18:13 pm by shadows » Logged

heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #163 on: January 28, 2013, 05:35:17 pm »

I have a couple of rare coins dated 12 BC if anyone is interested.

Those will be collector's items someday!!

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #164 on: October 24, 2014, 09:19:33 am »

I hate reviving such an old topic, but it fits here...

Looks like someone didn't take too kindly to The Word being on the State Capitol grounds.  Or maybe it was just an accident.

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local-news/oklahoma-city-ten-commandments-monument-crumbles-when-vehicle-plows-into-statue

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 24   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org