A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:56:00 pm
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Chicken fried steak????????  (Read 34392 times)
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #45 on: July 06, 2009, 04:08:40 pm »

swake...made me laugh HARD! Jimmie's Egg...pluheeeze! I agree...........pass! I would much rather have a pancake sadwich from QT;much rather.

joiei
City Father

« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 09:10:38 am »

I enjoyed the CFS on the brunch menu at Lucky's this past Sunday. 

It's hard being a Diamond in a rhinestone world.
Quinton
Activist

« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 02:55:46 pm »

I read Nelsons is opening next week on 3rd st. between peoria and utica at an old resturant.

Liberalism is a mental disorder
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2009, 11:26:25 am »

Thanks to Gold for the tip they were in fact open.  We ate there for lunch today.  That's the "for real" (f'real) Nelson's CFS.  They are doing the buffeteria line then you find your table.  We got there about 11:45 and were out of there in less than 30 minutes.  I saw people from all walks of life there. 

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2009, 05:33:35 pm »

I was there again today. Good stuff.  They are working out the kinks with service, be nice and try to sit in the front room.  Nelson's wife was there. 
MH2010
Philanthropist

« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2009, 12:12:48 pm »

Went to Nelson's for breakfast this morning. the Chicken Fry Steak was incredble. Just like I remembered it!
jwcoopusa
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 03:41:55 pm »

I was one of the great fans of the place.  Went at least twice a week up until the end.  And through my line of work, I sort of saw the inside scoop of what happened in the end.  Part of Tulsa seemed to die for me that summer.

So for us newbys to the Tulsa area, what was the deal with the place?  We bought a place out toward Porter and like to get in to Tulsa some nights just to experience the town.  History - good and bad - of an area is always interesting and enticing.

And good chickenfry is a positive in our minds.

-jwcusa-
Cherish
« Reply #52 on: July 21, 2009, 01:02:01 am »

I went to KFC and got a $1.99 Chicken Fried Steak...so in this economy and the fact that I'm a college student.  KFC had the best Chicken Fried Steak LOL, unless other restaurants can compete with that price I'm in it to win it...alrightttt giggity!
waterboy
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2009, 05:54:49 am »

The food was good at Nelson's. The people who were regulars could be quite irritating though. I went a few times but got tired of suffering through Fox on the tube and hearing people blurt out political sneers as though we were all of the same stripe. The CFS was good and though I was not downtown enough to be a regular, I have to admit it was true blue downtown Tulsa (from the fifties).
GG
Philanthropist

« Reply #54 on: July 29, 2009, 07:58:30 pm »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed49S2nyBD0[/youtube]

Trust but verify
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org