A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 07:26:38 am
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Oklahoma House Votes to REDUCE Tax Rate  (Read 14322 times)
Cats Cats Cats
City Father

« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2009, 01:09:44 pm »

Bullcrap. I paid more in federal income tax this year than I did in the previous four years combined. If I get to keep a little more of MY money (get it, not YOUR money), I'm pleased.

Either 1) you are making more money or 2) you are doing it wrong.
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »

OK, let me get this straight.

Guido, the Obama stimulus package gives you a tax break and runs up bigger deficits. You oppose it.

The state wants to give you a tax break and run up a bigger deficit. You support it.

Huh? This does not compute.

I'm getting a tax break? Gee, that's news to me.

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
PepePeru
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2009, 01:41:51 pm »

so, apparently you're extremely overpaid, a compulsive liar, a troll or a little of all 3,  since all you apparently do is post drivel on a message board, day in / day out.

FOTD
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2009, 01:55:02 pm »

so, apparently you're extremely overpaid, a compulsive liar, a troll or a little of all 3,  since all you apparently do is post drivel on a message board, day in / day out.

Day trading, which this little demon NEVA thought he'd be doing, keeps a constant tab on TNF these daze.

DO NOT RUN GWEE OFF. HE'S A NECESSARY EVIL. We actually need IPLAW and FB back too.....

Gweedo, do you have phantom income? It's scary. But like a wise man told me the first time taxes were paid,"If you pay taxes then you made money." You should be bragging after last years' results for the market. But really, putting politics over common sense you'd agree is bad policy.

And recall after WWII the country was bound together in post war trauma while tax rates were in the %80 range and there were few who complained. Back when the citizens believed in government. After all, they'd defeated Nazism. We were confidant. Tax shelter and deductibility of interest grew the country until Vietnam invaded the treasury as taking risk was subsidized to a degree.

CHANGE IS HERE!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 01:58:43 pm by FOTD » Logged
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2009, 01:56:56 pm »

We actually need IPLAW and FB back too.....

I'm fine with IPLAW coming back, but you seem to forget why the bear was run out...

---Robert
FOTD
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 02:00:54 pm »

I'm fine with IPLAW coming back, but you seem to forget why the bear was run out...

Why? Let me guess.....

* Attitude Problem.jpg (91.31 KB - downloaded 316 times.)
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2009, 02:01:07 pm »

Either 1) you are making more money or 2) you are doing it wrong.
He probably forgot to mention the car he gave to charity or the Philbrook membership or whatever that he paid for last tax year that reduced his tax burden. Either that or he's talking about the tiny increase due to being further along in the mortgage amortization reducing the amount of interest he paid.

(Either that or he was subject to AMT this year and not last year for some reason)

We can speculate all day, but he's not going to give us any more specifics as to why his situation should be generalized to the whole population.

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2009, 02:06:24 pm »

To not confuse people, IP's hiatus is voluntary, FOTD and FB were ash-canned by moderators.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
FOTD
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2009, 02:08:13 pm »

To not confuse people, IP's hiatus is voluntary, FOTD and FB were ash-canned by moderators.

That explains my ankle bracelet......
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2009, 02:15:15 pm »

That explains my ankle bracelet......

Cheesy

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
TURobY
Social Butterfly
City Father

« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2009, 02:30:17 pm »

Why? Let me guess.....
I'm sure the anti-semitic remarks and constant thread-jacks probably didn't help his case...  Wink

---Robert
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2009, 02:40:38 pm »

Nope to all three (although I make plenty of money), I have cut back on working from an office to spend more time at home. And I will respond to you like I did with another bigot who thought he was as clever as you, who ever said I was the one making the most money in my family. Duh, is it possible my wife earns more, or did just think she was at home barefoot and pregnant? 

guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2009, 02:41:21 pm »

Will he be back? And what happened to Inteller; anyone?

Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2009, 02:43:39 pm »

And what happened to Inteller; anyone?

I wondered the same thing...maybe buried under the Target at 101st and Memorial?  Went up against the evil developer once more than he should've.
PepePeru
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2009, 02:49:17 pm »

Nope to all three (although I make plenty of money), I have cut back on working from an office to spend more time at home. And I will respond to you like I did with another bigot who thought he was as clever as you, who ever said I was the one making the most money in my family. Duh, is it possible my wife earns more, or did just think she was at home barefoot and pregnant? 

Quote from: guido911
Bullcrap. I paid more in federal income tax this year than I did in the previous four years combined. If I get to keep a little more of MY money (get it, not YOUR money), I'm pleased.

Your words, not mine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org