A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:01:19 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Chicken fried steak????????  (Read 34253 times)
joiei
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 29, 2009, 01:33:14 pm »

Caz's Chowhouse
Charlestons (for a chain to offset Texas Roadhouse)

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2009, 01:53:05 pm »

I'm sorry, I cannot contribute to this thread in any positive way.  I used to love CFS, then ate some at a little diner in southern lousiana.  It was so good CFS has been ruined for me ever sense.  Even made my mom mad the next time I had some of hers and told her that sorry, still didn't compair.....  Maybe I'll try a few suggested here just to see if I can find a flavor for it again.
joiei
City Father

« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2009, 04:49:43 pm »

I'm sorry, I cannot contribute to this thread in any positive way.  I used to love CFS, then ate some at a little diner in southern lousiana.  It was so good CFS has been ruined for me ever sense.  Even made my mom mad the next time I had some of hers and told her that sorry, still didn't compair.....  Maybe I'll try a few suggested here just to see if I can find a flavor for it again.
Where at?  I will be down that way in a couple of weeks.

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2009, 05:29:19 pm »

I can't remember the name of the place, though I would know it as soon as I saw it.  It was in a town named Houma.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2009, 05:59:37 pm »

Caz's Chowhouse
Charlestons (for a chain to offset Texas Roadhouse)

I forgot about Caz's, that's lunch and dinner, it's freaking huge.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 07:32:48 am »

Caz's CFS is full of FAIL everytime I've had it. Had less flavor than what my elementary cafeteria served.
PepePeru
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:40 am »

I'll 2nd Charleston's & Bros. Houligan

...of all days to bring a salad for lunch.

Grin
rwarn17588
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2009, 08:35:29 am »

It's a bit of a drive, but one of the best chicken-fried steaks I've ever had was in the little town of Fairfax, in an old place called Jump's.
Gold
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2009, 09:24:51 am »

I can't remember the name of the place, though I would know it as soon as I saw it.  It was in a town named Houma.

Pics or it didn't happen.  Wink
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2009, 09:52:14 am »

Pics or it didn't happen.  Wink

lol I'll make sure I get the google sat image and post it when I get home... if I can find it that way.  That town had a street layout that would confuse anyone.
Nik
Philanthropist

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2009, 10:01:18 am »

+1 for Bros. Houligan.
Renaissance
City Father

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2009, 10:41:46 am »

No one has mentioned Tally's yet.  I love that CFS--dry flour batter with black pepper.  Mashed potatoes and peas on the side please, and I don't save room for pie; I make room for pie.
OSU
Activist

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2009, 07:17:23 pm »

Well tonight I went to Shiloh's for the first time just to try to chicken fried steak and it didn't live up to the billing. I still think both Brother's Hooligan and Goldie's make a better CFS, however I will keep going back to Shiloh's to find something I like because the rolls and bread pudding were so good. I would have to say my all-time favorite CFS was had at a small restaurant in Kayenta, AZ it was amazing.

Breadburner
City Father

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2009, 08:28:16 pm »

The Black-Eyed Pea had a really good one back in the day.....

Danny
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2009, 03:29:40 pm »

Shilohs for me, although, it is not as good as it was when they first opened, new cook? something changed it, but its still good.

My alltime favorite is still Nelsons, I miss that place, and I hope the rumor is true, that it will come back in some form, but they have to get those 2 old men that worked the line, wouldnt be the same without them.

"C'mon, whatcha gonna eat, you waitin on me? you backin up."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org