A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:57:33 pm
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: $38 million development being proposed across from BOK Center  (Read 93320 times)
brianh
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2009, 10:01:11 am »

5th picture down, that little patio area several floors up in the hotel that has trees on it.  That would probably be a really popular area for parties downtown.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:03:01 am by brianh » Logged
AVERAGE JOE
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2009, 10:27:30 am »

I knew I'd seen that rendering somewhere before. This is the Heavenly Hospitality project, recycled from 2006. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Anyone know how this group came into ownership of these plans/renderings? Bought the concept? This group is proposing a Hilton instead of a Westin.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:29:25 am by AVERAGE JOE » Logged
DowntownNow
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2009, 11:14:53 am »

Wow Average, you're right...good memory.  Minus a few floors on the hotel portion of the rendering, thats it exactly.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #63 on: May 07, 2009, 11:16:56 am »

I knew I'd seen that rendering somewhere before. This is the Heavenly Hospitality project, recycled from 2006. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. Anyone know how this group came into ownership of these plans/renderings? Bought the concept? This group is proposing a Hilton instead of a Westin.

I noticed that too, except for the hotel being smaller. If you look at the birds eye view of the new one, you can see how the hotel slants too far down to the north, as if its leaning, from when they cropped off the top of the old version and moved it down without changing the perspective.  Wink
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 11:24:40 am by TheArtist » Logged

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #64 on: May 07, 2009, 11:57:53 am »

The images are the same, but details in the concept seem to be different.  But DAMN good catch.

The authority began soliciting proposals in June for the 58,000-square-foot site, on Denver Avenue between Second and Third streets. It is asking for the fair market value of nearly $1.6 million.

So the price tag is back to where it was .

And I still like the project.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #65 on: May 07, 2009, 12:19:12 pm »

RecycleMichael will be extremely pleased!  Actually, he was the one telling us a nice big development plan was about to be put forth, so maybe he had a personal hand in making sure the project used recycled development plans instead of wasting the huge carbon footprint of developing a new one Wink

Only teasing..

But for real, as far as the price of the real estate, possibly selling for less than was offered a year ago, I don't really give a damn.  At this point, I'd rather just see the development actually start.   Take a loss, I don't care, just get something started.

Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #66 on: May 07, 2009, 12:57:58 pm »

Very impressive. 
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: May 07, 2009, 02:12:59 pm »

RecycleMichael will be extremely pleased! 

But for real, as far as the price of the real estate, possibly selling for less than was offered a year ago, I don't really give a damn.  At this point, I'd rather just see the development actually start.   Take a loss, I don't care, just get something started.

$1.5 million offer in 2009 versus $1.6 million offer in 2006 from two different prospects.

Sounds like the fair market value to me.

Power is nothing till you use it.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: May 07, 2009, 02:32:29 pm »

$1.5 million offer in 2009 versus $1.6 million offer in 2006 from two different prospects.

Sounds like the fair market value to me.

Not to mention the economy has crashed since then.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #69 on: May 07, 2009, 02:53:07 pm »

looks like it's been approved
http://www.kjrh.com/news/local/story/TDA-approves-downtown-development-plan/Zc_gA88YIkCZo6TjCRKzog.cspx

A downtown development proposal won approval from the Tulsa Development Authority Thursday morning.

Bob Eggleston, the former construction director for the BOK Center, is proposing a $ 38-million development which would include a hotel, residences, retail space and entertainment venues to be built just across Denver from the BOK Center.

The "One Place" development proposal calls for a 120-room Hilton "urban" hotel, a hotel restaurant, residential flats and lofts and potentially an underground parking structure.

There could also be a bookstore, a coffee shop, maybe a sports-theme restaurant and a courtyard that could be converted into a skating rink in the winter.

Eggleston says the goal is to keep people in the downtown area before and even after events are over.

Already some local and national restaurants and businesses have expressed interest to be a part of the space.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: May 07, 2009, 03:02:11 pm »

I hope hope hope it turns out the way it sounds.

The "potentially an underground parking structure" sounds like more surface parking to me.   I'd love to be wrong.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #71 on: May 07, 2009, 03:13:58 pm »

Not completely approved. They have agreed to a 21 day negotiating period.

Sometimes things go bad with TDA. I don't expect this one to, but history says otherwise.

Please TDA...negotiate in good faith.

Power is nothing till you use it.
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #72 on: May 07, 2009, 03:18:32 pm »

I hope hope hope it turns out the way it sounds.

The "potentially an underground parking structure" sounds like more surface parking to me.   I'd love to be wrong.

That square block is too small to make any kind of surface parking a viable alternative to the development.  As it stands right now there are barely two-hundred parking spaces in that lot, if that.

It will be interesting for sure.  The lot slopes downhill at what I would say is about a 6 percent grade from east to west (downhill toward the arena).  Will make for an interesting looking complex.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #73 on: May 07, 2009, 04:35:34 pm »

Not completely approved. They have agreed to a 21 day negotiating period.

Sometimes things go bad with TDA. I don't expect this one to, but history says otherwise.

Please TDA...negotiate in good faith.

Don't want to get all tin-foil-hat here, but I'm concerned about pressure from the mayor's office re: stifling hotel competition adjacent to the Old City Hall site.  We all know that bringing in a hotel development to that block is a pet project of the mayor's office.  And we've seen them push TDA around before. 
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: May 07, 2009, 04:56:41 pm »

Naaa, imo I think she would want this to go through. It could actually only help get something on the old city hall site. This hotel is quite small and from what I recall, "statistically" we still need a lot more if we are going to be competitive in the convention market. We could still use that big, new, flashy, tall hotel type development. This is just another small one added to the Mayo and Atlas Life Hotel options. Plus this development upgrades the desirability of the entire area making it all the more attractive and marketable for whoever would consider the old city hall site. My theory anyway lol

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org