A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:07:23 am
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bea Arthur Has Died  (Read 7045 times)
guido911
T-Town Elder

« on: April 25, 2009, 02:46:47 pm »

I thought she was truly one of the funniest persons ever on tv. I'll miss her.

http://www.fox23.com/entertainment/story/Reports-Bea-Arthur-dies-at-86/Psn33P2_Rk2x3CQSHMZINQ.cspx

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
sgrizzle
Kung Fu Treachery
T-Town Elder

Inconceivable!

« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 02:57:52 pm »

Sad

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:31:14 am »

She was also awesome as the "Femputer" on a Futurama episode.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
custosnox
Fly in the Ointment
City Father

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 01:44:04 pm »

And I learned today that she was the first female marine recruiter. 
Hoss
I'm a Daft Punk
T-Town Elder

I might be moving to Anguilla soon...

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 02:26:30 pm »

And I learned today that she was the first female marine recruiter. 

I have a copy of the Pam Anderson Comedy Central roast that she was in and she was pretty damned funny in that, if a little 'colorful'....

Libertarianism is a system of beliefs for people who think adolescence is the epitome of human achievement.

Global warming isn't real because it was cold today.  Also great news: world famine is over because I just ate - Stephen Colbert.

Somebody find Guido an ambulance to chase...
Steve
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2009, 09:52:10 am »

I thought she was truly one of the funniest persons ever on tv. I'll miss her.

That she was.  Bea Arthur could say more with just one facial expression and glance than most actresses today can say with 10 pages of dialogue and any amount of acting "training."  Of course, it didn't hurt that over her TV career she had some of the best writers and fellow on-screen actors ever.  I have watched my "Golden Girls" DVDs 100 times and I still laugh out loud, even though I have watched them so much I can practically recite the scripts.  They are fresh and hillarious every time.
mr.jaynes
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2009, 10:48:11 am »

That she was.  Bea Arthur could say more with just one facial expression and glance than most actresses today can say with 10 pages of dialogue and any amount of acting "training."  Of course, it didn't hurt that over her TV career she had some of the best writers and fellow on-screen actors ever.  I have watched my "Golden Girls" DVDs 100 times and I still laugh out loud, even though I have watched them so much I can practically recite the scripts.  They are fresh and hillarious every time.

Golden Girls was great, but you know, her in the title role on the tv show Maude, that has got to be her signature work right there! She tackled that role- as well as her role in the Golden Girls- with great virtuosity. She will be sorely missed!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org