A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 03:10:11 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets talk pizza  (Read 37002 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2009, 12:38:23 pm »

Give Joe Momma some points for showing class in acknowledging other pizzeria's.

They are all "connected wise guys". They will probably break my kneecaps for saying so.

Power is nothing till you use it.
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2009, 03:06:20 pm »

Give Joe Momma some points for showing class in acknowledging other pizzeria's.

Mr JMB is all class in my book.
Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 03:31:40 pm »

I don't see the appeal to Savastano's earth crust sized pizzas.  Guess it's just me but, come on.. a mountain hill of cheese and grease??? Shudder.

For take out, Papa Muprhy's is awesome! 3 locations to boot (according to Yahoo, I just go to the BA one)
Tulsa: 111th and Memorial
Broken Arrow:81st and Aspen (145th)
Owasso: 86th and Olive (129th)

Their prices were/are really rock bottom, but it looks like they're starting to curtail the coupons and raise the prices a a bit Sad

Try all of their "De Lite" thin crusts Smiley

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 05:24:03 pm »

I don't see the appeal to Savastano's earth crust sized pizzas.  Guess it's just me but, come on.. a mountain hill of cheese and grease??? Shudder.

For take out, Papa Muprhy's is awesome! 3 locations to boot (according to Yahoo, I just go to the BA one)

Their prices were/are really rock bottom, but it looks like they're starting to curtail the coupons and raise the prices a a bit Sad

Good call.
I have written about the quality of Papa Murphy's before. The one in Bixby is within walking distance from my house and I have made that trek on several occasions.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 07:49:25 pm »

You can save a lot of money if you don't cook the food. McDonalds should follow in their steps.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2009, 07:37:15 am »

You can save a lot of money if you don't cook the food. McDonalds should follow in their steps.

lol big time.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
Danny
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2009, 01:18:21 pm »

51st & sheridan now also
In2neon
Citizen

« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2009, 05:48:42 pm »

Well, have you tried it....
I have!
Bring on the crust/cheese/grease/meat....

Mike 01Hawk
Civic Leader

Peace be with you

« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2009, 08:39:26 pm »

Yes I have... twice Sad
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #39 on: May 20, 2009, 08:37:27 am »

Savastanos.

I know he probably won't answer me, but I'm going there tonight for a 'Meet and Greet' with the new coach of the Tulsa Oilers.

What do any of you (yes, you included Gweed if you're so inclined to respond to me) suggest as a first meal there?  This will be my first time, and I'm more of a Napoli's kind of Italian eater, not necessarily a huge pizza fan although I LOVE Napoli's Stromboli.  I don't want anything real heavy (I know, difficult for Italian eateries).

Thanks.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
naenae42day
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2009, 11:14:29 am »

The take and bake Papa Murphy's is AWESOME.  We have had them for years in Oregon, glad to see them catching on here.  $12 for a family size. 

Tried Savastanos last weekend after a concert.  Service was HORRID.  But the pizza was decent.  We ordered 2 chicago style, and 2 regular.  The deep dish was cold, but even so...was still really good.

I am gonna chalk that visit up to chance, and try it again.

The garlic knots from Andolini's are the BEST! 
Kashmir
Civic Leader

"My name is Talking Tina and I think I hate you"

« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2009, 11:35:18 am »

I'm hitting up La Roma tonight...any tips?  I haven't  been there before.

Pie Hole is excellent but I usually ask for minimal cheese and it never seems to compute  and the past couple times the pizza has been downright burnt on the bottom...not pizza oven spotty char, but black on most of the bottom.

I admit I have been haunting Papa Murphy's lately becaue they have a low-carb thin and I can stand here and monitor the cheese.

Joe Mamma's...Yes, YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mazzios...well, who grew up around here on school pizza parties with Mazzios?  After sports game buffets?  They definitely were a part of growing up.

Marios, yay

A guilty pleasure for me used to be those yummy sausage calzones at Simple Simon's with lots of alpine sauce.  Ah, to be in college again!!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2009, 11:38:15 am »

Umberto's for dinner last night.

Had leftovers for lunch.

Dig the thin crust.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2009, 11:43:23 am »

Umberto's for dinner last night.

Had leftovers for lunch.

Dig the thin crust.

Did you get garlic knots? 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2009, 11:44:20 am »

Did you get garlic knots? 

Nah, digesting just fine.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org