A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:49:22 am
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center  (Read 93756 times)
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2009, 10:29:28 pm »

I believe it was approved today by the TDA. The agenda does not reflect the action, but I heard it was passed.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Oil Capital
City Father

« Reply #181 on: October 16, 2009, 08:11:34 am »

I believe it was approved today by the TDA. The agenda does not reflect the action, but I heard it was passed.

Can they legally approve something like that if it's not on the agenda?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #182 on: October 16, 2009, 08:15:58 am »

I have no idea what the TDA does that is legal or helpful.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2009, 08:37:12 am »

I have no idea what the TDA does that is legal or helpful.

Quip of the day!

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #184 on: October 16, 2009, 10:33:38 am »

Can they legally approve something like that if it's not on the agenda?

It has to be on the agenda.  Does he mean it wasn't on the agenda, or the agenda item doesn't indicate the final action taken?

RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #185 on: October 16, 2009, 11:15:43 am »

from the TulsaWorld online...

http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20091016_11_0_hrimgs447975&rss_lnk=11

Tulsa downtown One Place project progressing

By BRIAN BARBER World Staff Writer
Published: 10/16/2009 

A $38 million mixed-use project called One Place featuring a hotel, residences, retail space and entertainment venues across the street from the BOK Center is finally moving forward.

The Tulsa Development Authority this week accepted a $1.5 million offer from One Development LLC for the prime piece of property at Third Street and Denver Avenue downtown.

TDA member Carl Bracy said that although the land was recently appraised at $2.4 million, the authority decided to accept the offer because it is a cash deal and because of the project’s ability to move forward. “We’ve been looking for the right fit for that land for some time,” he said. 'I really think this is going to be something special.”

The principal of One Development is Bob Eggleston and Hank Pellegrini has a financial interest in the project. Pellegrini is the son-in-law of Bill Lobeck, the husband of Mayor Kathy Taylor.

Check back at tulsaworld.com for updates on this story.

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #186 on: October 16, 2009, 11:21:54 am »

Holy crap! +1 to the TDA. 

They are apparently doing their job. Woot!

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #187 on: October 16, 2009, 12:15:19 pm »

Holy crap! +1 to the TDA. 

They are apparently doing their job. Woot!

TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #188 on: October 16, 2009, 12:58:43 pm »

Kewl, good news for that area and the arena.  I wanna see new renderings  Smiley.  And whats their projected timelines for the project now?

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #189 on: October 16, 2009, 01:09:53 pm »

Wasn't Eggleston the Vision Builder's project manager for the BOK Center? 

Too bad we banned Friendly Bear.  I'd love to hear his pedantic take on the mayor's son-in-law getting this property for $900K back of appraisal.  Personally, I don't have a problem with it if they have the grip to get something built and generating revenue and sales taxes and the property isn't going to sit fallow for years and years.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2009, 01:22:34 pm by Conan71 » Logged

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #190 on: October 16, 2009, 01:23:10 pm »

Wasn't Eggleston the Vision Builder's project manager for the BOK Center? 

Too bad we banned Friendly Bear.  I'd love to hear his pedantic take on the mayor's son-in-law getting this property for $900K back of appraisal.  Personally, I don't have a problem with it if they have the grip to get something built and generating revenue and sales taxes and the property isn't going to sit fallow for years and years.

Yes, Ben Edwards (who was #2 on the BOK center) is also part of that group.
FOTD
« Reply #191 on: October 16, 2009, 01:44:00 pm »

FOTD will pick up for FB....
The oligarchy at work. Bet these "developers" got a free look see, screening off of other buyers, and a loan from BOK when they refuse to loan on real estate development at this time.

Perhaps, the old YMCA building will be their competition. Who will step forward to redevelop that Y site?

And then there's old city hall....Move the Feds, the county courts and the library to the YMCA site. They would make a good GSA structured lease and make the financing easy for a developer based on the credit worthiness of the guarantor. Then shove the post office over to outside 244 somewhere west. Another decent build to suit for a private developer. That would free up all the land between BOK and the civic center.

This first piece now under contract relieves this land locked situation.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #192 on: October 16, 2009, 02:03:19 pm »

Do they have the Towerview property too or is that the next thing?
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #193 on: October 16, 2009, 02:17:31 pm »

Do they have the Towerview property too or is that the next thing?

The private properties were already under contract.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #194 on: October 16, 2009, 03:11:02 pm »

Too bad we banned Friendly Bear. 

You can read his comments (every day on almost every story) on the TulsaWorld.com website. He posts under the name "Webmeister".

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org