A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 08:35:45 pm
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apartment near TU  (Read 12674 times)
kylieosu
Civic Leader

« Reply #30 on: April 29, 2009, 11:17:53 am »

Vintage on Yale and Lincoln Park are a good ways from TU, especially in morning/evening traffic.

Woodland Oaks is quite a bit farther from TU than Lincoln Park is....
cjmcinty
« Reply #31 on: April 29, 2009, 12:23:07 pm »

Woodland Oaks is quite a bit farther from TU than Lincoln Park is....

using google maps i have the following driving times from each apartment to TU:

the vintage on yale: 18 minutes
westport on the river: 9 minutes
woodland oaks: 16 minutes
lincoln park: 9 minutes
renaissance uptown: 8 minutes
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2009, 01:37:11 pm »

The drive times are realistic for non-rush hour.  That's one thing about Tulsa, our idea of congestion would be a breeze in somewhere like Dallas, Houston, or LA.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 29, 2009, 01:45:42 pm »

+1

Google drive times will be accurate 90% of the time.  The 10% would be rush hour (call it 7:30 - 8:30 and 4:45 - 5:45), accidents, or events.  Do the roads in areas get crowded during peak use?  Yes they do.  But most days you won't have to wait at the same red light twice.  People who complain about traffic clearly don't get to congested cities much.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 01:59:52 pm »

One word of warning about Yale though- if you get caught at the red light leaving the vintage at 81st, chances are, you wind up in red light hell until 31st St.  There are many intermediate stop lights between the major thoroughfares along Yale.  It sucks getting caught at every single one of them.  Especially on a 100 degree day on a motorcycle.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 03:15:37 pm »

One word of warning about Yale though- if you get caught at the red light leaving the vintage at 81st, chances are, you wind up in red light hell until 31st St.  There are many intermediate stop lights between the major thoroughfares along Yale.  It sucks getting caught at every single one of them.  Especially on a 100 degree day on a motorcycle.

I'm guessing you're familiar with Houston a bit from your earlier response, Conan....it is light hell in that stretch of Yale, but not like Westheimer in Houston is from 610 out to Gessner....ack!  About every two blocks was a light!  and Westheimer was the first arterial street I ever saw that was 8 lanes.

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2009, 04:09:16 pm »

I'm guessing you're familiar with Houston a bit from your earlier response, Conan....it is light hell in that stretch of Yale, but not like Westheimer in Houston is from 610 out to Gessner....ack!  About every two blocks was a light!  and Westheimer was the first arterial street I ever saw that was 8 lanes.

Westheimer, now there's a Houston rendition of Hell.

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org