A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 06:01:31 am
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Little Chicago Pizza on 11th and Pittsburgh(between Harvard and yale)  (Read 15768 times)
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« on: May 02, 2009, 12:43:16 pm »

Me and a couple of other people went to this place a few days ago and ordered a couple of large deep dish pizzas.I was thinking we should have ordered some cheese bread sticks while we were waiting for our pizzas. But as soon as they brought the first pizza out I knew we were using a couple of to go boxes. A couple of slices and your full. It was truly one of those your eyes are are bigger than your stomach moments when ordering the pizza. From what they told us they deliver within a 2 mile radius.

Little Chicago Pizza
4003 e. 11th st
836-2100

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 02:03:18 pm »

Very good pies. I've been several times since they opened. And 2 slice max, it will fill you up quick.

nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 03:06:51 pm »

I'm going to have to remember this place next time I get a hankering for pizza. If only one could get a menu online.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 06:15:27 pm »

New spot for a forum lunch?

Do they have enough seating?
orion
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:11:03 pm »

they have enough seating..it is the old Mcdonalds at 11/pittsburgh..don't serve beer though..
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 09:07:09 pm »

they have enough seating..it is the old Mcdonalds at 11/pittsburgh..don't serve beer though..

Hopefully that won't be much of an issue at lunchtime.
jamesrage
Philanthropist

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2009, 10:55:10 am »

I'm going to have to remember this place next time I get a hankering for pizza. If only one could get a menu online.

I do not know if they have a online menu but I did get a copy of their menu. I do not have a scanner. So I just type out what the pizzas cost.

Toppings-

Cheese, pepperoni, Italian sausage, Hamburger, sausage, canadian bacon, pineapple, jalapeno, green peppers, bacon, onions, black olives, green olives, mushrooms, chicken

single topping pizzas
12.99 for a 14 inch
10.99 for a 12 inch
8.99 for a 10 inch
 .75 for each additional topping

Specialty pizzas are Meat Extreme, Super Extreme, Bacon Cheeseburger and taco. From what I understood from their menu in the restruraunt the prices are reflected by the number of toppings on the pizza.

Lunch buffet Sun-Fri 11Am-1:30 PM 5.75

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2009, 01:09:12 pm »

I do not know if they have a online menu but I did get a copy of their menu. I do not have a scanner. So I just type out what the pizzas cost.
Thanks! Grin

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
joiei
City Father

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 04:42:58 pm »

I had a deep dish from there the other night,  the filling was tasty but the crust was not great, doughy and dull tasting.  Mostly I scrapped the topping off and threw away the crust.  I will go back to Savastano's.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
jmhuntin
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 12:05:41 am »

Is their deep dish as "deep" as Savastano's?  Savastano's seems to be the only deep dish in town that is similar to what I've eaten in Chicago.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 07:20:32 am »

I’ve been there. I love Chicago style pizza and while this is Chicago style, it’s pretty mediocre. The toppings and sauce are ok but the crust is just plain bad, way too thick and doughy. And the service is worse than the pizza. And worse than the service is the location. It’s a closed McDonalds that they did nothing to redo and it’s not particularly clean. Little Chicago is a complete Fail. I was really hoping for more based on what people have posted here. I won’t be going back.

We need better Chicago style pizza.  I like Savistano’s, but it’s not great. Savistano’s is far too in love with Fennel and they really don’t balance the amount of cheese with sauce well and that’s really important in a deep dish pizza. If I wanted to gnaw on a block of cheese I don’t need to order a pizza to do that. That said, it’s 10x better than Little Chicago.

Neither place can touch Mario’s, Umberto’s, Pie Hole, or Joe Mammas and my actual personal preference is Chicago style over New York.
Patrick
Activist

« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2009, 04:04:31 pm »

My wife and I went last night.  We thoroughly enjoyed the pizza.  The atmosphere is as described by others and comparable to NYC Pizza.  I can't say it is the best Chicago-style pizza in the world as I have no comparable.  But it was really good.  A small fed the two of us plus a piece to take home.
orion
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 06:30:52 pm »

Sorry to see that Little Chicago is out of business..bummer as  yet another mom and pop has hit the skids..I just noticed this past week that Adwon has the property up for lease again. I don't any details at all..but can only assume they left after lease cuz I think they opened up about the same time last year..anybody have any details?
YoungTulsan
City Father

« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 09:55:00 pm »

Didn't seem like the best location.  Pizza places have to crank out pretty high volume to keep in business.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 12:18:20 pm »

It was never busy when I went in and they didn't seem to generate a lot of consistent buzz like Savastano's, Mario's, Umberto's, Pie Hole, etc. ad nauseum.  I hate to see them go, just not one of those places I thought of very often and it seemed kind of lost amongst the 11th St. car lots.  Maybe it would have worked better a little further to the west.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org