A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:27:50 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: First Street Music Hall (Blank Slate) closes...  (Read 2251 times)
OpenYourEyesTulsa
Civic Leader

« on: April 30, 2009, 03:21:15 pm »

http://www.tulsaworld.com/spot/article.aspx?subjectid=269&articleid=20090430_269_0_Severa498235&archive=yes

It is weird that they just suddenly shut down and want to move to Peoria.  Seems like it would hurt their reputation.
FOTD
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 03:33:18 pm »

Not with their musicians....

No pay, no stay....too many tickets chasing too few dollars.

* 7859680_m.gif (44.46 KB - downloaded 306 times.)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 04:29:39 pm »

Wayne the Vain (or pain) had to move...*sniffle*.  We've booked him before, he's a pain in the arse.

I don't know that I agree so much with you on this particular venue being a victim to too many artists/venues and not enough $$.  Wayne has never drawn  much more than 100 people in Tulsa.  Acts that follow pretty much the same rockabilly/indie/college circuit don't draw more than 100 to 150 people in Tulsa and never have.  There's a reason they usually book at the Merc, Unit D or other 100 to 150 person venue. 

Teegarden and Martinson obviously aren't looking for high-volume type acts if they are moving to Kay Rahal's old place.  Something's up with Sager, either these guys were dead-beating him or he's got a better deal in the works.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
tulsascoot
Civic Leader

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 04:56:53 pm »

That space has never been a very good venue. Plus, it's too much. Trying to keep al those rooms going just doesn't work, at least not for long.

At any rate, I hope they call the old Eclipse, Eclipse. I used to love that place even if it was a dirty dive run by a jerk. That will be a great revival of an old Tulsa stand by.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org