A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:54:02 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Chicken fried steak????????  (Read 34397 times)
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2009, 06:13:09 pm »

Well, went to Twin Peaks today for lunch for the first time.  I have never seen a place (including D&B's) so crowded for lunch, even in the semi-heavy rain.

I had the Country Club sandwich with their 'fire fries'.  Not bad.  The bread at wasn't toaster toasted, it had a bit of butter and was seared, so the bread looked a little like French Toast without the egg on it.  The fries aren't bad but reminded me of a steakhouse with Tony Chachare's seasoning on it.

But, then again, you don't go for the food to that place.  Right?

And is it me, or has the 'tramp stamp' gone out of fashion?  I am noticing fewer and fewer of these girls donning the lower back tat, although our server had one that was so low on the front of her hip I could just make out the top of it over the shorts...

Grin

Better than Hooters, where the girls there are made to wear those ridiculous flesh colored pantyhose with their shorts...

While at Twin Peaks, though, I felt a little like I was watching a real-life Lil' Abner comic strip.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:15:12 pm by Hoss » Logged

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
mjchamplin
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2009, 08:08:14 am »

Brothers Houligan for me. Though this thread makes me think I need to try some other places, too.

Caz's CFS never did it for me. Not bad...just underwhelming. Sadly I've felt this way most of the times I've been to Caz's lately.
jne
Philanthropist

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2009, 09:55:30 am »

+1 Bros. Houligan  - I think we have a winner.

Vote for the two party system!
-one one Friday and one on Saturday.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2009, 10:04:20 am »

Guy Fieri from Diners, Drive-ins, Dives profiled Clanton's in Vinita (yes, its a bit of a drive) and thought their CFS was "off the hook" or something. I've been there and agree. In Tulsa, I vote Brothers Hooligan.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
zenmechanic
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2009, 01:39:16 pm »

Three pages and not one mention of the CFS from the Metro Diner?

Best CFS in town.

Rumor is that the owner of the Metro Diner now operates the Quizno's on 13th and Harvard.  Someone needs to get it and post it online.

rwarn17588
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2009, 01:55:00 pm »

Three pages and not one mention of the CFS from the Metro Diner?

Best CFS in town.

I think folks are inclined to post about chicken-fried steaks from restaurants that are actually operating.
Gold
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2009, 02:03:32 pm »

Metro sucked.  I know not a person with a clue that mourned it leaving.  Seriously, they were waiting to be bought out.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2009, 02:39:17 pm »

Metro sucked.  I know not a person with a clue that mourned it leaving.  Seriously, they were waiting to be bought out.

Back in the old days when the Davis family (U.S. Beef/Arby's) owned it, the food was worth a crap.  CFS and Monte Cristo were worth eating.  The menu suffered after they sold it, but it had the proximity to TU and Rte. 66 tourism going for it even though it wasn't an "authentic" Rte. 66 relic.

Their breakfast fare wasn't too bad right before it closed, but it's pretty hard to screw up eggs, toast, & sausage.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Gold
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2009, 03:26:53 pm »

Probably right on.  I remember it being much more popular about a decade or longer before it closed.  But it was getting rough.  After every trip I'd ask why I went. 

I do recall watching a fight for gas break out at the QT across the street on 9/11.  When my old girlfriend and I started making fun of the sight, our waitress informed us that they were coming after Tulsa next.  I never quite looked at the place the same again.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2009, 08:10:21 am »

Probably right on.  I remember it being much more popular about a decade or longer before it closed.  But it was getting rough.  After every trip I'd ask why I went. 

I do recall watching a fight for gas break out at the QT across the street on 9/11.  When my old girlfriend and I started making fun of the sight, our waitress informed us that they were coming after Tulsa next.  I never quite looked at the place the same again.

And that waitress is probably having sex with our resident troofer buddy, alt, now.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2009, 09:26:39 am »

And that waitress is probably having sex with our resident troofer buddy, alt, now.

Well thanks a sh%tload for that mental image.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 07:41:10 am »

Hate to say it but I tried it, and the CFS at Twin Peaks is definitely in my top 3.
swake
T-Town Elder

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 11:13:30 am »

Their breakfast fare wasn't too bad right before it closed, but it's pretty hard to screw up eggs, toast, & sausage.

You obviously haven't been to Jimmy's Egg
dbacks fan
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 11:45:18 am »

I would have to say my all-time favorite CFS was had at a small restaurant in Kayenta, AZ it was amazing.

If you remember the name of the place let me know. My wife and I try to take weekend trips around AZ and that's an easy drive. It's about a 4 hour drive from where we live, or if we go to Flagstaff for a weekend it's only a couple of hours. And that also puts you just south of Monument Valley. Food and photo op, what a combination.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 12:54:39 pm »

You obviously haven't been to Jimmy's Egg

Really? I've never had a bad breakfast there.  I'm not a regular, but prolly 3-4 times a year either here or OKC, never a problem. 

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org