A grassroots organization focused on the intelligent and sustainable development, preservation and revitalization of Tulsa.

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:27:25 am
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rotting Racist Underbelly of the Tea Party Protests 4/15  (Read 42758 times)
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #60 on: April 13, 2010, 05:33:30 pm »

Have you ever been to a tea party or are you basing your opinions of its participants on what you see on TV?

I'm basing this particular post on a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll.  

I'm also basing it on that fact that most of the stuff I see coming out of the Tea Party I find pretty objectionable, and, as a card carrying liberal of the first degree, my reaction alone makes the Tea Party stuff suitably conservative for most conservative Americans.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #61 on: April 13, 2010, 05:48:10 pm »

I'm basing this particular post on a CNN/Opinion Research Corp. poll.  

I'm also basing it on that fact that most of the stuff I see coming out of the Tea Party I find pretty objectionable, and, as a card carrying liberal Stalinist of the first degree, my reaction alone makes the Tea Party stuff suitably conservative for most conservative Americans.

Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation.  I tried.  Really.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #62 on: April 25, 2010, 11:31:05 am »

Just look at these violent tea partiers:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2010, 11:37:29 am »

The gun-toting nitwits are also doing a lot of whining that those who point out the danger of their actions are "thin-skinned liberals," smearing their critics.
we vs us
City Father

« Reply #64 on: April 25, 2010, 12:01:02 pm »

Here's a fun little thought experiment: Imagine if the Tea Party was black!

"Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. And imagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke of the need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict in the event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government? Would these protester — these black protesters with guns — be seen as brave defenders of the Second Amendment, or would they be viewed by most whites as a danger to the republic?"

we vs us
City Father

« Reply #65 on: April 25, 2010, 12:02:05 pm »

Just look at these violent tea partiers:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNjWz1BCBc&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

I didn't watch the whole video.  When do they start exercising their Second Amendment rights?
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #66 on: April 25, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »

"Imagine that hundreds of black protesters were to descend upon Washington DC and Northern Virginia, just a few miles from the Capitol and White House, armed with AK-47s, assorted handguns, and ammunition. And imagine that some of these protesters —the black protesters — spoke of the need for political revolution, and possibly even armed conflict in the event that laws they didn’t like were enforced by the government? Would these protester — these black protesters with guns — be seen as brave defenders of the Second Amendment, or would they be viewed by most whites as a danger to the republic?"

SPOT ON!
guido911
T-Town Elder

« Reply #67 on: April 25, 2010, 12:46:15 pm »

You mean like images such as these (and no, I'm not comparing the Black Panthers to the Tea Party folks):

« Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 01:04:02 pm by guido911 » Logged

Someone get Hoss a pacifier.
nathanm
T-Town Elder

« Reply #68 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:36 pm »

Sorry, couldn't resist the temptation.  I tried.  Really.
You could have at least chosen Lenin. Stalin is a murderous madman on the order of Hitler. If you wouldn't compare someone to Hitler, you probably ought not compare them to Stalin, either. If you want to call people liberal, compare them to Bernie Sanders or Al Franken or Dennis Kucinich. Wink

"Labor is prior to and independent of capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration" --Abraham Lincoln
heironymouspasparagus
T-Town Elder

« Reply #69 on: April 25, 2010, 05:08:43 pm »

Nathanm,
That would not be reactionary enough.  Those are actually logical, sensible people, so would be unfair comparison to themselves.

"So he brandished a gun, never shot anyone or anything right?"  --TeeDub, 17 Feb 2018.

I don’t share my thoughts because I think it will change the minds of people who think differently.  I share my thoughts to show the people who already think like me that they are not alone.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #70 on: April 26, 2010, 11:42:49 am »

Nathanm,
That would not be reactionary enough.  Those are actually logical, sensible people, so would be unfair comparison to themselves.

When did Kucinich become logical or sensible?  His wife sure is hawt though.

"It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first” -Ronald Reagan
fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #71 on: April 26, 2010, 11:45:17 am »

Guido,

Those Black Panther pics depict a different time of American oppression. Teatards are not oppressed.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #72 on: April 26, 2010, 11:52:29 am »

Teatards are not oppressed.

No, they aren't subject to ridicule and hatred at all.

fotd
DONE
Civic Leader

« Reply #73 on: April 26, 2010, 11:55:46 am »

No, they aren't subject to ridicule and hatred at all.

They bring that on themselves....has nothing to do with hate. More like lack of an education. There will be no sympathy for those over 50 who lack intelligence on some level.
Conan71
Recovering Republican
T-Town Elder

« Reply #74 on: April 26, 2010, 12:13:11 pm »

They bring that on themselves....has nothing to do with hate. More like lack of an education. There will be no sympathy for those over 50 who lack intelligence on some level.

You're right, I don't pity you one bit

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by TulsaConnect and Powered by SMF 1.1.21 | SMF © 2015, Simple Machines

Mission

"TulsaNow's Mission is to help Tulsa become the most vibrant, diverse, sustainable and prosperous city of our size. We achieve this by focusing on the development of Tulsa's distinctive identity and economic growth around a dynamic, urban core, complemented by a constellation of livable, thriving communities."
more...

Contact

2210 S Main St.
Tulsa, OK 74114
(918) 409-2669
info@tulsanow.org