A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 03:45:08 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Leena's Mediterranean  (Read 10508 times)
TulsaPride
« on: May 05, 2009, 02:21:05 pm »

Ate at Leena's over the weekend. I must say this place gives you your moneys worth. I tried the chicken kabobs, cabbage salad and hummus. All were excellent! It's fairly new and is located in the old Panera bread location at Woodland Hills. Has anyone else been to Leena's
Gold
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2009, 02:57:18 pm »

I tried it last week and I'll go back.  I know some who have annointed it the best in town for Mediterranean food, but I need a couple of more visits (I'm a big fan of Shawkat's and the Cedars).  The guy making sandwiches and wraps at night also works at Pythian Deli downtown, long a favorite of mine.

Leena's has a pretty impressive menu and a lot of of little things that other places don't.  Lots of salads.  I was sort of overwhelmed, honestly.  I had a gyro, but should have gone for the kafta.  I got sort of befuddled reading the menu and went with the first thing I saw.  It definitely has potential.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2009, 03:33:28 pm »

That's pretty high praise mentioning it in the same sentence as Shawkats.  Anyone know if Dena's is doing very well?  I tried it a couple of times after Halim and Mimi retired and it just was not the same.   Might have been my attitude, might have been the food.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 03:58:38 pm »

Dena's is doing OK, I think.  I like that he is open later.  I've heard many make the exact same comments as you, Conan.  I think the food is exactly the same.  It's not totally crazy at lunch anymore.

Mind you, I'm not quite ready to compare Leena's to Shawkats.  I have relatives who already say it is the best in town and that everything else sucks.  I need to go back and check it out a few more times.  It's promising.

It reminds me of a place you might find in Deerborn, like a mini-La Shish, or sort of the Pei Wei to La Shish's PF Chang's, if that makes any sense.  Good way to judge it: a lot of folks of Mediterranean ancestery were eating there.
TheArtist
T-Town Elder

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 06:21:55 pm »

Woodland Hills? Havent been to that part of town in ages. That place still open?  Tongue

"When you only have two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other."-Chinese proverb. "Arts a staple. Like bread or wine or a warm coat in winter. Those who think it is a luxury have only a fragment of a mind. Mans spirit grows hungry for art in the same way h
joiei
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »

so where is it located?

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 06:00:42 am »

so where is it located?

See first post, it's in the old Panera location at Woodland Hills Mall. (Upper Level next to sears, but you can get to it from outside I believe)
KayakCook
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 12:35:46 am »

I went there couple days ago, the have some rotating thing with beef called "Scwarma" or so, looks like Gyros, but its steak meat, I tried a sandwich, it was impressive. I also had a cup of carrot juice...its like drinking a carrot! Grin
FOTD
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 03:47:02 pm »

Good recommendation! Long hours...open until mid night Friday and Saturday....11 other nights.

Loved the fresh tabooli...wonderful fresh food! Up there with Mimi's!

Too bad you downtowners and midtowners are way far away....

Patrick
Activist

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 09:39:03 am »

My wife and I went Saturday evening.  We both ordered dinner platters that included a few choices from the wide variety of sides plus choice of meat.  The food was good.  The hummus was excellent.  The tabouli was okay.  The prices were outrageous though, especially for an order/pay at the counter/get your own refill establishment.  And while I certainly enjoy music in the background, the volume didn't need to be at '11' (for the Spinal Tap fans)...

We shared the same sentiment while leaving - the food was good but next time we would probably spend our money elsewhere.  I will, however, try it again for lunch someday if I am in the area.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2009, 12:11:59 pm »

Well I was thinking of heading over there until I found out that aox has been there and dooshed it all up.  Cheesy

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
FOTD
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2009, 01:36:32 pm »

Well I was thinking of heading over there until I found out that aox has been there and dooshed it all up.  Cheesy

Good for me...no Guidoedoes at Leena's!
Cherish
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2009, 07:32:10 pm »

Definitely hitting this place up as I will be moving across the street from Woodland Hills Mall.
Cherish
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2009, 03:12:34 pm »

Went there and the food was decent wouldn't say it was the best.  I'll have to hit up other Mediterranean and Lebanese food places.  I must say the East Coast has spoiled my taste buds when it comes to certain types of foods around here.  Undecided
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »

Went there and the food was decent wouldn't say it was the best.  I'll have to hit up other Mediterranean and Lebanese food places.  I must say the East Coast has spoiled my taste buds when it comes to certain types of foods around here.  Undecided

Can't remember the name of the place now, but there is a Mediterranean rest. at the NE corner of 31st/Garnett that I went to fairly recently.  It's at the east side of the complex next to Radio Shack.  I'm sure someone will help me out here...

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org