A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 11:57:58 am
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gardening/Yard thread  (Read 11185 times)
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 09:03:55 am »

My dog weighs all of five pounds.  If anything, the bunnies might try and carry Butch away.  He's managed to sneak in before with a sparrow wing or leg.  He sounds just like Taz when you try and take a trophy away like that.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
rwarn17588
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2009, 10:13:00 am »

Well, the younger girl got one...a freaking bunny.

Went to let her in and there she was at the back door with the non-kosher half in her mouth.

Happy to say the door is glass so I saw the carnage before opening it up to the nasty.

Both dogs got baths at about 10 last night to get off any rabbit residue.

I never heard the scream.

I've heard that scream several times. My 13-year-old greyhound has killed five rabbits in his lifetime. He's so damned fast (even now), he can be on top of the critters in no time. He nearly killed a stray cat, too.
Townsend
T-Town Elder

« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2009, 10:19:36 am »

I've heard that scream several times. My 13-year-old greyhound has killed five rabbits in his lifetime. He's so damned fast (even now), he can be on top of the critters in no time. He nearly killed a stray cat, too.

The ice storm provided good hunting for her and her sister.  A kamikaze rat ran right at her, many squirrels have gone to the mighty oak in the sky, a robin that I had to finish off (unpleasant).

I've told her every time I let her out for a year now, "don't kill anything today".  She didn't listen yesterday.
Red Arrow
T-Town Elder

« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 09:27:55 pm »

Some parts of our backyard look like a war zone. While I was filling some of the ankle breaking and twisting holes, I found a dead mole.  I guess my dog was successful. One less mole to attack my pepper garden.

Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #34 on: April 24, 2009, 09:57:56 am »

Swimming pools are a great way to catch all sorts of vermin.  I remember the first time I had a drowned mole in the skimmer basket I freaked.  At first glance I thought it was a huge rat.  I guess he'd tunnelled out and had no clue where he was going.  I get birds, mice, bats, toads.  Everything but fish.  Wink

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org