A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:40:32 pm
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nicest Restaurant in Tulsa?  (Read 12229 times)
SXSW
City Father

« on: April 26, 2009, 11:30:59 pm »

Curious what everyone thinks is the "nicest" restaurant in Tulsa?  I'll throw out a few I would consider but, IMO, Tulsa does not have one place that really stands out as being exceptional.

Mahogany
Bodean's
Palace Cafe
Polo Grill
Chalkboard
Warren Duck Club
French Hen
Michael Fusco's? (I haven't been to the new location, is it as good as the old one?)
Huh

cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 08:53:36 am »

Add to that list the Brassiere.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Gold
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 08:56:47 am »

Polo is pretty exceptional.  Many cities don't have a place comprable to that.

Stonehorse is pretty awesome.  It's not as "foo-foo" as Polo, but they do a great job.

If by "nice," you mean a place that is unbelievably expensive, by say New York or London standards, no, we don't have that.  That doesn't mean the food isn't high end or that it isn't comparable.

I call shenanigans . . .
buckeye
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 09:47:08 am »

Polo Grill didn't impress me much.

Brasserie and Stone Horse are excellent, however. 
SXSW
City Father

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 10:43:09 am »

Don't get me wrong, I think Tulsa has lots of fantastic restaurants.  But is there one that absolutely stands above the rest?  A Tulsa institution of sorts?

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 10:49:40 am »

Mahogany's comes up on everyone's short list

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
brianh
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 10:52:19 am »

All our good restaurants are gone.  We used to have a Kodiak out on 71st and Memorial and a Godfathers Pizza somewhere around 41st street.  Grin  I put my vote in for Bodean's out of the ones listed though or possibly the Sushi Train out of the ones that aren't.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 12:28:03 pm »

I just wish I could even afford to eat somewhere that cost more then $10 a person, but that's how it goes sometimes so I'll just pass on what has been told to me.  A co-worker had some training meetings at the ambassador, and the company paid for lunch at chalkboard.  He raved about the place for a couple of days.  Keep in mind this guy is from NY, so I'm thinking that counts for something.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 01:47:15 pm »

Hooters, Twin Peaks, and that place on the 35th block of South Sheridan.

Seriously, Mahogany's. Get the combo appetizer and prime cowboy rib-eye.

Menu:  http://www.mahoganyprime.com/menu.php

Sorry cust.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
HazMatCFO
Civic Leader

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 09:15:25 pm »

I've been to Chalkboard and Polo Grill. Both very good.

Look forward to dinner at Bodean's in the near future.
cannon_fodder
All around good guy.
T-Town Elder

« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2009, 08:32:49 am »

For whatever reason the Polo Grill just didn't really strike me as something special.  Maybe I was pissed that lunch was $30.  I dunno.

Chalkboard was pretty good.  I had the Wellington and it was a bit on the slimy side.  But overall the experience was really nice.

Bodean's is always good seafood.  THOUGH, if you are out for simple sea food you can get the same things cheaper at White River.  Crap, I might have to do that for lunch now that I mention it.

The most impressive to me is the Brasserie.  I remember everything there being top notch (including the price, mind you).  Everyone's food was perfect, great service, interesting atmosphere.  Fantastic wine. 

I'm also a big fan of the Wild Fork.  I think that needs at least to be mentioned on this list.  Perhaps the Summit Club too, sometimes they come up with this that are fantastic.

But I admit I haven't tried most of these places enough to judge them accurately.  I've never been to Mahogeny's either, which always makes the short list.  I try to get around, but it kills me to spend $100 a meal I can get for $25 at home (where it is all you can drink).

Yep, I'm that guy.  Cheap.

- - - - - - - - -
I crush grooves.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2009, 08:36:32 am »

For whatever reason the Polo Grill just didn't really strike me as something special.  Maybe I was pissed that lunch was $30.  I dunno.

Chalkboard was pretty good.  I had the Wellington and it was a bit on the slimy side.  But overall the experience was really nice.

Bodean's is always good seafood.  THOUGH, if you are out for simple sea food you can get the same things cheaper at White River.  Crap, I might have to do that for lunch now that I mention it.

The most impressive to me is the Brasserie.  I remember everything there being top notch (including the price, mind you).  Everyone's food was perfect, great service, interesting atmosphere.  Fantastic wine. 

I'm also a big fan of the Wild Fork.  I think that needs at least to be mentioned on this list.  Perhaps the Summit Club too, sometimes they come up with this that are fantastic.

But I admit I haven't tried most of these places enough to judge them accurately.  I've never been to Mahogeny's either, which always makes the short list.  I try to get around, but it kills me to spend $100 a meal I can get for $25 at home (where it is all you can drink).

Yep, I'm that guy.  Cheap.

And the best keg fridge in town.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
buckeye
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 12:51:03 pm »

The Brasserie is expensive, but with each visit I come away thinking it was worth every penny.

Always worth it.
ARGUS
Civic Leader

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 01:12:06 pm »

It will be Mahogany's Saturday night for one of the prettiest girl's in town birthday!

PonderInc
City Dweller
City Father

« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 01:16:49 pm »

The Brasserie is expensive, but with each visit I come away thinking it was worth every penny.
Women's undergarments ARE surprisingly expensive.  Especially if you need that extra bit of support, without the visible lines...
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org