A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:19:06 am
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center  (Read 93311 times)
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #210 on: January 09, 2010, 03:06:36 pm »

I have a meeting with the developers on Friday. I will ask and post what I hear.

How was the meeting?
bacjz00
Civic Leader

« Reply #211 on: February 01, 2010, 12:41:23 pm »

The silence on this project continues to worry me.  Should I not be worried?

FOTD
« Reply #212 on: February 01, 2010, 12:52:05 pm »

Banks aren't lending.

Project needs a Daddy.
dsjeffries
« Reply #213 on: February 01, 2010, 02:46:49 pm »

Last I heard, TDA was still dragging its feet. Someone light a fire under them!
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #214 on: February 01, 2010, 03:42:54 pm »

Last I heard, TDA was still dragging its feet. Someone light a fire under them!

I've heard that as well.  They are also causing problems for two other projects I know of.

Edited to add that they may not be the only thing holding up the projects but they're not helping.  This information is also second hand.
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2010, 02:18:20 pm »

It seems to be moving ahead:

Tulsa downtown development contract on agenda
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100304_11_0_Itappe699753

Updated Today:
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=334&articleid=20100305_11_A11_Thisar87512

« Last Edit: March 05, 2010, 02:20:43 pm by stageidea » Logged

sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2010, 03:05:55 pm »

Woohoo!

Most notable quote of the story:
The project was first unveiled to the authority nearly a year ago.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2010, 08:59:51 pm »

Has anyone ever worked with the tda and said they encouraged, aided, or did aqnything to help development?  All I've ever heard is how they hinder, complicate, and discourage development.

Also, 1/3 of the world comments are clamoring for more surface parking,  where would one park during events to get a ticket?  Walkable and "parking parking parking" do not go together.  Dolts.

But I am nearing my stage of tulsa development where I really hope I don't get let down.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Rico
« Reply #218 on: March 05, 2010, 06:38:10 pm »

Woohoo!

Most notable quote of the story:
The project was first unveiled to the authority nearly a year ago.

There must be an adequate amount of time to allow for graft.

I believe it is in the "Mission Statement, and the "Bylaws" of the TDA.

Or............ just possibly the the "true citizens" of Tulsa would benefit by taking the bite at the apple from the Development group. and yes... I do realize that is highly unlikely in the Town of Tulsa.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #219 on: March 11, 2010, 03:00:38 pm »

http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story/Downtown-Tulsa-mixed-use-development-confirmed/4EWQBkkvnk6QWJgMyLliOA.cspx

It even still says "underground parking".

The City of Tulsa has confirmed a mixed-use development will go forward at 3rd & S. Denver.  Much of the block east of the BOK Center is currently used for parking.

The Tulsa Development Authority voted in favor of a $1.5 million contract with developers, One Place LLC

The project currently includes urban residential apartments and town lofts, a 120-room Hilton branded hotel and restaurant, commercial office and/or retail space and underground parking.

Mayor Bartlett said in a news release Thursday morning, "This development is great news for the City of Tulsa, as it will help create jobs, bring in new sales tax revenues and provide housing that is needed downtown.

"With the BOK Center just steps away, the mixed-use development will be another selling point we can use to secure conventions, conferences and more entertainment opportunities within our city."   

SXSW
City Father

« Reply #220 on: March 11, 2010, 03:12:55 pm »

Does anyone know who the architect is for this project?

stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #221 on: March 12, 2010, 10:07:22 am »

I haven't seen anything on the architect yet.  But three different pictures so far..

From KJRH

From GTRNEWS

From TulsaWorld

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #222 on: March 12, 2010, 11:00:20 am »

I haven't seen anything on the architect yet.  But three different pictures so far..

From KJRH

From GTRNEWS

From TulsaWorld

All from different architects/planners.  It will look nothing like the above.  Haven't heard anything about moving the PSO lines from beneath the development, without that agreement there will be no underground parking.  There is a 12' change in grade so it may be possible to have an above/below ground parking structure, but some mighty power lines dissect this thing, and it would take millions of dollars to move them. 

I'd like this thing to work, but none of the plans seem realistic yet.  There will be surface parking and it will need to be significant to support the offering.  With the struggle of the current restaurant and commercial offerings surrounding the BOK, I would assume the investors may be getting cold feet.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
stageidea
Civic Leader

« Reply #223 on: March 12, 2010, 11:35:37 am »

So are the power lines currently underground at least when I look at google maps (certainly out of date) it looks like there is only lines above for lighting.   

Gaspar
T-Town Elder

Connoisseur of fine bacon.

« Reply #224 on: March 12, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »

So are the power lines currently underground at least when I look at google maps (certainly out of date) it looks like there is only lines above for lighting.   

Directly below, running N-S down the existing alley.  Large PSO feeder line.  I understand that it's the backbone of the DT grid.

When attacked by a mob of clowns, always go for the juggler.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org