A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:25:40 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Janet Jackson's boob is still bouncing about the courts  (Read 6211 times)
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« on: May 04, 2009, 12:15:43 pm »

I like boobs but seriously, shouldn't there be a time limit on FCC mental retardation?

"WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Supreme Court on Monday ordered a federal appeals court to re-examine its ruling in favor of CBS Corp. in a legal fight over entertainer Janet Jackson's wardrobe malfunction.

The high court on Monday directed the 3rd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Philadelphia to consider reinstating the $550,000 fine that the Federal Communications Commission imposed on CBS over Jackson's breast-baring performance at the 2004 Super Bowl."

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_SCOTUS_FCC_JANET_JACKSON?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2009, 12:31:59 pm »

Stupid.

The act was stupid.  The fine was stupid.  The FCC is stupid.  The GIANT fight over this is stupid. The fact that Americans are so uptight is stupid.

My only real problem with it was the timing.  Everyone watches the Super Bowl.  Everyone knows it was on purpose (get naked by the end of this song . . .).  Everyone knows it was on purpose and every normal person knows that flashing a tit (with or without nipple pasty) is in poor taste.

But in perspective, $500,000 is about 10 seconds of ad revenue from the Super Bowl.  The Network should accept the fine and sue Jackson for restitution.  You have to operate under the laws (rules) that exist, THEN work to change them.  Not break them and then complain.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
RecycleMichael
truth teller
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 12:46:22 pm »

I think the sentence should include showing more boobs. CBS has some fine looking women on their shows, especially on their soaps. Anybody up for the Boob and the Beautiful?

Power is nothing till you use it.
patric
T-Town Elder

These Aren't the Droids You're Looking For

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2009, 01:43:04 pm »

Was that a boob or a Borg implant?

"Tulsa will lay off police and firemen before we will cut back on unnecessarily wasteful streetlights."  -- March 18, 2009 TulsaNow Forum
carltonplace
Historic Artifact
City Father

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2009, 02:00:34 pm »

I like boobs but seriously, shouldn't there be a time limit on FCC mental retardation?

If you like boobs then you would get along great with the ones at the FCC.

This is an oxymoron: FCC mental retardation
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2009, 03:01:00 pm »

If you like boobs then you would get along great with the ones at the FCC.

This is an oxymoron: FCC mental retardation
I thought it would be more of a redundancy...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org