A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 01:24:12 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets talk pizza  (Read 36760 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2009, 03:30:58 pm »

LOL, actually, I think Townsend IS from New Jersey.

Old joke:

The difference between garbage and Jersey girls?  The garbage gets taken out every now and then. 

I suspect the angry, ugly white women will start protesting me now.

I am indeed.

It's made fun of as much as Oklahoma is but for different reasons.

No potato on hotdogs and never "texas weiners" though.
restored2x
Disgraced - AGAIN!
Civic Leader

Marble steps - Charm City

« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2009, 03:35:01 pm »

I am indeed.

It's made fun of as much as Oklahoma is but for different reasons.

No potato on hotdogs and never "texas weiners" though.

Oh crap!
No offense.
I meant that in the best way possible... (another old Jersey joke)

Townsend, have you seen this? http://www.unwind.com/jokes-funnies/locality/jersey.shtml

My favorite: You might be from Jersey if... * You once said, "It smells like New York in here."
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: June 17, 2009, 03:46:17 pm »

Oh crap!
No offense.
I meant that in the best way possible... (another old Jersey joke)

Townsend, have you seen this? http://www.unwind.com/jokes-funnies/locality/jersey.shtml

My favorite: You might be from Jersey if... * You once said, "It smells like New York in here."

Oh man, no worries.  There is alot to be made fun of. 

The spray on tan guido's and their ladies are way creepy...though fun to party with in Vegas.

I'm lucky, I'm Scottish so I come off as more normal.
billstickers
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2009, 10:11:12 am »

the pie hole is no longer offering their lunch special - personal size pizza with drink.  i think they may have changed ownership recently.  anyone know?
Ihearttacos
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2009, 09:25:30 am »

the pie hole is no longer offering their lunch special - personal size pizza with drink.  i think they may have changed ownership recently.  anyone know?

Pie Hole changed ownership in 2008, bought by Andy Park, a seasoned Pie Hole Pizzeria delivery guy. 

I didn't know they no longer offered the lunch special, but to be fair the personal pizza special was a better option before they served slices.  We would go through dozens of those little pizzas and when we started slices the mini size dropped off significantly.  Really the only personal orders were made for the specialty pizzas that had too many toppings or if they wanted a sauce other than the red, as that is the only option on the slices.  The other problem I found with the personal pizzas vs. sliced was the amount of time it took to make and bake. 
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 09:27:21 am by Ihearttacos » Logged
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2009, 10:27:28 am »

Pie Hole changed ownership in 2008, bought by Andy Park, a seasoned Pie Hole Pizzeria delivery guy. 

I didn't know they no longer offered the lunch special, but to be fair the personal pizza special was a better option before they served slices.  We would go through dozens of those little pizzas and when we started slices the mini size dropped off significantly.  Really the only personal orders were made for the specialty pizzas that had too many toppings or if they wanted a sauce other than the red, as that is the only option on the slices.  The other problem I found with the personal pizzas vs. sliced was the amount of time it took to make and bake. 

Hmm, that's funny, I think Joe Momma's wound up doing the exact opposite.  Grizzle or Blake will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said pizza by the slice was slowing down lunches too much so they started doing personal pizzas.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2009, 11:36:06 am »

Hmm, that's funny, I think Joe Momma's wound up doing the exact opposite.  Grizzle or Blake will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe they said pizza by the slice was slowing down lunches too much so they started doing personal pizzas.

They did. It was mainly a logistics issue.

You go some place like pie hole, one person walks up and orders two slices. You go someplace like JoeMomma's that same patron orders two slices while his girlfriend orders pasta, a friend orders a sandwich and two coworkers split a medium. That means that they need to cook all that other food and hope slices are available when the other food gets ready.  It's easy to see on the computer when someone orders a pepperoni that you need to cook a pepperoni, but when you have 7 people across 5 orders each getting 1 or 2 slices, it's hard to keep the pizzas made. JoeMomma's doesn't have shelves of hotplates like Mazzios or a warming oven to accommodate for overcooking so if they cook too many, the money goes in the drain. Not to mention, at JM, the same two guys who come in an order 2 slices of pepperoni each could've just ordered a small pepperoni and saved $ and the pizza would be out in 10 minutes or so.

It all comes down to a restaurant's focus, facilities, and customer base.
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2009, 02:48:59 pm »

They did. It was mainly a logistics issue.

You go some place like pie hole, one person walks up and orders two slices. You go someplace like JoeMomma's that same patron orders two slices while his girlfriend orders pasta, a friend orders a sandwich and two coworkers split a medium. That means that they need to cook all that other food and hope slices are available when the other food gets ready.  It's easy to see on the computer when someone orders a pepperoni that you need to cook a pepperoni, but when you have 7 people across 5 orders each getting 1 or 2 slices, it's hard to keep the pizzas made. JoeMomma's doesn't have shelves of hotplates like Mazzios or a warming oven to accommodate for overcooking so if they cook too many, the money goes in the drain. Not to mention, at JM, the same two guys who come in an order 2 slices of pepperoni each could've just ordered a small pepperoni and saved $ and the pizza would be out in 10 minutes or so.

It all comes down to a restaurant's focus, facilities, and customer base.

What makes you such an expert? Oh. Wait. Nevermind.  Roll Eyes
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2009, 03:04:45 pm »

Yep, MAJOR investor in JM's.

Where's your DH playing this week?

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
AngieB
Proud Westsider
City Father

« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2009, 05:55:13 pm »

Yep, MAJOR investor in JM's.

Where's your DH playing this week?

The Hunt Club, Friday and Saturday nights. I think they're gonna have a regular twice a month gig there.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #70 on: August 05, 2009, 08:44:53 am »

At this rate,  if Blake got hit by a bus, they would probably call me to fill in.

Speaking of, Happy Hour tonight at Joe Momma's!
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: August 05, 2009, 09:08:26 am »

At this rate,  if Blake got hit by a bus, they would probably call me to fill in.

Speaking of, Happy Hour tonight at Joe Momma's!

Is there a reason we have the happy hours on Weds. nights always?  I either bike or row usually on Weds.  You don't want me getting into unhealthy habits, now do you?

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #72 on: August 05, 2009, 09:28:29 am »

Is there a reason we have the happy hours on Weds. nights always?  I either bike or row usually on Weds.  You don't want me getting into unhealthy habits, now do you?

Sounds like either way, no chance of you driving home drunk.. ha!

Wednesday is usually the most open day, not much going on elsewhere.
mrsgrizzle
Citizen

« Reply #73 on: August 05, 2009, 10:49:58 am »

Hey now, don't mess with the Wednesdays - I'm off work and have a babysitting on Wednesday nights...and as a bonus, next month my birthday is on the Happy Hour night.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: August 05, 2009, 11:07:08 am »

Hey now, don't mess with the Wednesdays - I'm off work and have a babysitting on Wednesday nights...and as a bonus, next month my birthday is on the Happy Hour night.

Well, I can't miss that one, then.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org