A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:20:39 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Local Table  (Read 3098 times)
jne
Philanthropist

« on: May 06, 2009, 09:18:45 am »

I went to the Cinco de Mayo dinner last night and was very impressed.  I've never quite understood the relationship, but this restaurant is kin to Biga and Bodean's. The main chef, Tuck, didn't do this one.  It was deferred to a proper Latino chef from the same kitchens.  However we did get to hear the New Englander trying to pronounce a few things in Spanish, which is always entertaining.  This was the first price fixed dinner I've done there.  It was $30 a person - great value.  Here's how it went down.

Fresh squeezed margarita and a tostada

2 tacos (lengua) and  Carta Blanca

Pozole rojo and Bohemia (my favorite Mexican beer by far)

Minty delicious flan

Note:  I drank way more than I expected and realized on the way home that I accidentally tipped half of what I meant to! (luckily we had 2 tickets at the table and she didn't get too screwed) So just in case my server comes across this - I will come back and make it right.  She took great care of us!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2009, 01:17:05 pm by jne » Logged

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
Ihearttacos
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 10:45:00 am »

I really enjoy this restaurant and all the fresh ideas/flavors they offer.
Including 1/2 priced wine on Sundays, I really need to take more advantage of this deal.

Thanks Local Table
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org